Pre Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet (12.5 inch) by Utopia Kitchen
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$78.80 (79%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Cast iron cookware is less smoother than the Non-Stick cookware.
- Iron deficiency is fairly common worldwide especially among women so cooking food in a cast iron skillet can increase iron content by as much as 20%
- Hand wash even before first use and dry immediately; rub with a light coat of vegetable oil after every wash
- Allow cast iron skillet to cool completely before washing them in hot soapy water with a sponge using regular dishwashing liquid soap; it is not dishwasher safe
- Its superior heat retention will keep your mouth watering food warm for a long time
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Ready to Use: Factory Seasoning
To provide you with a ready to use cast-iron skillet, all our cast-iron cookware pass through factory pre-seasoning stage in which soy-based oil is used on these high head allowing the polymers to create an initial layer of seasoning. This one factory seasoned layer is equivalent 10-15 rounds of normal home seasoning. The normal cast iron seasoning we create at home is attained when the fats and oils used in cooking collect on the cast iron.
This makes our cast iron cookware completely ready to be used straight out of the box. No initial seasoning is required. However; in order to maintain the factory-seasoned cast iron layer you need to season it from time to time. Factory seasoning is just a kick-start to your cookware’s seasoning life. Not to forget that seasoning is an on-going course. If you want your cast iron to maintain a perfect black, non-stick patina, then get started with the cooking. Regular use and proper maintenance is the key to a coveted black non-stick surface.
With our Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron cookware now cook all you can; whether it be steaks, paninis, vegetables or anything you like your tummies to be fed. The perfectly sized wide diameter allows an ample cooking space, making it compatible with oven, stove, grill or over a campfire. This skillet can be used on various heat sources including gas, electric, induction and ceramic-glass top stoves, and ovens. Pay attention while using it on a glass stove top as slight sliding might cause a scratch to the surface.
Prepare delicious dishes and indulge into the best cooking experience at home with this cookware. Whether it is searing, sautéing, simmering, braising, baking, roasting, or frying, this has it all.
In order to maintain the non-stick surface of your cast iron cookware, follow the steps given below:
- Making Your First Meal: It is highly recommended to start with frying Bacon as it enhances the factory seasoning layer by adding, even more, oils to the coating although anything else might do the trick.
- To Boost Seasoning: Meat contains fats that enhance your cast-iron seasoning.
Maintain The Seasoning:
- Before cooking, rub some olive oil over your cookware’s surface.
- After washing, rub some olive oil over your cookware’s surface and place it on a stove or in an oven, at a low temperature, to allow the oil to seep in.
Enjoy a Healthy Lifestyle
With cast-iron cookware, you do not need to use large amounts of oil to give those potatoes a golden crispy color or. The lovely black non-stick polish on the surface is an indication of a properly seasoned skillet, making it almost non-stick. Cast iron pans allow you to avoid the unsafe chemicals found on non-stick pans which can cause undesirable damage to your vital organs.
It is very natural for iron to rust without seasoning but there is nothing to worry. It’s really easy to fix. Simply scrub the rust, rinse, dry, and cover with a little vegetable oil. If the problem persists, you will need to thoroughly remove all the rust and follow re-seasoning instructions given below:
- Wash the cookware with hot, soapy water and a stiff brush. It is perfectly fine to use soap this time because you are recreating the seasoning from the scratch.
- After washing, rinse and dry the cookware completely.
- Apply a thin, even layer of melted solid vegetable fat (or cooking oil of your choice) to the cookware inside and out. Make sure not to use too much oil as it will result in a sticky glaze.
- To grab any oil drips, place aluminum foil on the bottom rack of the oven and set the oven temperature to 350 – 400 degrees F.
- Then put the cookware upside down on the top rack of the oven.
- Bake it for at least an hour. After an hour, turn the oven off and let it cool in the oven.
- After the cooling process, store it open in a dry place.
- Repeat the process as required.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have used this pan for several meals now. Its getting a great coating on it and its been so awesome having the extra space in this pan... I can cook 3 grilled cheese comfortably in this pan if that helps you with the size. I cooked chicken in it one night and it did stick but so does all my other cast when I neglect the seasoning! The great thing about cast iron is stove, oven, or over the fire your food will be delicious! (ps if you cook over the fire scrub the outside of the pan with soap when your ready to bring it to the stove again or your hands will forever be black from handling the pan! haha learned the hard way)
Here is how I keep my cast iron skillet 100%:
After cooking, I forget about the skillet and let it cool.
Once I remember it is dirty, I run it under hot water and wash away food debris with The Ringer (another great product on amazon, it's a stainless steel, mesh cleaner). This takes roughly 15-30 seconds, remember it doesn't have to be perfect (best part), you just need the food chunks off.
After this I dry with a paper towel, pour (or spray) a little oil in the skillet and wipe around with the same paper towel.
Last, I heat on the stove (med high heat) until it smokes and then remove from heat. This seasons and dries the skillet at the same time. Seasoning makes the skillet stick-free and prevents it from rusting.
That is it! Overall it takes maybe 2 minutes of your attention to clean the skillet after heavy use. Do this and your skillet can last you your whole life and some, while constantly delivering the most delicious cooked food.
See my pics to get a feel for its size.
SEASONING the pan prior to use is EASY and very IMPORTANT:
What You Need
Dish soap, Sponge or stiff brush, Clean, dry cloth or paper towels, Vegetable oil or shortening (I prefer shortening)
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Wash the skillet with warm, soapy water and a sponge or stiff brush. Cast iron should not normally be washed with soap, but it's fine here since the pan is about to be seasoned.
3. Rinse and thoroughly dry the skillet.
4. Using a cloth or paper towel, apply a thin coat of vegetable oil or melted shortening to the inside >> and outside << of the skillet.
5. Place the skillet upside down on the oven's center rack.
6. Place a sheet of aluminum foil below the rack to catch any drips.
7. Bake for an hour.
8. Turn off heat and allow to the skillet to cool completely before removing from oven.
Additional Notes: A seasoned skillet is smooth, shiny, and non-stick. You'll know it's time to re-season if food sticks to the surface or if the skillet appears dull or rusted.
That's all it takes to get years of use from this quality cast iron skillet. If items start to stick, or the pan loses a bit of it's shine just repeat the process.
I received this item at a moderate discount in return for a honest and unbiased review. I really DO love this skillet and it's priced good too.
Most recent customer reviews
Perfect. Buy this. Now.
(This product is Ron Swanson Approved)