Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Digital Albums Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,269 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,333 reviews
I used to install office furniture (put myself through college that way) and know a fair amount about the construction quality of office chairs. I've probably assembled several thousand of them, everything from Global to Herman Miller to Hon. I've also built the cheap off-brand chairs that big-box office retailers sell. Usually, the less expensive the chair, the lower the quality. A good office chair from a top-shelf brand that matches this chair's design and characteristics would cost 2-3x what this chair does.

Usually the difference in cost is due to poor quality plastic parts, a poor quality pneumatic lift mechanism, lower grade leather (if applicable), and junk casters that don't roll freely. After building this chair and testing it out, I can say that it is a very well made chair with quality parts, except for the arm rests. The pneumatics are strong and even and fully support even a large male (I weight 205lbs). The leather seat cushion is comfortable, not over or under stuffed, and sewn with heavy gauge stitching which won't fail quickly. The caster are adequate, and while not quite as nice as those on a premium chair, do roll easily and freely without getting stuck, even on office carpet. The mechanical levers for seat adjustments are well placed and are easy to adjust. The machine quality of the metal parts is good, and the whole chair assembly is firm and well built.

The mesh back is responsive, firm, and comfortable. While not adjustable as on some much more expensive models, it does support a variety of back types adequately. If you prefer a very 'cushy' chair back such as an overstuffed chair, this is NOT the chair for you. This is a firm back and lower lumbar support type of chair.

What this chair lacks is quality arm rests. They are concave, which is a decent design for those with thinner arms, but if you are a larger person, they can and will become uncomfortable. They are also made of slightly tacky plastic, which doesn't breathe and is much less desirable than leather arm rests in my opinion.

Aside from the arm rests, this is a really nice office chair that's built to last. It's well worth the price, and is comparable enough to more expensive models to make it a solid purchase.

Assembly tip: either get a 3-point Phillips head screwdriver or a hand wrench to tighten down the machine screws that attach the arms and chair base. A small screwdriver will not be sufficient and you'll find yourself needing to re-tighten them constantly. Trust me, it's better to get them extremely tight the first time around using the correct tool.
3030 comments| 1,560 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 3, 2016
Chair came in two days (via Prime). Approximately 40lb box. No padding inside, but the parts were arranged in a way that kept everything mostly secure. Took <20 minutes to assemble. Instructions included - (Photo below). Only required tool was an allen wrench, which was included with the screws and washers that came with the chair.

For those asking, the chair does rock/lean back. You can adjust the tension via a knob underneath the chair. It is also designed to give the option of locking the chair in the upright position. This is done by pushing in the level that is used to raise and lower the chair. To allow it to tilt again, you just simply pull the lever back into the "out" position. Maneuverability is great! The wheels move freely and seem well made.

Another popular question is whether or not this chair is suitable for short(er) people. I am 5'10 - It suits me perfectly. In this highest position (which I will probably never use), with my back fully against the backrest, my feet are about 2 inches off the floor. I mostly use the chair at about 40% of it's maximum height. Feel sit flat on the floor no problem.

I bought this chair as an upgrade to my old one, which was a $50 mid back office chair from Wal-Mart. This was a significant upgrade, and right away, I knew my back pain would be alleviated. Like many of you shopping for an item like this, I work from home, and sit at my desk for at 6-8hrs/day, sometimes more. The support that this chair offers is not the absolute best you could find, but at this price point, it definitely delivers. The backrest stays cool thanks to the breathable mesh. My previous chair had practically zero 'lift' remaining in the padding of the seat, which was extremely uncomfortable. The seat on this chair is much more solid, but not in the sense that it is hard at all. It's just simply made much better and offers more comfort.

I gave 4 out of 5 stars because although the convenience of the adjustable arms is nice, they aren't very sturdy. The upper half of the arm rest (basically above the button you press to raise/lower them) moves around slightly in the highest position. That being said, I would not let that factor deter you from purchasing this chair. Oh, and the material on top where your arms sits does have some give to it. It isn't hard plastic, but it isn't a soft cushion either. Reference the photo below where I am pushing on it with my thumb. I would classify that 5th start regarding the armrests under "sturdiness" if nothing else, but the overall build of the chair is great!

