Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Search Engine Optimization: Your visual blueprint for effective Internet marketing
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

on July 16, 2008
As the owner of a web design firm that offers a growing bundle of SEO services, I have spent thousands of dollars staying up-to-date with the latest strategies for search engine optimization.

But despite the big-name conferences I've attended, this $30 book is the best investment I've made in SEO.

The author does a phenomenal job of covering every phase of the process. In fact, I hit Amazon this evening, because I'm buying 4 more copies that will be distributed to every part of my team... 1 for our lead web programmer, 1 for the people doing keyword research, 1 for our copywriter and 1 for the people who focus on link building strategies. There's stuff in here from which everybody can benefit.

I also appreciate how it's organized. If you like text - there's a section in each chapter with text. If you prefer pictures, the second part of each chapter is chock full of diagrams and images that would allow somebody to learn a lot with minimal reading.

I highly recommend this book.
VINE VOICEon June 1, 2008
Many SEO books focus on keyword optimization, but this little number is a veritable compendium of techniques. If you applied half of what you'll find in here, your site would be more optimized than you can even imagine. This covers everything from content to links to blogs to micro-blogs to forums to reviews to directories and communities and ad copy and keyword bidding... whew. No other books comes even close to the variety of options that Kristopher's book has. You'll learn more about variations of SEO techniques from this book than any other source. So start here, and if you need to go further in depth on any of the topics, you can branch off into some of the other fine books out there on specific topics like landing page and keyword optimization.
on May 14, 2008
The book was written by Kristopher B. Jones, CEO of PepperJam. Kris is well known in the industry and considered an authority not only in the search marketing community, but among Internet marketers is general, including affiliate marketers and people in display advertising. I think the title of the book was not well chosen, because it is not only about organic search engine optimization, but about marketing your business and website in general.

The book covers paid search advertising, affiliate marketing, public relations, web analytics and more, basically everything that is important for a successful online presents. That Kris has experience across the multiple channels of Internet marketing, from his business as fully integrated Internet marketing agency shines through in his book.

Unique about the book is also how it is designed. It is geared towards the visual folks like myself and uses a tremendous amount of pictures to show things instead of just using words to explain. Virtually every page has a screenshot or illustration and is an integrated part of the book, beyond the simple use as decoration or reinforcement of the written text.
on May 21, 2008
I read Search Engine Optimization: Your Visual Blueprint for Effective Internet Marketing by Kris Jones from cover-to-cover. Go ahead and buy it! It's really a top-notch book!

Don't let the title fool you. The book covers much more than search engine optimization. It's really a domain spanning book, and one of the first published works that I have seen to integrate search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), and affiliate marketing programs (AFP). From nearly any perspective, these three areas of expertise all have one overlapping goal --- providing the right content where it will be seen by the right person at the right time. Leveraging support and expertise from Pepperjam, Jones does an excellent job of integrating these three areas into a near seamless package. In this respect, the book is really ground breaking, and a harbinger of things to come in how these areas will be viewed.

The 296 page book has eleven chapters, an introductory history of SEO, and a nine page index. Each of the eleven chapters has a standard organization that is clear and readable. Each chapter begins with a two page overview, with each of topics that the chapter covers in easy-to-read callout boxes, along with a larger callout box providing information on some unique concept or tool related to the chapter. The remainder of the chapter is divided into sections corresponding to the callout boxes in the two-page chapter introduction. It is a really neat layout that is effective and efficiency for both a complete read and returning to for a reference.

The eleven chapters are: Getting started with SEO, keyword generation, creating pages, basic Website structure, advanced Website structure, creating content, creating communities, building links, using Google analytics, social media optimization, creating pay-for-click campaigns, optimizing PPC campaigns, optimizing for niche search engines, monetizing traffic, and installing SEP plug-ins.

As a person active in the areas of SEO and SEM, I was interested in the book's topics but, honestly, really thought that I wouldn't learn much that was new to me. I was totally wrong! The chapters are packed with worthwhile information in a `how-to' format. I learned loads of worthwhile and actionable information.

In any book that I review, I try to find something that one could improve upon. One suggestion that I would have is a reference list at the end of each chapter pointing to further reading on chapter topics. This would broaden the audience from primarily practitioners to include also educators, trainers, and researchers. However, this is nick picking.

The book is great!
on May 29, 2008
The very most up to date and, in my opinion, the most intelligent book about modern SEO that I have read in the last two years. I think that SEO is in a new phase or in a new era. In this new era is absolutely necessary know a lot of thing about keyword generation, web 2.0, site structuring, social web, social media optimization, SEO plug-ins, etc. and this book is plenty of information about this new SEO era. However maybe is it not an absolutely beginners book. In my opinion, probably requires a few prior knowledge of the field. The compensation: probably the best 2007/2008 SE0 book.
on October 29, 2012
I reviewed the on-line reviews of approximately 15 books on Search Engine Optimization before visiting my local bookstore to check out the books first hand. Once I arrived at the bookstore I reviewed at least a dozen books on the topic to find one that contained all the topics I was looking for. Kristopher's book is excellent! Each chapter starts with an overview of the contents that will be covered, much like a good textbook.

I was looking for a book that could provide a high level overview of all the areas I need to be addressing on my website and where to turn to find subject matter experts (SME) for each of the topics. I don't expect authors to be SMEs on every topic. The book offers a great opportunity for readers to ensure they are addressing all the essential areas of SEO to be successful and offers guidance on where to turn to learn more.

I found that it was written in a way that enabled me to take action rather than reading hundreds of pages only to find a few nuggets of useful information. This book is packed with useful information that readers will turn to again and again.

I highly recommend this book if you're looking to take action and improve the ability of the search engines to find and evaluate your website. If you're looking for a book that reads like a novel, look elsewhere. This is book was designed for read, update your website, return to reading, do more work on your website, repeat.

Well done!

Joe
on March 9, 2011
I don't know how people give this book such a good rating. I bought it and found the information to be completely useless. I'm a WordPress developer wanting to expand my SEO skills and this book was a complete waste of time and money.

The book is filled with screen shots to tools online, most you have to pay to get some decent information out of them. This book felt like one of those round-ups that people blog about today with titles like "The Top 40 Blah Blah Of 2011".

I honestly don't recommend this book as it contains very little information and basic stuff.
on May 21, 2008
I just read your book "Search Engine Optimization - Your Visual Blueprint", It's AMAZING!!
Great job!!! It really is an SEO Blueprint, everything is their and laid out so perfectly.

Realizing, for quite some time, that SEO is an integral and most important point of any internet venture, I purchased several books on SEO to be knowledge enough to implement SEO in my ventures.
After reading several books, I became very frustrated due to them being so terrible is every way possible.
Then came along your wonderful & informative book, were I now am confident and having a strong understanding of SEO. - Thanks.
on December 5, 2008
The author did a great job putting every major piece of SEO together. It is very easy to follow this book because of its well-organized structure. Some of the tools mentioned in the book are very valuable. One thing I found most useful from this book is the "friendly" way that author talked about some of the very technical stuff, such as URL redirect/rewrite, nofollow, robots.txt, etc. I highly recommend this book!
VINE VOICEon June 17, 2011
Absolutely outstanding book. Current information as of Spring 2011, and relevant for Google, Bing, Yahoo and ven Ask and other search engines. If you need to buy only one SEO book, this one is it. Filled with easy to follw actionable information and techniques for optimizing your website. Easy to read, amazingly easy to understand. every age shows examples, step by step, on how to perform the SEO taks at hand. Also covers some SEM and gereal web information, this book is an indispensble tool in the toolchest. My new favorite SEO book. If you have interest in the subject, buy it.