Workplace Solutions Best Kids' Books of the Year Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Stocking Stuffers Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Platinum artists Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 138 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on August 28, 2016
**Update to my previous notes on sizing. I've been wearing these Sebago Docksides around (in the navy with red sole) for a few days now. At first, I found that tying the laces tight enough to keep on my foot, but loose enough to not put uncomfortable pressure on the top of my foot - to be difficult. However after a couple of days and finding the right tightness, they are very comfortable. I will also add in that just today, I tied the laces to look more neat and tidy using these short video tutorials (from Sperry actually). I did the fishtail and added the 'acorn' or barrel ends to my extra length. Not only do the laces look MUCH better now (neat, tidy, cute) - it also seems to have helped with creating a tight enough fit that is in no way uncomfortable. Here's the link to the unique lace tying tricks: [...]

Just received these shoes, and wanted to leave a quick review for now on sizing (because I'm ALWAYS looking for this info in other reviews). I typically waver between a size 6 and a size 6.5 in shoes of all different kinds of styles. With flat shoes like these boat shoes, I often need a 6 (doesn't matter the manufacturer, but just in case you are curious, I am a definite 6 in Sperry's if you are comparing the two brands). I went with my gut and ordered a 6 in these, and the fit is correct! So if you are between sizes, I'd recommend going with the smaller of your two sizes, especially if you are like me and find that most flats run long and floppy. I will say, the heel of the shoe is lower than average, and with the overall fit, this means that I will need to rely on actually tying the laces with correct tightness to keep the shoe on my foot...but that is to be expected to a degree.

Will have to write again later on durability and long term comfort. Style is just as pictured though, coloring is accurate for the navy version with red sole and brown laces.
on September 11, 2012
They fit to size, have a good quality but too stiff and you should choose something more comf. If you have sensitive feets.
on May 5, 2014
These shoes are awesome! I was a little skeptical when purchasing due to poor reviews however I was pleasantly surprised. There is just the right amount of cushion and the quality is very good. I received them about a week ago so I haven't been able to really put them to the endurance test however I have been wearing everyday and they are holding up well.
on April 18, 2016
Love the color as it will go with many other colors. The shoes have very strong leather that needs to soften up before I can wear them for a long time. Once broken in they may be just right. They aren't too small lenghtwise, but are tight across the foot.
on March 3, 2016
This shoes need to be broken in, there is no escaping it. They fit a bit larger that other brands. I usually wear my Sperry's without socks but wearing these shoes without socks would spell a bloody mess. Also, they make my feet hurt pretty fast, I would only wear them if i was sure I was not going to be walking for a long time. They are fine but I will most likely not buy this brand again.
on January 29, 2014
I wish I cou look d pass it as a gift to someone. ?
But my problem is I dont know how I'd handle the return .,
Send it were .. what add, how do I know I'm going to recieve the credits for
The return..
Other than that everything else has been fine. Tks,
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 30, 2015
I love Sebago so I can't give anything below a three-star rating simply because the brand is so awesome. However, I wish I would have known just how narrow the women's shoes fit because these didn't even come close for me. My feet are wide, but I even purchased a wider width in women's and they were so tight they hurt. For all my wide footed female friends, go with a men's shoe. Same styles, wider fit.
on October 26, 2016
I always put innersoles in Docksiders for support. They start out a tad narrow but stretch comfortably quickly. The size itself is accurate. But if you need to add a little arch support, they need to be broken in just a bit.
I prefer these to the other famous maker boat shoe because the toe is more rounded than pointy....
on March 19, 2015
The shoes are soft and roomy. The color will go well with many pieces of my wardrobe They are a little wide, but I usually wear a half size smaller. Amazon was out of my shoe size in this particular shoe, but never the less the Docksides Oxfords are of great quality and again very soft leather uppers with strong soles. They are brown with blue soles and leather trim. They are not stiff in the least. They are very nice and were at a reasonable price.
on September 29, 2014
Seller hi dear ... I'm a little upset because I think I'm a good customer ... and I think if I buy a shoe that is a color that should get me ... today I get my goods to Venezuela and four pairs shoe arrived I was a color I did not ask and I do not really like .... by the exchange system we have in Venezuela I can not return them because it would be a big expense for me and serious loss of both time and money .. .le say this because I would not want that to happen again ...

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question