Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

"Lost" Season Four Exclusive Bonus Disk

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 1, 2008, 8:33:49 AM PST
Lee DeWald says:
For the second season DVD release of "Lost," you could get an exclusive bonus disk if you purchased the set at Best Buy.

For the third season DVD release of "Lost," you could get an exclusive bonus disk if you purchased the set at Wal-Mart.

Does anyone know if this will be the case with the fourth season DVD release? Are there any exclusives for buying at a certain location, or has that been discarded this year?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2008, 8:09:06 PM PST
Jack says:
I don't think anyone knows yet. When the ads come out with the new releases, then it will say what store has what.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2008, 1:50:19 PM PST
there was also a season one bonus disc at Best Buy........
I have been trying to find out about season 4 also.......hope it's not at Walmart again so I don't have to go there :(

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2008, 4:24:21 PM PST
DB says:
lol, Me too, the last time I went to Walmart was last year when I was getting season 3. horrific shopping experience, I thought I was lost in that place, and I had to drive to another town because there's no Walmart in my city.
FYI, the UK release (already out) of Season 4 has 6 disc, while the US only has 5 disc; all 14 episodes are spread across first 4 disc, so I'm guessing there should be an exclusive bonus disc somewhere.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2008, 9:19:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 2, 2008, 9:20:26 PM PST
The US version will also have 6 discs. Discs 1-4 will have the episodes. Discs 5 & 6 will be bonus material.

Also, the "LOST: Missing Pieces" webisodes will be on the bonus discs in case people wanted to know.

A listing of the bonus features and easter eggs for the set can be found at http://lostpedia.com/wiki/Lost:_The_Complete_Fourth_Season_(DVD)

I really hope that some store will have an exclusive bonus disc.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2008, 4:42:03 AM PST
Lee DeWald says:
I am hoping this will be the case, too. I missed out on Season One and Season Two for the exclusive bonus disks, but I wised up with Season Three. I don't mind buying the sets at certain locations at all, although I was bummed that the Wal-Mart closest to where I live didn't have the third season of Lost and I had to drive to one really far away just to get it. Hopefully, that will not be a problem this year.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2008, 5:26:02 PM PST
DB says:
it seems like the DVD set does have six disc after all... the original press-release stated five disc, and so does the amazon listing. but the official lost dvd page listed six disc, maybe a last minute change.
it's kind of excessive for a shorten season to have two bonus feature discs though, so maybe we won't be seeing any exclusive bonus disc this year.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2008, 5:59:00 AM PST
The Blu-ray version will be 5 discs. Blu-ray can hold more information, so that should be ok.

I'm thinking that they probably made more bonus discs since this season was much shorter than previous seasons.

So far the early released ads for Best Buy, Target, and Circuit City don't mention any exclusive bonus disc. Still not sure about Walmart yet.

Target is going to run a promo that gives you a $20 gift card when you purchase previous seasons.

Best Buy is going to run a promo that gives you $20 off any previous seasons.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2008, 11:10:20 AM PST
reader1 says:
I was just at Costco.com. The picture of the DVD box says two bonus disks.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2008, 1:44:45 PM PST
I could be wrong, but I thought I heard on the commercial that the Blue Ray disc will have exclusive content that the regular DVD won't.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2008, 5:07:00 PM PST
Jack says:
Yes. The Blu-ray Disc version of season 3 also had extra content. Some studios (mostly all with newer releases) put extra content on Blu-ray Disc for people to start buying it and sometimes the content can only be played on Blu-ray technology.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2008, 10:49:05 AM PST
Ivan Vtorov says:
Could you please explain why Disk 5 with bonus features can't play (even can't loaded). Is it common problem? Other 4 disks are fine. I use one of the latest SONY Vaio PCG-8X2P PC.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2008, 10:58:32 AM PST
Brian Yager says:
All Blue Ray discs are capable of not loading. It is absolutely random as far as I can tell. I have had to send back many movies because of this. Sometimes, I would have to send the same movie back twice before I get one that works.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2008, 1:02:21 PM PST
so why should i upgrade to blu-ray? this is not the first time i have heard people complain about discs not being able to play. actually i have heard and read many complaints about blu-ray discs. obviously there is some flaw in the technology so they need to fix this problem instead of continuing to sell a defective product, at least in order for me to start upgrading.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2008, 4:00:39 AM PST
Lee DeWald says:
The disks are not the problem. It's the type of Blu-Ray player you are using. They are not all the same, and in the case of Blu-Ray players, you get what you pay for.

I've had Blu-Ray disks here and there jam up on my player. It happens. Then I take them out, put them back in, and they work fine.

Trust me. It's not the disks. It's your Blu-Ray player.

Posted on Jan 31, 2010, 5:41:12 PM PST
I couldn't get Disc 6 to play...........anyone know why? It says "disk error"

Posted on Feb 20, 2010, 8:24:42 AM PST
Valerie says:
I was wondering if anyone had a problem with the 4th season epsiode The Constant. Ours played with the commentary over it and there was no way to turn it off. The other episodes played normally except for the last one playing with the commentary about halfway through.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Dec 1, 2008
Latest post:  Feb 20, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

This discussion is about