- Paperback: 176 pages
- Publisher: Chronicle Books (September 3, 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0811864588
- ISBN-13: 978-0811864589
- Product Dimensions: 6.8 x 0.6 x 8.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,259,525 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Secret Life of Syrian Lingerie: Intimacy and Design Paperback – September 3, 2008
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
About the Author
London-based journalist Malu Halasa is the author of several books on art and culture.
Rana Salam is an acclaimed graphic designer. She has lectured and exhibited internationally. She lives in London.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
1. Most of the book isn't written by the author, but excerpts, articles and editorials from other sources (and not particularly interesting to a non Muslim).
2. There are a number of photographs, which mostly appear dated. Copyright is 2008 but the pictures appear noticeably older than that time frame.
3. Notice the background color on the cover? many of the pages are the same color...the printed pages have mid pink printing. In other words, low contrast and can be difficult to read. Some of the lingerie is photographed against the same color background, which may have increased the drab and uninteresting factor.
4. The pictures with actual models also appear quite dated....and the majority of the models could easily pass for European/Caucasian.
I was hoping for some inspiration...and although creative (even enthusiastic) the lingerie depicted is neither artistic, interesting, noteworthy or inspiring.