|Manufacturer||Second Skin Audio|
|Item Weight||9 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||24 x 0.25 x 54 inches|
|Item model number||4LLP|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Manufacturer Part Number||LLP|
Second Skin Luxury Liner Pro – Mass Loaded Vinyl Soundproofing for Cars, MLV Sound Barrier with Closed Cell Foam (4 Sheets)
|Price:||& FREE Shipping|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- MLV SOUND BARRIER: Luxury Liner Pro is a 3/8 inch thick, mass loaded vinyl noise barrier designed to stop road, exhaust, and engine noise. This dense MLV acoustic barrier is 1.25 lb per sq foot and used in cars, trucks, Jeeps, and SUVs.
- MASS LOADED VINYL & CLOSED CELL FOAM: By fusing a raw virgin mass loaded vinyl (MLV) noise blocking product with a decoupling layer of high density closed cell foam, this automotive insulation sheet will block sound about as well as a wall in your house.
- DURABLE THERMAL INSULATION: Luxury Liner Pro is odorless, flexible, and heat resistant up to 180 F. Its high R-value (4.45 per inch) makes it an excellent heat insulation mat. Combine MLV with a sound deadener (like Damplifier Pro) to 2x results and get the best combination of heat and sound insulation money can buy.
- PROTECT YOUR VEHICLE: The goal is a 100% unbroken barrier covering the car’s firewall (cabin side), floor, and trunk. Each sheet is 9 Sq Ft (2 ft by 4.5 ft) so several may be needed for 100% coverage – measure your car. Apply a strong adhesive to the top of the sound deadening product and the foam side of the Luxury Liner Pro. Do not hang this product roof or hood.
- PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA and endorsed by Chad Utt of WEST COAST CUSTOMS
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare with similar items
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Luxury Liner Pro meets all automotive safety standards, designed to be self extinguishing, and has a Class A fire rating. This is a foam product and is not intended for use in the engine bay of any vehicle. It is intended to be used in the interior/trunk area of vehicles only!!! Do not use this product near heat sources. Second Skin offers a 100% quality guarantee. We are confident that our products will work exactly as advertised when installed correctly. The liability of Second Skin is limited only to replacement of defective material.
Second Skin Audio has specialized in premium sound and thermal insulation products for vehicles for almost 20 years. Luxury Liner Pro is a durable, high quality noise blocker and thermal insulator, making it perfect for almost any vehicle. While this product is excellent for airborne noise, it will not deaden the structural borne rattles made by the car’s metal. We recommend combining it with a quality sound deadener (like our Damplifier Pro) to truly turn your car into a luxury vehicle.
APPLICATION ADVICE: While you are going to need to make some cuts in Luxury Liner Pro, we recommend creating as few gaps for noise to travel through as possible. Use the product’s flexibility to work it around the contours of your vehicle – a little limpness is good. A limp barrier stops sound better than a rigid one. We also recommend taping the seams between the sheets to prevent them from opening up and letting sound and heat through. Make sure you have 3/8” of clearance anywhere you install Luxury Liner Pro.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
If you look around, you’ll find that you can buy just the vinyl for much cheaper per sq ft. If you’re willing do the extra work of adding your own foam, that’s the way to go. It’ll save you a couple hundred bucks per build. I stopped doing that years ago because I decided my time was worth more.
I guess I said it twice, but if you think your time is valuable and you want the best results… this is it.
I used my android phone with a db analyzer. I stationed my phone on my center console, a/c and radio off, and started driving 75mph. I did before and after. I also used second skin sound deadening material inside the doors and used gaskets around the doors to minimize air noise.
Older model cars, like my 99 civic, weren't designed with the technology we have today. Doing my due diligence with sound deadening material really helped.
It's probably an effective soundproofing product and seems to be made well but, because of the weight of the product, a better adhesive will need to be used for vertical surfaces, and I have no idea of what that might be.