Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on April 26, 2015
I bought a pair of these penny loafers 30 years ago when they were still being made here in Maine. They still had wear in them minus the ability to "shine up" well but even still were good looking and my "go to" shoe with a jacket and blue jeans. This pair fit like bed room slippers after break in. I finally bit the bullet and bought a new pair knowing this pair was living on well borrowed time. This new pair is constructed the exact same way, in every detail, minus two nail heads visible in the soles. No big deal. My old pair was a 10.5 D and I ordered a 10.5 D. Understand that these shoes are true to size if you really understand what your shoe size is. If you have never owned a pair of these classic Sebago penny loafers you will be unhappy with the fit. Board the "pain train" and do the work to break them in and have the best shoes in your wardrobe that you have ever owned. Put on a pair slightly larger SOAKING WET socks than you plan to wear in reality. Use a shoe horn, put them on, and wear them a little bit everyday until they take shape to your feet. Trust me folks ... these shoes will fit like they are suppose to and fit like a glove after going this and also wear like iron, or so I hope, for another 30 years...but don't think they will feel any where correct straight out of the box, this is an unreasonable expectation from this QUALITY penny loafer! Leather stretches .... do the work and end up loving a pair of shoes that you will not want to take off. After a week of break in, I'm wearing my new loafers with thin dress socks and oft times sock-less and my feet are HAPPY!

UPDATE: After having these shoes for a year, they are a complete disappointment. These Sebago's are now manufactured outside of the USA and are, sadly, cheaply built using inferior material and cost cutting methods. The leather soles have holes worn through to the inner liner and the sole actually split around the stitch seam around the toe area. The top leather finish "flakes" off at the flex points of the shoe which reveals leather beneath which can not be polished back to life and blend back in to the surrounding leather. It is a horrid look, light colored spider cracks and lines across the top of the shoe and sides. Taking these shoes to a cobbler for failure analysis, I learned that the color was "painted on" ( a process used now to cut cost) and not dyed through and then polished to a fine and lasting finish as they were back in past. Trust me..you won't live in these shoes for long at all. Go high end with a USA manufacture for your loafers and get 30 years out of them as these are not it! Sorry folks, for steering you wrong with my original review...
review image
44 comments| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 19, 2015
I bought this last December 2014. The upper stitching on the left shoe is already coming apart. Worst shoe I ever bought and I don't even have an option to exchange it.
review image
on July 26, 2011
Material used: The leather used in this shoe is pretty stiff which i hope to break into after repeated use. The leather is shiny and very easy to polish to obtain a mirror-like brilliant shine.

Pro: The leather is study and retains it shape easily. It is internally unlined and breathes easier.

Con: The leather is very stiff and is uncomfortable to wear when not broken into. It takes a while for the leather to flex and mould to the shape of your feat. The internally unlined nature means wearing socks is a must (at least at first) to prevent blisters from friction with rough internal surface and feet.

Workmanship: 9/10. One mark from away from perfection as there seems to be some small drips/strands of glue stains on some parts of the leather surface which cannot be removed. Careless factory worker.

Fitting: true to size

Price: $56.07 on July 3, 2011. Absolute value for money!

Remarks: Wear socks for initial use. A very classic look that makes you look more stylish than your peers. Looks good with pants or jeans. Does not look good with shorts as it too dressy and preppy.
11 comment| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 1, 2013
I own (and still wear) a pair of this exact same shoe (same model, same size) that I have had for several years. When my new ones arrived they were dull leather and not shiny leather as they should have been and as the ones that I now have are. Also, the size was so far off that I could not even get my foot started into the shoe, even with a shoe horn. Something has changed at Sebago, and not for the better. Lack of quality control, I assume. I am disappointed that Amazon did not do more to know what they were selling. I had no problem returning the shoes for a refund, but it was still a bad experience.
on December 15, 2016
Don't buy these-unless you want expensive shoes that have a painted finish. These are not the sebagos that used to be made in the states.
on June 27, 2016
I am Euro size 40, US 7.0, with slim width for an Asian feet.
I ordered a larger Euro size 41 or US 7.5 to compensate for the likely narrower width, in order to sustain the streamline shape. Even with the larger size, the shoe length was almost 1.5cm shorter than all my existing slip-on or laced footwear. I obviously could not squeeze my foot in, length or width wise.
I have exchanged by reordering a size 8.5 D. Let's see how the new size fits.
Regardless, the sizing is way too small.
on August 21, 2016
Nice looking shoes but they are very, very narrow. I wear a 10.5 D width and bought that size. Upon receipt, getting them on my feet was a struggle. At first, I was going to return them but decided that, since most loafers do loosen up with wear, I'd suffer through the first few times. Yes, they have stretched over several weeks of wearings but they're still uncomfortable over the course of a day. I have to take them off during the day to provide myself some relief. At this pace, the soles and heels will wear out before they feel all-day-long comfortable. Like the color and style but will order them as Wide next time (assuming, of course, there is a next time).
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 17, 2017
These are my go-to loafers for heavy use in sometimes sloppy conditions. I usually expect to pay between, say, US$ 65 to 125. I usually have one rubber-soled pair and another with a leather sole.

My only complaint is that the same cut or size -- in my case 9E -- is always slightly different: sometimes it fits perfectly, with even some wiggle room after it stretches and opens up; and other times it is pretty darn tight, and I need a shoe horn and some elbow grease to get them on. Strange.

Generally, I would describe Sebago loafers, whether rubber- or leather-soled, a solid item.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 24, 2013
I have had and worn out many pairs of this shoe. i finally went through the last pair of US made Segago's this month and ordered a 2 pairs from amazon; one in D with and one in E width. I was a little concerned given that manufacturing had moved to the Dominican Republic. The concern was partially justified. The D seems a little small and the E was larger than i remember. I kept both however the stitching on the D failed at the toe box within about 20 days. I returned it (thanks Amazon) and replaced with with the same size (D). I think it was just a QC hiccup as the replacement pair seems fine and is stretching out to fit just fine. Both pairs are now very comfortable and they look great with a little polish. I would buy these again from Amazon and will since its very hard t find shoes in my size that fit. (14D)-(14E). Leather is supple and the sole appears to be wearing fine. Dropped one star due to the return
on August 11, 2015
Good shoe at a good price. Looks good and fits well. It is great to be able to get a shoe made with real leather sole and uppers at this price. If I were to go to the shoe department of a major store I would have to spend more thsn twice as much to get an equivalent shoe. Of course, then I would be able to justify the cost of new leather soles when the originals wore out and I would have the "satisfaction" of wearing a premium brand.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.