Amazon Business Books with Buzz STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 STEM March Birthstone Book House Cleaning _ros _ros _ros  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Paul McCartney Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 11 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 45 reviews
on March 23, 2017
I simply adore this album beginning to end. I originally listened to it years ago but found it hard to obtain. Having gotten it, it's been on my regular cd rotation ever since.
on January 27, 2012
Therion are one of my favorite bands and I like all of their albums from when they were death metal. Secrets of the Runes is more symphonic, opera, classical, progressive metal and some death metal influences. Therion are different than most metal bands, they're original and I can't name a band that sounds like them. Secrets of the Runes is a masterpiece and one of the best albums of all time.
on November 22, 2014
BROUGHT THIS FOR THEIR FANTASTIC VERSION OF ABBA SUMMER NIGHT CITY, THEY ROCK THE SH@T OUT OF IT, I STILL LOVE THE ORIGINAL BEST, OF CAUSE, YOU CANT BEAT ABBA AT POP, BUT THIS A CLOSE SECOND AND ONE OF THE BEST ABBA COVERS EVER, I ACTUALLY LIKE THIS WHOLE ALBUM A LOT, OPERA MEETS METAL AND GREAT VOCALS, VERY TWISTED, USUALLY I PREFER ROCK NOT AS HARD BUT IN THEIR CASE AS SUZI QUATRO SANG, "ROCK HARD"
on July 15, 2003
Simply put, this is an incredible album. This was my introduction to Therion, and when I first heard it I played it for hours on end at home, in the car, and at work. This is the perfect blend of metal and operatic vocals, and is definitely one of the key albums in my metal library. If you don't have it, or you haven't heard Therion, get it!! You will not be disappointed.
on May 29, 2014
At first I didn't think it was hard enough for my taste but on the second go around a few weeks later, I was hooked and hooked hard. Now I can't get enough of this band. Glad I started out with this one, so far (5 albums later) it's the best. Awesome singing, drumming, heavy guitar riffs.
on May 16, 2010
When you listen to this album from beginning to end, you feel like you took a journey through the kingdoms from Norse mythology. I must say, that so far, is the album I live the most from Therion, I can listen to it several times without getting bored with it. My track review would be:

GINNUNGAGAP: Just the perfect opening for a music album! It got some really powerful riffs that gets you in context with the album. 10/10

MIDGARD: I love how male and female voices collapse in a harmonic, but powerful, manner in this song. It was the first song I loved from the album. And another thing that makes me love it, is that it talks about the world of men, our world. 10/10

ASGARD: This song is really catchy, is one of those that keeps playing in your mind for days. It gets you completely in some nordic mood. If you loved Theli songs, be prepare to love this one too! 9/10

JOTUNHEIM: I can almost feel the giants coming! Female singing is one of the best that Therion has gave us. 9/10

SCHWARZALBENHEIM: What can I say? Maybe the best song in the album. It begins with some classical intro, then it just hits your soul with a powerful guitar and exceptional choirs. Although, it took me some time to like it, I consider it now the song I love most in the album. 10/10

LJUSALFHEIM: I remember that I spent a whole day at work listening just to this song. Acoustic elements are present on the whole album, but this song is almost completely acoustic. You'll never forget this song once you listen to it. 10/10

MUSPELHEIM: It begins with Gregorian style singing, and then explodes in hard guitar riffs, female singing becomes faster as some violin elements are added to give some nice taste to this song. Don't like it too much though, but it mix perfectly with the album theme. 7/10

NIFELHEIM: In this song, Therion give us the best vocals in the album. Choirs are outstanding! By this song, you are already feeling like you are traveling at everyplace shown here. 9/10

VANAHEIM: I must say, that musically speaking, this is the best song in the album. You'll enjoy it the most! Guitar riffs are great! And the best solo in the whole album! This one its going to make you tear! 10/10

HELHEIM: As almost reaching the album ending, this songs leaves you that need to hearing the whole album again. I love the vocals in this song. It is focused on a solo male singing. 10/10

SECRET OF THE RUNES: It's a great ending for the album, but I still don't like it too much. What I can surely say about this song is that leaves a good mood to start hearing the album again, I could do this for days without getting bored. 8/10

This is a great album! One of the best I got. Every song fits perfectly with the album theme. Is like you're reading a story about Nordic kingdoms. You buy it, you listen to it while reading the lyrics and watching the album art. I promise you'll love it! Best of Therion so far.

PD: Hope this review helps you.
on February 25, 2014
Super album, the music quality is very good, the art of the album is very good too. I recommend this album.
on July 25, 2013
I like the album above just a little better, but this is also really good a little different, but good.
on October 14, 2016
Awful chatoic music. HATE IT.
on August 20, 2016