- Series: Critical Perspectives on Asian Pacific Americans (Book 9)
- Paperback: 280 pages
- Publisher: Altamira Press (June 11, 2002)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0759101760
- ISBN-13: 978-0759101760
- Product Dimensions: 6.1 x 0.6 x 9.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,645,836 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Second Generation: Ethnic Identity among Asian Americans (Critical Perspectives on Asian Pacific Americans)
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
This is an essential volume on the bookshelf of anyone interested in contemporary immigration. The Asian-American scholars assembled in The Second Generation speak to the subtle interplay between the racial categorizations of the larger society and the identity choices of minority individuals, which will ultimately determine how today’s Asian immigrant groups fit into the U.S. (Richard Alba)
About the Author
Pyong Gap Min teaches in the Department of Sociology, Queens College, New York.