Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now FFII_gno

This has to do with Season 1, (Sorry more traffic here) about discontinued version.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 16, 2013, 2:51:56 PM PST
I am looking for the discontinued version of Season 1. How do I know if its old or new and edited? ISBN, UCP code, wording? Anyone know? Please read below from my original posting. Thanks.

Target had the same copy out for months after they were changing the commentary. Chances are one of the stores still has a copy of it in stock. Does anyone know how to tell the difference and if so, could you please share that information?

I was thinking of finally buying the set and would rather have this over the edited one. If I could find it. Thanks.

Posted on Feb 18, 2013, 12:22:27 AM PST
There's numbers you can check and you probably can check Ebay but I guarantee it's going to be expensive since it's rare. HBO bought back all the copies floating around in stores. You'll have to get it from people. I'm sure Google will have the info you're looking for. I'm definitely not selling mine.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013, 9:29:47 AM PST
JF says:
I didn't know about this. What is the difference between the two releases. I have season 1 and bought it almost as soon as it came out so I hope I have the un-edited one if there is more content.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013, 10:06:57 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 18, 2013, 10:09:20 AM PST
JasonY says:
Only a single scene that involved a "cameo" by President George W. Bush was edited. Details here... http://www.slashfilm.com/pressing-game-thrones-season-dvd-collectors-item/

Besides that scene, the current and discontinued versions are identical. So yeah, nothing to worry about.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013, 1:28:12 AM PST
Michael says:
Who really cares? What a ridiculous thing for everyone to be outraged about. America is overflowing with hypersensitive weaklings who spend their time being offended by everything. The fact that people actually take them seriously and respond to them with anything other than laughing and flipping them the bird is just sad. HBO's 'tail between our legs/oh, we didn't know and are also outraged' reaction is equally sad. Way to back up your talk HBO (the network that advertises itself as 'unafraid' and 'edgy').

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2013, 8:09:50 AM PST
MJG says:
I realize this this almost a month old, but ... Amazon does have this version for sale. I have an unopened copy, but I'm restricted from selling it. Don't know why. Here's the link. Game of Thrones: The Complete First Season (DVD)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Feb 16, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 6, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

This discussion is about