Truck Season Automotive HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on August 26, 2014
Second Chance Pass is probably my least favorite of the Virgin River novels, and I've read them all, some of them more than once (they're like comfort food when I want something warm and cozy and heartening). If you're reading the series in order, you probably will want to read this, if only because you get glimpses and updates of some of the main characters from earlier books. If you're thinking of reading this as a stand-alone book, you would be better served by grabbing Virgin River instead. The lead characters in this book, Vanni and Paul, are hard to like most of the time. Many of the scenes are incredibly repetitious, and don't serve to advance the story or your understanding of the characters. Not sure whether Robyn had to reach a certain number of pages for her publisher, or she got bored with the story line, but I think this book would have benefited from some serious editing.
One person found this helpful
on November 29, 2017
Enjoyable. Compelling stand-alone. No violence or drag-you-down drama.

This story has several different scenes and lead characters deftly woven throughout.

Believable characters with distinct personalities. Thought-provoking and entertaining dialogue.

Realistic procedures, actions and reactions.

I will continually re-read this series.
on January 4, 2015
Fifth in the Virgin River series, this story is aptly named: second chances appear for Nikki and Joe (first introduced here and likely to be in the forefront in a future title, I hope) as well as for Vanessa and Paul, her late husband's best friend.

A scary post-birth episode will ring true for any woman who's experienced something similar and the fire that threatens the town and Jack's life generates Mel's review of her life with the bar owner that is affecting.
2 people found this helpful
VINE VOICEon February 17, 2011
Second Chance Pass is Book 5 in the amazing Robyn Carr's Virgin River series. If one goes online to check out any of Ms. Carr's books, they will find themselves awash in comments from devoted followers. Why the adulation? Because Ms. Carr delivers on a theme readers the world over, love. Brave military men and the women who love them who live to a code of honor, seemingly missing in today's gimme, gimme, entitlement era.

I love that this series provides new characters with their struggles while keeping us informed on the previous characters who inhabit tiny Virgin River, her fictional town in the Humboldt County redwoods. I can't wait to read more about Jack Sheridan and his nurse practitioner wife Mel and their growing family, or John Middletown, the gentle giant who captures Paige's heart. Or the rest of Jack's and Preacher's ex-Marine buddies. They're all here in Second Chance Pass, plus the stories of Paul Haggerty and his adoring bride Vanessa, Vanni's father, General Walt Booth and the retired movie-star neighbor, and architectural designer, Joe Benson who is instantly blown away on his first meeting with Vanni's girlfriend and maid of honor Nikki Jorgensen.

In Second Chance Pass, the reader will walk through the births of Mel's and Paige's babies, discover Paul's undying love for Vanni and her deceased husband, and cheer Joe Benson as he meets his match in petite Nikki. But can Nikki shed her apprehensions about Joe's sincerity after a night of mind-blowing sex? Is it just a fling or the real deal? Pick up a copy of Second Chance Pass and find out. You won't be disappointed. Robyn Carr's Virgin River is a series so heartwarming, you wish you could move there.
17 people found this helpful
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 27, 2014
Vanessa and Paul's story leaves you breathless. Paul is a local contractor and every town needs one!! I loved their story. Virgin River is the place to be. Love this series and thank goodness Ms. Carr has a lot more stories in her head. Love them and highly recommend them. Can be read as stand alone books but better to read in order. Once you start, you will not be able to pass one up. I discovered Ms. Carr when I first got my Kindle and I downloaded as many of her books as I could find. I have loved them all. Great reads.
on June 3, 2017
Another great story. Not just a love story but drama. I love how these people befriend each stranger they meet. Reminds me of how t i was used to be. I miss that small town neighbor helping neighbors feel the world used to have. In this series I get it.
on January 4, 2013
This was my first "read" of Robyn Carr's Virgin River series. Initially, I was just looking for a new author, and picked-up Second Chance Pass at the library. Loved the characters and setting so much that I went back and have added nearly all of the series onto my cloud for Kindle Fire and White.

Amazon had bundled books 1-4 of the series and I was off and running! An enjoyable read, engaging characters who are not one-dimensional, and a family of many families...great!
on December 1, 2012
I read one or two of Robyn Carr's books in this series and I was hooked. I only wish there really was a town like Virgin River. The book exemplifies the old values of community and friendship of all the neighbors. I love the story of how Paul finally gets up his courage to tell Vanni that he has always loved her. How he will raise his best's friend's son as his own. Each book is a different adventure of how each one finds their happiness in life. A definite good read!
on August 27, 2017
A great story-full of surprises and love and action. The people of the town helped one another and it seemed like a great place to live.
on July 20, 2014
As with the previous novels of the VIRGIN RIVER novels I am reading. It is about a small town and the close knit inhabitants that live there. The ups and downs of their lives and how they bond together in times of hardships and of the love and happiness they all experience. Each book I have read brings in another couple that fall in love. It is not the gooey romance, they have an interesting story. These books are an easy read and make you want to continue reading the next book which I will start on now.