In one of the photos I attached, I left one armrest in the lowest position and moved the other one to the highest so that you can see how much range they have. Happy with this purchase. If something changes, I will come back and update!
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
on November 5, 2014
This chair designed as an acceptable substitute/imitation of the famous Aeron office chair, costing a sixth the Aeron's price, but with most of the comfort and ergonomics.

However, the chair I received has a defect in the way the back material is attached to the sides via staples. Just after 30 days of owning the chair (after Amazon's return period expired), the staples are coming out on one side, and I fear the back material will start separating from the sides soon. I'm pushing the staples back in every once in a while, but they're not holding firmly and come out again shortly thereafter. Some are already completely out.
review image
44 comments| 220 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2015
This chair is very comfortable. I have had it for one year (purchased in October 2014). The chair started squeaking almost immediately and needs WD-40 every month or so to keep it greased.

The armrest on the left side of the chair has also started to come apart. The right side seems fine, but this one is pretty bad. I have contacted the manufacturer about replacing it and they are currently giving me the runaround (telling me to contact Amazon).

We'll see. For now, I would skip this and pool your money for slightly more expensive brand-name chair.

UPDATE: Still have not received contact from the manufacturer regarding replacement of the defective part as of 2/10/16 (more than 6 months).
review image
99 comments| 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 24, 2016
I am a large guy. 5'10" and 215 lbs. I needed a chair that wasn't "professional", (in the $500-$600 price range), but was comfortable, able to hold me, and shared features found on more expensive chairs. I worked in offices for thirty five years, and a call center for a decade, so I have sat in many different office chairs.
This chair was easy to assemble, and it has served me well for many months. The arm rests are perfect, (although I don't dare put too much weight on them), The padded seat is not too soft, not too hard, just right. The mesh back is cool and allows airflow, and has just the right stiffness when leaning back.
I would definitely buy this chair again.
on December 8, 2014
I bought both the Flash Furniture Mid Back Black Mesh Chair and the SPACE Seating Professional Dark Air Grid Back w/ Black Eco Leather Seat.

I needed two chairs for my home office as I often have clients over. At the time of this review, both of these chairs are number one sellers on Amazon in their respective categories. At my previous employment I had an Aeron chair and funny enough I actually like both of these as much if not more. The Aeron had better casters and quality of construction but I always found it kind of mushy, and I had to constantly re tighten the arm rests as they tended become loose from their settings after a couple of hours.

Consensus: Pleasantly surprised by both of them and I’m giving them both 5 stars for value and comfort. Note, I’m only in my first week with both.

- Ease of assembly – Assembled both chairs within 15 minutes. The SPACE was in particular really easy. Both have the identical number of bolts used in identical places (10 for each chair). The Flash had slightly weaker instructions but overall both were very easy to assemble. I particularly like the touch of the SPACE chair where they warned on the box “don’t use a knife here to open” which could have led to cutting some of the fabric with a large knife.

- Comfort – I am 5’ 9” 220 lbs (body builder) and I found both chairs very comfortable. I prefer a firmer cushion and good back support - both were excellent. Same thing on leg height. I had no issues with long terms seating when with past chairs my legs and ass could go numb. I’m currently using the Flash more, but that is because if reading a book or gaming, it’s nice to be able to tilt back. The SPACE has better casters and is better for hardcore grinding away at work if you want a rigid back. I’ve noticed people complaining that the chairs don’t go down far enough. At my height no problem. Especially once I added blocks under my antique oak table lifting it up higher. Perfect ergonomic feel now compared to what I had before.

- Quality – The SPACE (made in Taiwan) has better quality construction and materials than the Flash (made in China). Aesthetically I find the SPACE better looking, The Flash has some nasty silver flashing on it, cheaper plastic, and IMHO leaving the nasty dust guards off made it look much better. If I had to bet money on it I think the SPACE will outlast the Flash. The quality of the cushions on the SPACE also seem a bit higher than the Flash.

- Value – For the comfort I have now, if these chairs last a couple of years it’s an outstanding value. I seriously considered getting another Aeron and I’m glad I didn’t. I’m part of a start up now and I’m getting 90% of the comfort from the Aeron for literally 1/7th the price from each of these chairs. AND I now have two chairs. Killer value.

