BCA Month Salon Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 16, 2011
In her debut novel, "A Secret in Salem," Sheri Anderson roars back to life with her incredible story telling and love for romance. Any fan of the long running soap opera, "Days of Our Lives," will enjoy this quick paced and exciting story. If you're a new fan of the show, this is a great place to begin your journey into the lives of many of Salem's finest residents.

Longtime fans of the show will be thrilled to see many of their favorites brought back to life in this new dramatic and exciting adventure. The opening of the book brings us to the lavish lands of the rich and famous in Monte Carlo, where we are met by Shawn Brady and Isabella Black, who have been sailing around the world with their young daughter, Claire. Elsewhere, John Black and Marlena Evans make an appearance in their new home in Switzerland. The struggle continues for John and Marlena as John works to regain the use of his legs after having been paralyzed for more than two years. Also on hand are Jack and Jennifer Deveraux, who are running "The Spectator," an online publication, with their young and up and coming journalist daughter, Abby and her best friend, Chelsea Brady.

Anderson introduces us to several key characters throughout the novel. The Gaines family is made up of the influential business mogul, Richard and fashion diva, Olivia, and their children Charlotte (aka, Charley), Jackson, and Chase. As the readers get to know these new characters, there is a great deal of mystery and suspense surrounding them. Through the personal turmoil and tragedy of the Gaines family, there is one incredible secret to be told that will change all of their lives forever.

Sheri is off to a great start in her "Salem's Secrets, Scandals, and Lies" series. I look forward to seeing where she takes everyone next.
on September 8, 2012
Being a fan of Days Of Our Lives there was no way I could pass up this book when it was offered for free. Especially since the book was about John and Marlena who were two of my grandma's favorite characters on the show. Which was how I was introduced to Days Of Our Lives. Although I didn't know it at the time of purchase, Sherri Anderson is considered to be one of the most favorite headwriters in the show's history. I think she did a fairly good job of combining new characters with some of the characters that were familiar from my years of watching the soap opera. It introduces a family whose father is accused of having pulled a kind of Bernie Madoff type of scam. In the meantime familiar faces from Days and their story pops in and out of the action as well. John and Marlena are still recovering from their physical and emotional scars from when he was injected with something that made him paralyzed. Their romance has suffered ever since as they have a hard time dealing with their new reality. Meanwhile you find out a little bit of what's been going on with Belle and Shawn and their daughter Claire since they left Salem. Jack and Jennifer also make an appearance or two in the book as well. Fans of the show and even non fans should find themselves entertained by the story.
on January 13, 2014
I have been watching Days of our lives since I was a little girl and so when I found this little gem I was sceptical but I was quickly mesmerized and couldn't put it down. Though I wish they had worked this story line into the actual story I am still looking forward to the next book
on January 30, 2011
I enjoyed this book. I thought it was clever to continue where the soap opera left off with two of the most appreciated characters on the show...Marlena Evans Black and John Black. It was fast-paced with a love story, of course, and also a mystery. I'm looking forward to reading the next two novels (as yet to be released.) I have pre-ordered them.
on July 20, 2016
Drowned on in the beginning
on November 10, 2016
Good read.
on January 16, 2011
I have been a Days of Our Lives fan for over 25 years. This book was an exciting take off from where the storyline ended for the Days cast members. Once I started reading the book I could not put it down. I have passed it on to my daughter who is also a fan. I am patiently waiting for the next 2 novels in the series.
on September 16, 2011
I haven't read this book yet but do love the writings of Sheri Anderson and watch Days every day, sometimes twice a day. I am currently reading Stirring from Salem and love it. Am sure I will love this one too. I know she has written another similar book which I am going to order as soon as possible.
on April 6, 2011
I really enjoyed reading this book and going
back in time with some of the characters and
then also meeting the newer ones who were introduced into the storyline. I further
enjoyed that the story was set in Monaco because we have vacationed there; it all came to life for me.
on December 18, 2012
Since I have watched Days since its inception, I really liked this book. The characters were portrayed as they are on the show and there were other characters to complete the twist and mystery. Nicely done.