Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $4.99 shipping
The Secret Life of Pets - Best Friend Max
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Just like a real dog, Max has two ways to play: on leash and off leash.
- Best Friend Max has tons of personality and really walks on leash!
- When Max is off leash, pet his back to make his tail wag — and he even talks!
- Best Friend Max is for ages 4+ and requires 3 AA batteries (included).
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
What’s In The Box and Battery Requirements:
- 1 Best Friend Max.
- 1 Leash.
- 1 Instruction Guide.
- 3 AA Batteries (included).
The Secret Life of Pets – Best Friend Max
Your Best Friend Max!
Ever wonder what your pets do when you’re not home? The Secret Life of Pets explores the lives our pets lead when we’re not home. Bring home your favorite loveable pet from the movie, and make this walking, talking Max a part of your family!
The Secret Life of Pets – Best Friend Max
Go for a Walk!
Max loves to go for walks! Grab his leash and let’s go! Clip the leash to Max’s collar and he really walks with you. Take him for a walk around the house or neighborhood — it’s a great time to bond with your Best Friend Max.
Play Off Leash!
When you’re back from your walk, it’s time for you and Max to play! Unclip the leash to activate play mode. Pet Max just like a real dog, and he’ll wag his tail. Plus when he’s on or off leash, he says 15 of his signature phrases and sounds from the movie.
Just Like a Real Dog!
Made from soft and cuddly plush, this Max plush is perfect for snuggling. Take him for a walk, play with him off leash, and curl up to spend some quality time together. Max is just like a real dog, but he really talks! Bring home your new best friend — The Secret Life of Pets Best Friend Max Plush!
Adopt a new furry friend when you bring home The Secret Life of Pets Best Friend Max. This walking, talking pet really walks on leash — just like a real dog! But Max is no normal pup; he talks and recites over 10 phrases from the movie. When it’s time to play, take Max off leash and pet his head to get his tail wagging. Recreate all your favorite movie moments, go on walks, and so much more with The Secret Life of Pets Best Friend Max!
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- It is cute to look at, is a good size and the "fur" is very soft.
- The sound is decent quality and loud enough without being too loud which is good.
- It works insomuch that when you push the button on the leash he says a phrase or barks, takes 3 steps then wags his tail (not so much his tail but his whole back half).
- He's supposed to say like 15 things but I listened to my son push the button for 30 minutes straight and all I ever heard were a bark and 4 other phrases. Either this is complete false advertising and there are no other phrases or this thing is so poorly programmed that you never get to hear them.
- The leash is REALLY short. My son is 4 and he still has to stand RIGHT behind the dog to "walk" him. The pictures of kids walking this toy are really misleading. Seriously, the leash it ridiculously short.
- It's additionally ridiculous to think you can actually "walk" this dog as he only ever takes 3 steps and then stops and wags his butt, even if you hold down the button. At that rate it would take you literally 20 minutes to cross a room and I don't know a single child (let alone my impatient autistic boy) who has the patience for that.
- The leash does come off and you can "pet" his back to get him to bark and say things and wag his butt, but it's more like finding the button on his back and pushing it rather than petting him like you'd pet a real dog.
- Putting the leash back in is really hard for the younger kids as there are 3 tiny prongs inside the cable that have to lined up just right to get it back in. This is completely dumb. My son got frustrated when he couldn't do it by himself and I got frustrated that he couldn't play with his birthday present without help from me.
In summary, while this is cute and looks like it will be a lot of fun when you're admiring it in the box, it is one of those toys that just doesn't pan out. I certainly do not think it's worth the money you pay for it. I hate leaving bad reviews but people should know what they're really getting before they spend $40. There are other similar toys (walking dogs on leashes) out there that are way better in terms of functionality (I'm going to have to ask my sister in law where she got the one for my niece). If your kid HAS to have Max because of the movie then maybe they'll like it, but my son hasn't even seen the movie and just liked the concept of the toy and for that this really falls flat. You're definitely paying a "movie tax" for this toy. My recommendation is look elsewhere.
I did NOT receive this product for free or at a discount. Hope this helps!