BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now FFII_gno

on February 10, 2016
In the sequel to Dealing with Dragons, someone is stealing magic from the Enchanted Forest, prompting the King - Mendanbar to search out Kazul to find out if the King of the dragons knows anything. But when he finds out that Kazul has been dragonnapped, King Mendanbar and Princess Cimorene begin a quest to find out where Kazul is.

Told mainly from the point of view of Mendanbar, Searching for Dragons is a fun, quick read. Filled with malfunctioning magic carpets, giants who plan career changes, and dastardly wizards who would thwart Cimorene and Mendanbar in their quest, this book continues the whimsical spirit of the first.
on May 11, 2016
Ahhh! The second book. I definitely would recommend if you read the first book, you absolutely must continue with this one! Even if you don't end up getting the last two books, this one is a definite must, as I truly enjoy Cimorene and her story of meeting the king of the enchanted forest. It's well worth the time and money. I trully am enchanted by the whole series! But Book 1 and Book 2 are definitely the best out of all of them. 3 and 4 are good too, but not a definite read like the first two are!
on December 18, 2014
Did I like this one EVEN BETTER than the first one? Possibly.

It had less Kazul, which is sad because I like Kazul. And I was at first a little wary when the book opened from the perspective of someone other than Cimorene.

But all my doubts were unfounded! This entry is just as charming as the previous book.

Mendanbar is very likable, and his relationship with Cimorene very refreshing. They worked well together without unnecessary angst. They made a good team.

It was nice to see Morwen again, and Telemain an amusing addition to the party. The wizards were as devious - and as useless- as ever.

The little side plot where Cimorene and Mendenbar solve everyone's fairy-tale problems was clever, and injected an extra dose of humor into what is already a sweet tale. I especially appreciated that their interventions caused some unforeseen problems (like in the case of Wicked Uncle and nephew) but then solved them as well. Very neat plotting.
on March 29, 2017
This book is creative and the series is great. I think this book deserves a 5 star rating and anyone that likes wizards, dragons, knights, kings, sorcerers, princesses, princes, magic swords, enchantment, and etc. Would definitely recommend to any fantasy lover or young adult.
on October 30, 2002
Wrede must have had a blast writing these books -- I certainly had fun reading them. And I'm 36, so ignore the fact that they can be found in the juvenile section of the library.
The books are very much like the old "fractured fairytales" of Rocky and Bullwinkle. All the fairytale standbys are here: pricesses, dragons, knights, witches, enchanted beasts, giants, magic carpets, etc. But nothing seems to be quite like the fairytales promise.
Giants want to retire from pillaging and complain that all Englishmen seem to be named "Jack". Flying carpets need to have their threadwork tuned up. And evil uncles (the male auxiliary of the Right Honorable Order Of Wicked Step-mothers) can actually be quite fond of their nephews.
Besides this, there is a nifty romance taking place. In a world where sensible people try their best to avoid fairytale romances, the best romance of all turns out to be a fairytale cliche!
The series is really set up as a standalone first book, and then a sequel to that which takes place over the span of a trilogy. So this novel is the first third of the sequel. But it stands alone just fine, and is my favorite of the four books.
on October 31, 2013
I was so very pleased to be able to get this book because I had books 1,3 and 4 but I did not want to move on to 3 before reading the 2nd book and I was afraid these were only sold in sets.
on June 20, 2017
Excellent book.
on May 28, 2016
Second favorite book series of all time. I love that the series changes perspective each book. This has been apart of me for the last 15 years. It's fun and the writer is very creative!
on January 12, 2017
This is book two of one of my favorite series. Now I own it in paperback as well as kindle. I would recommend it to anyone.
on November 12, 2016
There is so much fun in these books. I enjoy reading them over and over. Wonderful series for any age.