Seaguar Fluoro Premier 50 Yards Fluorocarbon Leader
|Price:||$19.99 - $178.99|
- 100 Fluorocarbon Leader
- DSF - Double Structure Fluorocarbon
- Best Knot Strength
- Incredible Abrasion Resistance
- Best Impact Strength
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Virtually Invisible, Smaller Diameters. Incredible Knot and Tensile Strength. The perfect shock leader.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. It is virtually invisible in water. This is due to it having the same refractive index as water (light passes through it in the same way that it would pass through water). Pretty cool.
2. It is dense. This works well as a leader because it will sink with your bait while your braid is free to float.
3. It is much tougher than mono. All fluoro companies tout their amazing "Abrasion Resistance". It is true.
4. It is stiff, thus keeping your line straight - can you ask more of a leader?
5. It is not elastic. This stuff doesn't stretch or flex like mono does. This is yet another quality that makes it supreme for leader material. Amazing feel and hook sets.
Stuff you need to know:
This stuff, like I said, is stiff. You have to tie good knots. I usually tie a double uni knot to my braided line and a loop knot to whatever I am throwing. This combo has simply worked best for me.
Oh yea, my leader length... it all depends on water conditions and blah blah blah... but I normally tie on around a 4 foot section as I don't like to reel my knot (braid/fluoro) through the tip of my rod. This is not exact science as I have caught fish with as small as a foot or two. It is all personal preference. I just replace the leader when it looks frayed/damaged/cracked due to wear and tear.
I fish the backwaters in Naples, FL and usually pair 25-30 lb fluoro with 15 lb PowerPro braid. I usually target Redfish, Tarpon, Snook, Seatrout and Mangrove Snapper to name a few. This stuff works for them all. This is the only fluoro I use. It holds up well against anything that I throw at it.
Edit: Below is a pic of the first fish caught on this new spool of line. Happy fishing!