Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(5 star, Verified Purchases). See all 37 reviews
on June 8, 2015
Great starting point when starting from zero.
on December 12, 2016
Great book, many tips on how to optimize your web site.
on February 8, 2011
As the book suggest it was really insightful, one thing to be aware of in general is that this feild has a lot of people putting up bogas information and selling it this is a good book to start and to buy, if you want to buy supplemtary books on the subject research the author because some authors just write books to promote there own business in SEO, but yea over all good book to start. Have fun
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 13, 2017
as expected
on December 2, 2014
Another great book in a great series. Even if you are not a novice, this series is outstanding because it is filled with references and pointers to great resources!
on July 15, 2009
I am a newbie to Search Engine Optimzation and Search Engine Marketing. When I first eyed this book and saw that it contained nearly 750 pages I thought this would be just another "tech book" that I would start to read and then abandon to my pile of other unfinished readings. This book is really an easy read and the authors make it such. Not only are you learnng SEO but also SEM for business. This is the first instructional book that I actually looked forward to the next chapter. I must admit that there is a lot of information to absorb but because, "you do have to sweat the small stuff", all info is pertinent.
What I particularly liked about the book is when a term is defined early on, say on page 25, and it is later mentioned on page 320 that term is again defined. It saves me the task of going back to find what that term meant. You learn much easier through repetition. Some of the content was a little over my head but I attribute that to being a rookie in SEO. As I learn more and apply what the authors teach I know I will have the inside track over my competition.
VINE VOICEon February 26, 2011
This 700+ tome is full of great information, links, resources, practical advice, caveats and ideas. Almost overwhelming in content, the book itself is broken up into 10 "mini-books", or major topics - providing background as well as specifics for SEO. The author is a respected SEO provider, and does get a little self-promotion in throughout the book. Regardless of the light but steady advertising, the content is a must read for any business owner who has a website and is looking to make the most of their online presence. For the non-techie like me, it was eye opening and easily absorbed.
on November 29, 2010
I've been working in the SEO field on and off for almost a decade so I know most of what is in this book. The book does have a few things I don't know and confirms my ideas on a few techniques so it's well worth the [...] bucks. If you don't know anything, or much, about SEO this is a great book and probably the only one you'll need. I trust Bruce Clay and his tips over the years have been useful and correct.
on September 29, 2009
I am new to SEO. I am studying up for my career as well as for our family business. As a beginner, I am pleased to say I felt like it was written in a way that was easy to grasp, which I did not expect. I read most of it with my computer right next to me so I could check out our own website and those of our competitors. It's almost like a checklist with more meat to make sure you do the most you can to be near the top of the list when someone searches for your offering. It is a big, thick book with a lot of information. I should have read up on SEO sooner.

I would recommend this for any business owner currently with or considering a web presence. (I know I would have done things differently had I read this book before getting our site designed.) Also, marketing, sales or customer services execs. may find this handy as they look to increase sales / revenue and/or the ability for their customers to find their product or service easily on the web.
on October 14, 2011
Supper book to help people who want to use search engine and remove any and all errors to get the max from the Search Engine. Written for dummies like me.