- File Size: 1880 KB
- Print Length: 358 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 064817431X
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Shenanigans Press (December 7, 2017)
- Publication Date: December 7, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B077LYR3FY
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #461,103 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$12.99|
Save $8.00 (62%)
Seasonal Shenanigans: A Christmas Anthology Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
"Children of Blood and Bone"
Tomi Adeyemi conjures a stunning world of dark magic and danger in her West African-inspired fantasy debut. Learn more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Of the fourteen stories, I really enjoyed the plot, humour and characters of:
* Eight Secret Nights (Shoshana David) - a sweet but hot romance between a shy guy and a Jewish heroine who celebrate Hanukkah together. I loved the premise of a secret admirer giving the heroine gifts and learning more about Hanukkah (which I wasn't all that familiar with to be honest) and what it means. I loved how the hero went out of his way to learn too, and the special way he helped the heroine celebrate this event.
* Missing You For Christmas (Moxie Rivers) - this was a seriously heart-touching story of a married couple, the husband serving in the military overseas and the wife at home alone for yet another Christmas. It was a wonderful story of friends, friendship, surprises and love, one to warm your heart, maybe even bring a tear to your eye by the end.
* Santa Claus is Coming (Jennie Kew) - a cougar romance with a photographer heroine and younger fireman hero! This story was hot, hot, hot! Definitely an erotic romance. What's not to like about a ripped fireman in an Aussie themed Santa photo on a beach, helping out his best friend's older sister, one he's had a crush on forever? Loved Ms Kew's well timed humour and one-liners as well as the fan-yourself sex scenes. A complete, multi-layered, satisfying story.
* I Fell Through Starlight For You (Keira Fox) - I loved both the characters in this contemporary short story with a slight paranormal twist. Kris, the hero is a half Snow-Elf/half human and Santa's son. Lucy runs a café/bistro and stays open all Christmas night to provide sanctuary and a place to feel welcome and warm during a time when some feel lonely. The heroine is a genuinely, selfless person, and Kris ends up a recipient of her care the night he falls from his dad's sleigh after an accidental mishap. It's a feel-good romance, one I really enjoyed everything about, except perhaps the rather abrupt ending.
Overall, what I really enjoyed in the anthology were the variety of hero and heroines portrayed. They all weren't hot looking, handsome guys and Barbie figured girls, but relatable characters.
The writing craft and skill of the authors in this anthology do vary, as does the believability/clicheness of some of the plotlines and characters, but I'm sure most readers will find a variety of stories they will enjoy, just as I have.
I'm glad I had the chance to read this anthology and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys festive-season flavoured, short stories.
(I received an ARC of this book for review.)
A Grease Monkey Christmas-Cailin Briste: I really enjoyed this story. I don't think you have to be a Sci-Fi Romance fan to enjoy it, either. It’s got that Christmas touch, and two people who have more in common, and more to offer, than what meets the eye. Fun and sexy.
Christmas is Coming-Liv Honeywell: This one was both sexy and sweet. A bit of BDSM, a bit of romance. I especially liked Will’s creative use for rope. The back and forth between the two felt natural, a real couple.
Eight Crazy Nights-Shoshana David: This one was sweet and sensual. A little build up with Hanukkah serving as the time frame. There’s laughter too. The writing itself was a little different, in a good way. This new author will set herself apart in the romance world.
New Beginnings-Dana Kenzi: A sexy number that will have you chuckling. There’s as much silliness as there is sex, and it’s great. Another one that colors outside the lines a little bit.
The Promise of Love-Maya Bailey: This one is sure to delight historical romance lovers. A scandalous union, lives torn apart, and a second chance at love. Sensual and sexy, bitter and sweet mixing together for a lifetime of what was missed.
Most recent customer reviews
This anthology is sure to have something for everybody to enjoy.Read more