BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Wonderstruck PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon drwho drwho drwho  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 19, 2015
I bought this last December 2014. The upper stitching on the left shoe is already coming apart. Worst shoe I ever bought and I don't even have an option to exchange it.
review image
on April 26, 2015
I bought a pair of these penny loafers 30 years ago when they were still being made here in Maine. They still had wear in them minus the ability to "shine up" well but even still were good looking and my "go to" shoe with a jacket and blue jeans. This pair fit like bed room slippers after break in. I finally bit the bullet and bought a new pair knowing this pair was living on well borrowed time. This new pair is constructed the exact same way, in every detail, minus two nail heads visible in the soles. No big deal. My old pair was a 10.5 D and I ordered a 10.5 D. Understand that these shoes are true to size if you really understand what your shoe size is. If you have never owned a pair of these classic Sebago penny loafers you will be unhappy with the fit. Board the "pain train" and do the work to break them in and have the best shoes in your wardrobe that you have ever owned. Put on a pair slightly larger SOAKING WET socks than you plan to wear in reality. Use a shoe horn, put them on, and wear them a little bit everyday until they take shape to your feet. Trust me folks ... these shoes will fit like they are suppose to and fit like a glove after going this and also wear like iron, or so I hope, for another 30 years...but don't think they will feel any where correct straight out of the box, this is an unreasonable expectation from this QUALITY penny loafer! Leather stretches .... do the work and end up loving a pair of shoes that you will not want to take off. After a week of break in, I'm wearing my new loafers with thin dress socks and oft times sock-less and my feet are HAPPY!

UPDATE: After having these shoes for a year, they are a complete disappointment. These Sebago's are now manufactured outside of the USA and are, sadly, cheaply built using inferior material and cost cutting methods. The leather soles have holes worn through to the inner liner and the sole actually split around the stitch seam around the toe area. The top leather finish "flakes" off at the flex points of the shoe which reveals leather beneath which can not be polished back to life and blend back in to the surrounding leather. It is a horrid look, light colored spider cracks and lines across the top of the shoe and sides. Taking these shoes to a cobbler for failure analysis, I learned that the color was "painted on" ( a process used now to cut cost) and not dyed through and then polished to a fine and lasting finish as they were back in past. Trust me..you won't live in these shoes for long at all. Go high end with a USA manufacture for your loafers and get 30 years out of them as these are not it! Sorry folks, for steering you wrong with my original review...
review image
33 comments| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 26, 2011
Material used: The leather used in this shoe is pretty stiff which i hope to break into after repeated use. The leather is shiny and very easy to polish to obtain a mirror-like brilliant shine.

Pro: The leather is study and retains it shape easily. It is internally unlined and breathes easier.

Con: The leather is very stiff and is uncomfortable to wear when not broken into. It takes a while for the leather to flex and mould to the shape of your feat. The internally unlined nature means wearing socks is a must (at least at first) to prevent blisters from friction with rough internal surface and feet.

Workmanship: 9/10. One mark from away from perfection as there seems to be some small drips/strands of glue stains on some parts of the leather surface which cannot be removed. Careless factory worker.

Fitting: true to size

Price: $56.07 on July 3, 2011. Absolute value for money!

Remarks: Wear socks for initial use. A very classic look that makes you look more stylish than your peers. Looks good with pants or jeans. Does not look good with shorts as it too dressy and preppy.
on December 20, 2016
I have been wearing Sabago loafers for 30 years. First, Sabago loafers are a hard leather shoe. They are tight fitting (narrow) when new; they are supposed to be. Sabago loafers need to be "broken in". I marked them as "Fits as expected" because I expect them to initially fit tight. A shoehorn is usually necessary to get them on when they are brand new. This is temporary. The leather will stretch over time. Socks are very important. You want to limit the variation in thickness of your socks. If you wear thick socks for awhile the leather will stretch and when you go back to thin socks your loafers will be too big and your feet will slide around. Pick one sock thickness and stick with it. These shoes also have a leather sole. If you wear them daily like I do be prepared to have them resoled periodically. I usually need to have them resoled at least yearly.
As far as color, the antique brown and cordo are very similar. I have both and when you put them side by side you can see a difference but it is subtle. If you are trying to decide which color to get they are so similar that it really makes little difference.
on September 1, 2013
I own (and still wear) a pair of this exact same shoe (same model, same size) that I have had for several years. When my new ones arrived they were dull leather and not shiny leather as they should have been and as the ones that I now have are. Also, the size was so far off that I could not even get my foot started into the shoe, even with a shoe horn. Something has changed at Sebago, and not for the better. Lack of quality control, I assume. I am disappointed that Amazon did not do more to know what they were selling. I had no problem returning the shoes for a refund, but it was still a bad experience.
on March 14, 2016
From all the reviews that I had seen before purchasing these shoes, hey ran either true to size or a bit narrow. I did not find this to be the case. I have a very large but standard width foot, size 14D. these shoes were basically an American size 15EE. I returned them in hopes that the 13D would fit well, but they were incredibly narrow and too small in length as well. Clearly, there are issues sizing larger sizes for whoever now handles the manufacturing overseas for these shoes, as they are no longer manufactured in Italy. Quality was touch and go. I loved the sole and heel construction. the foot-bed was better than the Bass variety, however, they only had a half foot bed liner, and the front end of the show was all raw product, just as the Bass counterpart. there were hard scuffs on the top of the tongue were it looked like a machine had possibly held the shoe during dying, as there was no dye in this area. the stitching the standard, low quality thread that we have all come to expect from overseas, cut- rate manufacturing facilities. The leather itself was the biggest letdown, as the shoe claims to be leather uppers, but you can clearly see from the splits where it is stitched together that if it is indeed leather, it is a very low quality. this is very disappointing to see, as all the other brands are of the same, garbage quality so I have actually given up looking for a classic penny loafer at this point. I had to return mine. Just not worth the money. If you value quality footwear that lasts more than a year and can be resoled over time, do not waste you money here
on May 9, 2017
I purchased the shoes and had to go overseas not realizing the shoes was not going to fit properly. It was too large. I usually wear 8 E, but this one was like 8 EE or EEE. I tried to exchange it and the supplier refused because the return period had expired. I would have done it earlier, but I wasn't here. Thus, I still have in its original box in the closet.
on December 15, 2016
Don't buy these-unless you want expensive shoes that have a painted finish. These are not the sebagos that used to be made in the states.
on June 27, 2016
I am Euro size 40, US 7.0, with slim width for an Asian feet.
I ordered a larger Euro size 41 or US 7.5 to compensate for the likely narrower width, in order to sustain the streamline shape. Even with the larger size, the shoe length was almost 1.5cm shorter than all my existing slip-on or laced footwear. I obviously could not squeeze my foot in, length or width wise.
I have exchanged by reordering a size 8.5 D. Let's see how the new size fits.
Regardless, the sizing is way too small.
on August 21, 2016
Nice looking shoes but they are very, very narrow. I wear a 10.5 D width and bought that size. Upon receipt, getting them on my feet was a struggle. At first, I was going to return them but decided that, since most loafers do loosen up with wear, I'd suffer through the first few times. Yes, they have stretched over several weeks of wearings but they're still uncomfortable over the course of a day. I have to take them off during the day to provide myself some relief. At this pace, the soles and heels will wear out before they feel all-day-long comfortable. Like the color and style but will order them as Wide next time (assuming, of course, there is a next time).

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.