Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Seagate Momentus 5400 250GB 5400RPM SATA 3Gb/s 8MB Cache 2.5 Inch Internal NB Hard Drive ST9250315AS-Bare Drive (Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging)
Amazon Vehicles GoldBox Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports

on February 22, 2013
I bought it to use in my ps3 and had no difficulty replacing the old one. I surprised my husband (with the replacement already loaded with all of his settings, saved content) and he couldn't have been happier! Awesome product with a better price!
on November 4, 2013
it gave my ps3 room to breath and at the same time i can put all of my games on it with room to spare. it was so very easy to install. highly recommended!

since adding this hard drive to my ps3 it has given me way more memory and it has been working like a champ. It has made my ps3 feel like it was brand new again and right out of the box from game stop where i bought it brand new. with this hard drive you will have the same feeling all over again.
on May 6, 2016
I should have gotten one of these a long time ago. I've been saving important stuff on a flash drives for years. Now I can put everything in one place. So far it is working great. I plug it into our computer just about everyday to make sure it's working. I hope it doesn't fail .... EVER. I'm enjoying the extra space. It's keeping my creative writing projects and ideas safe for now.
on January 17, 2016
I've had a few people recommend that I should stay away from Seagate. Personally, i've never had any problem with Seagates HDDs. Works as expected and comes with a two year warranty. What more could you ask for? Read write speeds are about average for a 5400 rpm hdd. Nothing spectacular. Gets the job done.
on September 2, 2012
Amazon is very competitive. I needed a hard drive fast and didn't want to pay more for it than other specialty houses such as Newegg...turns out this drive was cheaper than the same model at Newegg, and arrived in 2 days with PRIME...Great job. I downloaded Seagates seatools to duplicate the old drive to the new one and the drive was replaced in no time.
on January 9, 2012
Installed this in an upgraded Thinkpad T60 with Windows 7. The hard disk was new, not refurbished. Worked perfectly initally. HD started hiccuping and my system diagnostics warned me my hard disk was failing, at about 9 months after installing. It lasted another 2 months and now I'm waiting for a new HD to arrive in the mail to get my computer running. We'll see how Western Digital does.... I would consider myself a very shrewd computer user and I maintain my system very well, but still the Seagate was, unfortunately, a let down.
on May 31, 2013
After I got this I opened it up and found this very shiny disc inside. When I looked into it I could see my own eyes in the reflection and gaze into them deeply. This kind of creeped me out and I dropped the hard drive. After that it didn't seem to work, but I'd guess that the cat litter inside the case is more to blame for this than anything else.
on January 12, 2014
This data HDD arrived fast and was neatly packaged. I actually got a 320 gig. It was simple to install and added a lot of extra space the old ps3s don't come with. Worth the money for sure. Would recommend intercoolers for old systems as well.
on June 16, 2014
I also needed a case for the hard drive with a usb cable becuase i have to back up the info in it first. Then take out the old HD and put in the new hard drive.

I haven't done it yet but will post if it works.
on November 29, 2010
I bought this for my son's Playstation 3 and it works terrific. It provided him with more memory, was easy to install, and it has held up great. Recommended.