Seagull S6 "The Original" Acoustic Guitar w/Free $49 Seagull Embroidered Logo Gig Bag and Free Stand
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Double Action Truss Rod
- Tapered headstock for precise and stable tuning
- Tusq nut and compensated saddle for better intonation
- Select Pressure Tested Top
- Made in North America!
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Seagull S6 "The Original" Acoustic Guitar w/Dreadnought Hardshell Case and Guitar Stand
Jasmine S35 Acoustic Guitar, Natural
Fender FA-100 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar - Sunburst Bundle with Hard Case, Tuner, Strings, Strap, and Picks
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||—||GearTree||Amazon.com||Austin Bazaar|
|Back Material Type||Wild Cherry||cherry||Nato||Agathis|
|Fretboard Material Type||Rosewood||Rosewood||Rosewood||Rosewood|
|Hand Orientation||Right Handed||right||Right Handed||right|
|Neck Material Type||Maple||cherry||Nato||Agathis|
|Number of Strings||6||6||6||6|
|Top Material Type||cedar||Cedar||Spruce||Spruce|
Adding value to your purchase, Austin Bazaar bundles your instrument with necessary accessories. Everything you need to start playing immediately comes in one box. Save yourself the hassle and save some money while you're at it. A gig bag is included so you can keep your instrument safely packed away when you're on the go. A stand is included so you don't need to purchase one seperately.
Gorgeous domestic wild cherry back and sides provide a unique tone on this S6 Original from Seagull, blending the warmth of mahogany with the crisp definition of maple. Silverleaf maple neck on a shorter 24.84" scale with a rosewood fretboard is easy on the fingers while specially aligned machine heads make for quick, stable tuning.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It turns out it is a major upgrade, at least in sound. This guitar is much brighter and much more defined. Her original guitar sounds muddy in comparison. She also says she finds it much easier to play. She says she likes the feel of the fret board and neck much better than her old guitar.
If I have a single complaint it is on the finish of the guitar. Well not the finish, the color. Is prefer at least a choice of some more interesting stain and or color choices. The color is pretty boring to me. That is personal preference and quite honestly my daughter loves it. She likes it better than her first guitar which was blue but then turned to green over time.
Overall I think this is a very good value in a acoustic guitar.
It has a really unique look with the cedar top and the wild cherry sides/back in a matte finish, and a glossy tortoise shell pickguard. Pictures don't really do it justice and you'll just have to see it for yourself. Be aware that the S6 Original has a 24.75" scale and a 1.8" nut, so the neck may be a little shorter and wider than many other guitars, but it only took me about 15 minutes to adjust from a 25.4" scale and now I absolutely love it. I was handling some much more expensive Martins and Taylors and they didn't feel as comfortable as this one. My guitar teacher actually asked to trade for a session and I played his Guild while he completely jammed on my "beginner" S6. I can only hope one day to make it sound like he did.
Can't say enough about the S6 Original. It looks great, it sounds great, it feels great. If you didn't know what it was, you'd probably think I paid at least four figures for it.
As for the other items in the kit:
- The gig bag is awesome. It fits the S6 perfectly, the sides are semi-rigid, and it's well padded. It even has an elevated pad with a strap to properly support and secure the neck while it's in the bag, and there are skid pads on the bottom so you don't tear the bag to shreds. It also includes shoulder straps and a nicely padded carry handle, plus it has the Seagull logo embroidered so it's nice to have it match the instrument. The only minor gripe is that there are only two outside pockets, and the smallest one is mesh. Would have liked a little more storage, and maybe a non-mesh outer pocket so you don't have to worry about your accessories getting soaked if you have to run through a rain shower.
- Buy a different stand. The one I got is not the one in the picture. It's a bottom of the barrel cheapo that isn't very good at its intended job. Invest in something better to protect this baby. It deserves it.
Cheapo stand aside, I'm so incredibly happy with this purchase. Once I pick this guitar up I have a really, really hard time putting it down and I'm losing sleep because I'm getting to bed so late. Without a doubt, it is definitely worth the money.