Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 203 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 220 reviews
on March 31, 2012
Sometimes the brain needs a quick pick-me-up, something to work a few synapses and keep atrophy from setting in. Wordoid is a near-perfect solution, providing a few minutes of challenge and fun. The objective is much like Boggle, except as you create words, new letters appear, and the objective is to make as many words possible in the time allowed. I love the "level up" approach that adds time to the clock as you add to your word score, the only down side of which is that a game can last a lot more than the few minutes you have allotted to it.

I have two minor frustrations with the game. First is the absence of a pause button - as far as I can see the only way to pause a game is to put the Kindle to sleep. Second is that the dictionary is randomly missing several real words; however, that's offset by the fact the dictionary includes English English and not just American English.

Highly recommended.
on January 21, 2013
I generally like word games, and find that this is in the average category. I have had word accepted in the game that I've never heard of before and don't really know if they are real words or not. Maybe I'm just not very adept at the game, but I find it difficult to get many five letter words, and just getting a bunch of three letter ones is not much fun. At a given point in the game, you're only left with too many consonants and not many vowels, making it extremely difficult to form any kind of word.
on May 6, 2017
This is a decent game, and for free it is could be worth downloading and burning up some of that free stale time.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon March 22, 2011
I love word games, and this one is one of my favorite for the Android.

This is a lot like Boggle, on a 5x5 grid, except when you pick a word, then the letters go away. It also has a few special cubes that sometimes appear, like a ? cube, which you can use for any letter, and an orange shaded letter which doubles your score.

You get 2 minutes per round, and as soon as you get enough points, then the timer resets for that round, and you move to the next round, which also gets 2 minutes, uses the same board, and requires a few more points for completion. The letters carry over from round to round, so it makes it a fun challenge to try to use the hard letters first so you can score big letters later.

Pros:
+Very fun
+324 KB on my phone
+Can be moved to SD card (Appstore moved this automatically for me)
+You get exponentially higher scores, the more letters you play
+Combines the Q into QU, so q's are always easy to play
+Has a great dictionary, with all the crazy Scrabble words, like QUA, JEE, and ZEE

Cons:
-Probably a little too easy. Games for me last about 10 to 20 minutes before I "die", so you probably won't play a quick game of this.
-Only one mode of game play, even though this mode is very fun
-Small onscreen advertisements, but they're out of the way and don't interrupt game play, so they're okay

I reviewed version 0.3.1 of this app, on a Huawei Ideos phone
on June 8, 2012
Actually, it *is* my favorite Boggle type of game, but there is one thing I wish were different. The game keeps track of highest score but not the highest level achieved. Other than that, it's great!

One proble with such games is that their lists of allowable words are often strange. Wordoid! tells you than it makes use of ENALE2k, so if it allows words you don't like or forbids words you do, at least you know why.

The font is not my favorite, but I was hardly aware of it after playing a few games.

Another reviewer said there were no ads. I get ads on my Kindle Fire. I got one ad that was a bit sleazy, which might make me uncomfortable if I had kids playing this game, but I don't know if that's the fault of the designer or if it's more of an "at random" thing.
on March 29, 2011
Test device - Samsung Epic

Gameplay - boggle/word finder type game. Select adjacent letters to form words in a given amount of time. The longer the word you form, the more points you get. The more points you get, you move up to higher levels. Twists to this game are that the letters you use up are replaced with new ones, and there are special characters that help add to your score or act as a wild.

Controls - You select letters with your finger tip. Tap a letter twice to deselect it. Selection was precise and responsive.

Graphics - Ok, nothing stellar, but did the job well enough.

Sounds - Thankfully not maddening. Sounds can be turned off in the Settings.

Stability & Performance - Game played smoothly and I didn't experience any crashes.

Extras - Keeps track of your highest score, but there isn't a way to compete against others or post your score.
on September 20, 2011
This is probably the biggest 'time-waster' app that I have on my phone. I picked it up after watching my wife play it. While it isn't fancy, it still a fun game to play. I wish I could edit the dictionary. I can't complain since it is a free app. Now if I had to pay for it I might have knocked of a star for not having this feature. There are some words that are 'real' but the game doesn't recognize. In addition I hate it when I get too many vowels; however, that is part of the game. You have to strategize to eliminate vowels early in the game to avoid being inundated with them. If you like word puzzles this is definitely a game for you!
on April 28, 2011
I am a word-game fiend, and I particularly like this adjacent-letters-search format. This game rocks!! Definitely my favorite game on my Droid & my go-to app when I have some time to kill. I play it multiple times a day. My only suggestion for a (hopefully in-the-near-future version) would be to score words based on the letters used, not simply on the length. For example, "jump" or "exit" should score higher than "tree" or "sets" because "j" & "x" are not nearly as commonly-found in words as are "r", "s", "t" & of course "e". I feel robbed when I use an uncommon letter (or even worse, letters) & get the same points as any other word. Silly, I know... but there it is.
on December 22, 2011
(Note: inn tribute too this awesome app, all the words inn this review are between three and seven letters) Once wee started playing Wordoid wee were all quickly hooked. Now all our Android devices inn the family have Wordoid, and wee all play about one hour oar more every day. The time limit can bee tough and shuffle would bee nice but overall five stars are inn order! High score still only 646 but I'll have more time too play over the holiday break. icy trees toast quick prunes!
on September 17, 2017
I like the game a lot. Is there a non-timed version?