Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,312 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,406 reviews
Last summer (2015) I wanted to try something different, footwear wise. I had saw people wearing Sperry Topsiders and a few family members touted them as comfortable. I initially ordered a pair of Sperrys, but my width was out of stock everywhere. So I decided to try Sebago, and instead of the classic boat shoe look I went with the mesh sided Clovehitch 2 in EEE width. I had never owned a pair of boat shoes before, and have always wore socks, but nevertheless I opted to go sockless with these shoes. After a year of wear they have broken in and are comfortable, but don't make the mistake I did, buy yourself some no show liner socks or you will get blisters. I actually have a scar on my left heel from last summer where the skin was rubbed away after a day of walking around. Don't let that scare you away! Buy some no shows, don't plan on wearing your out of the box boat shoes in situations where you will be walking all day, break them in a few hours here, a few hours there and after a while you will have a pair of comfortable, hard wearing, unique Sebagos, that are definitely not the average pair of Topsiders. A huge plus is the Marine Grip soles, which seems to work equally well on wet grass or concrete and is very stable, if thick. All in all I recommend getting these if you like the style. The mesh doesn't help cool your feet as I had hoped but might work well if you actually get water inside the shoes.
These are pretty good boat shoes. However, they have two attributes that I do not like, hence the four-star review. First of all, the interior of the shoe is a fabric rather than leather or at least fake leather. Leather is best, particularly if you are wearing the shoe barefoot, because it allows your foot to breath. I did not know this when I bought the shoe or I probably would not have bought. Secondly, the front of the shoe is squared off somewhat rather than curved as is the case with most boat shoes. The result is that the styling of the shoe is somewhat boxy and unappealing.

On the plus side, if you don't mind boxy look, these are decent looking shoes. They are also pretty comfortable when worn with socks. They fit precisely as expected. For boat shoes, I am a perfect 8.5 D if I want to wear the shoes barefoot and an 8.5 W if I want to wear the shoes with socks. I ordered these as an 8.5 W and as expected, they fit perfectly with socks.

I have only been wearing the shoes for about a week, so I cannot comment on the longevity of the shoe. I will update this review if I have any issues of this type. I will say that simply by inspection, the shoes seem very well-made and nice-looking other than the styling issue that I mentioned. RJB.
on October 8, 2015
These shoes have been surprisingly comfortable. I honestly was concerned at first, especially because the size of these shoes is not accurate on amazon. They all run large it seems. I wear a 14 in every other shoe but in these I was a 13. My first few times wearing them I was pleasantly surprised at how comfy they were and that they remained comfy throughout the day. The look was a bit bulky to be honest but i still liked how they felt, and how I was able to move with them.

The only problem I had was that it seems as if whatever they treat the shoes with rubs off onto your socks. I dont know if this will be a consistent thing as time goes on, but the first few times I have worn them, a brown stain has shown up on my socks by the end of the day, mainly around the upper area. For the most part it has not been an issue and washed out of the socks, but its still been a bit of a concern.

All in all solid shoe. Just remember to go smaller, and to be honest I would try and get them on sale, because I do think they are slightly overpriced.
on March 18, 2017
I love Sebago shoes. I bought my first pair decades ago and since then have bought three more. With my other Sebagos, size12 was perfect. With these a 12 was too tight, but a 13 was too big. Since I had worn them outside a few times I did not try to return them.
Eventually, I took them to Goodwill. Additionally, they are bulky and boxy looking. I ended up finding a pair of Sperrys designed the same way that look, fit and feel great.
on June 25, 2017
Nicely made shoe. However, while the order options show a 2E width (which is what I ordered), in point of fact the shoe arrives as a "W" width which seems to try to cover the 2E - 4E range, perhaps about a 3E. I find this same situation with other brands as well. So - buyer beware. Other than somewhat larger than expected sizing, this is a nice shoe.
VINE VOICEon February 15, 2017
A good looking shoe and , seemingly, well constructed. The sole looked very impressive for a non-skid sole which was one thing that I was looking for in a shoe.However, I take a 11N and this 11N was too large in the width and the heel. My foot slid around in it when fully laced even with a medium heavy sock. I was going to try different innersoles but the deal breaker is that inside both shoes outside of the ball of the foot was bunched stitching which pressed painfully on my feet. I could feel it inside the shoe, it stuck out about 1/8". I thought that I could slice it off but feared if I did that the thread would come apart and the shoe's upper pieces would come apart. If the shoes had fit better I would have exchanged them to see if mine was a one off mistake but given the other problem I decided that it wasn't worth the hassle.
on July 18, 2017
Nice looking with a generally overall comfortable fit. Profile of shoes from front and back look like they lean in instead of sitting up-right. Exception is the stitching on the inside of the shoe rubs by the little toe. Am returning as I think both issues are reflective of a diminution of quality over the years by manufacturers. A large component of this quality reduction, I think, is due to off-shore manufacturing, poor oversight by stateside company staff, low quality control, and the fact that we continue to buy and accept the inferior quality.
on March 23, 2017
Unremarkable shoes. Poorish construction. Slightly smaller than their size marking would suggest. Mine came with a small knot of stitching inside that made them unwearable. I was eventually able to remove this with very sharp scissors - but it kinda highlights the less than stellar quality of these shoes.
on March 17, 2017
I wear these shoes 5 days a week and use them during my daily walks.
This is my 3rd pair and I replace them every 18 months or so.
The old pairs become weekend slumming shoes.
They do stretch a little but not a whole size.
on November 29, 2014
I love Sebago shoes!! That said, they are shrinking. For 20 plus years I have worn the same size in the same model. I ordered the 14EE from Amazon; usually I buy direct from Sebago or a retail store but the Amazon price was too good to resist with the Holiday25 discount; ....... and the shoe is too small. I physically measured the shoe against one of my existing 14EE and the shoe is physically 3/8" shorter. So....either Sebago is making a cheaper shoe for Amazon, or in order to maintain a price point in the marketplace they have changed their manufacturing standards.

I ordered a 15EE; perfect fit; but it matches the footprint of the previous 14EE.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.