Overall: Depending on what you want from an office chair they’re both great. The Flash has the advantage of adjust ability for different seating postures but the SPACE wins when it comes to old school, rigid back grind it out comfort – it just feels a little bit more stable.
on June 24, 2015
The chair I received is different from chair pictured here, but I am not complaining. The only difference is the seat design. Both, I assume, are "eco-leather," but my chair is not one smooth surface. Instead, it has a stitched design (see picture). IMO, the stitched design looks less prone to tears. Whether this is true, I have no way of knowing. Either way, I think it looks better than a plainly smooth surface. The seat is comfortable and wide! I'm a 36" waist and there is absolutely zero leg confinement in this chair. I didn't realize it before, but this leg freedom makes all the difference when it comes to comfort. The back tilt locking mechanism is easy to use: push the lever in to lock and pull out to unlock. This chair raises very high! I'm 5"10, and when this chair is raised completely, my feet don't touch the ground. On that note, when raised fully, the chair feels less stable; It wiggles a little bit, but not much. The armrests are adjustable in 6 heights. The armrests are not plush padded but are padded with a more firm material. The armrests are indented slightly so arms feel like they are sitting in a super shallow pool (can't think of a better way to describe it). The back provides fairly good back support. I definitely wouldn't call it super lumbar support or anything, but it's good enough to sit in for hours at a time. My lower back bothers me sometimes and this chair does not cause me any discomfort. Casters roll on my fairly thick carpet with adequate push. This chair is just sturdy all around. It doesn't feel cheap. For the price, I'm not sure there is a better option. Box came pretty banged up, but all content inside was perfect.
on March 30, 2016
Five or six years ago I replaced a worn-out office chair with a "Humanscale Personal Liberty Chair" from Relax the Back for $900+ and for more than moderate use at a desk, it turned out to be a back-wrecking chair. I had to replace it. I found a review comparing the SPACE chair ($150) to an Ergohuman chair going for $624, a Herman Miller Aeron for $949, and a Steelcase Leap Chair for $919. I don't know what bells and whistles I'm missing (the space chair uses vinyl fabric), but it is a fabulously good chair for my back in a totally different price bracket than the others mentioned. I would recommend this chair to anyone with back problems.
I also use a McKenzie OPTP lumbar role; I have 2; one standard and one firm. I am sitting longer and more comfortably than I ever have before.
on November 3, 2015
Love this chair, just put it together in a few minutes. Very comfortable, I expect to be able to use it for hours without feeling any metal in the base.

I especially like how it leans back. The back of the chair leans normally but while doing so, the base also leans slightly. Happy medium between just the back leaning and the whole chair leaning. Perfect!
review image review image
on February 28, 2016
Some reviews compare this chair to the Herman Miller Aeron chair. It is not that, but a good office chair at a reasonable price when comparing to similar chair available at national chain office supply retail stores. I purchased this chair for a home office to relieve the lower back pain I got from my previous chair.

PROs:
1. Great back support particularly the mid and lower back. The lumbar support is not adjustable, but it is still quite good compared to most other office chairs. Many chairs regardless of price have bad sitting posture. This chair will improve your sitting posture and will provide support to your lower back.
2. Assembly is very easy and done in 20-30 minutes. An allen key is provided for assembly. You install the casters, arm rests to seat, control bracket, and back rest.
3. Smooth casters, smooth motion and well cushioned seat with vinyl on top and mesh on sides. Overall this chair is probably one of the more sturdier chairs you can get at this price point. It also reclines nicely.

CONs:
1. Arm rests although sturdy are not solid at their high and mid position. They shake a bit, but don't seem too flimsy. At lowest setting it is better.
2. The seat depth needs to be 2" more. I am over 5'10" in height and wish the seat provided a bit more support to my legs.
3. This chair is for people who are taller than 5'1" and shorter than 6'. My wife is about 5'1" and her the heels of her feet don't touch the ground at lowest height. If you are over 6' the seat depth isn't sufficient and lower back support may not work as well.