- File Size: 1454 KB
- Print Length: 44 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Evernight Publishing (November 27, 2015)
- Publication Date: November 27, 2015
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0184EPAB2
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #898,381 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
The Secret of Obedience (Romance on the Go) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
I loved this story and I'm not sure how to describe it. Jock/Twink? New Adult? New Beginnings? None of the catch-phrases seem quite adequate.
Hot. Sweet. Bright. Hopeful. Those are maybe a little closer.
Yes, there really is a secret, and I won't divulge it. You can read the blurb if you want the premise, but the blurb won’t tell you the best thing about this book. For me, the strengths of this story were Sang and Sugar Cookie. Sang with his delicate exterior and tough attitude. Ronnie, the jock, who's arrogant about his athletic prowess but adorably nervous about life in the big city. Both men felt incredibly real to me. I fell a little in love with them during their first meeting on the street and I was rooting for them all the way.
Definitely a recommended read for me.
The language in this novella is wonderful. Liv has totally nailed her descriptions with witty images and clever details that are just spot on. And the banter between all the characters is saucy and honest and very real. The naughty scenes are hot and written at just the right level, and there’s no mistaking the depth and growth of feeling Ronnie and Sang have for each other across only 40 pages. Normally I find this length too short for strong character/emotional development, but not here.
There’s also a couple of well-drawn supporting characters, and a nod to the Washington state Referendum 74 to approve or reject the February 2012 bill to legalize same-sex marriage.
Overall the novella is a really neat little package with depth and diversity and satisfying levels of emotional intensity. The “secret” aspect of the title isn’t all that difficult to pick, but this is not a mystery story, so who cares. It’s about love and acceptance and fighting for what you want — and quirky fashion.
I love this one rather a lot. Highly recommended for m/m (in fact all romance) fans!
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Gay & Lesbian > Literature & Fiction > Fiction > Gay
- Books > Romance > Contemporary
- Books > Romance > Gay Romance
- Books > Romance > Multicultural
- Books > Romance > New Adult & College
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > LGBT > Gay Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > LGBT > Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > LGBT > Gay Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Multicultural & Interracial
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > New Adult & College