Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 487 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 555 reviews
on December 24, 2011
given the majority of reviews were 1 star and repeated said it was a junk costume and not the same as pictured, I still went ahead and bought this...why....because who doesn't want to see their girl dressed as slave leia?
I have posted pictures to actually show WHY this costume is nothing like the one pictured. There were a lot of people talking about how it was all bent up out of the package...which it is...but I figured a few minutes with a heat gun will make the pieces soft enough to mold back into place, then glue down.....however...they are are tack sewn into places so some will be hard to even to accomplish this. Everything from ALL the cloth material on the top and bottom, as well as places its sewn, and sizes of things, are different on the actual costume than whats pictured...it just amazes me how a company can get away with something being so different than advertised.
The picture posted by user Michael Colon of the girl on the beach wearing this....the costume is correct but has been VERY altered as the briefs are obviously cut off the skirt, along with the waist band and probably is attached on the girl a totally different way, as well as the top has been trimmed around the edges and the bottom strap is a lot thinner. My pictures show how its received right out of the package with comparisons to actual pictures I took from the package it came in. I also ordered this directly from Amazon and not a third party seller to insure I didn't get a knock off of the one shown.
So I give this a 2 star rating, as I don't hate iy...mostly because there aren't other Leia costumes to choose from that aren't custom made and hundreds of dollars, but it will take almost an entire overhaul to hopefully get it to look reasonably like the package shows.
review image review image review image
22 comments| 275 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 3, 2015
Fit great, the accessories were very bent up from the packaging but overall it was great!
on October 18, 2015
It fit as expected. I felt super sexy wearing it. Nothing really wrong with it. It was awesome and cant wait to wear this all the time to cosplay or just walk around the house because im that weird
on October 30, 2014
Hot costume. Just wish the plastic parts of it weren't so bent out of shape. Overall I'm in love!
on February 17, 2016
Like many of the reviews here, I agree that the costume is horrid and they should commission a better model. Obviously there's a demand! It's cheap, smelly rubber and the fabric is thin/easy to rip. As long as that's what you're expecting, there are no surprises. It's the only one sold so not much choice otherwise unless you DIY or hire a cosplay costumer $$$$. The headpieces have combs on the inside which broke in my thick hair. The chain for the choker is not very long at all which seems pointless. The arm "jewelry" is misshapen and does not stay on. Expected all of this from the reviews so again, no surprises and enjoyed using it as a base for a better built costume. Disappointed that the skirt is not longer for us taller people (5'8").
on October 13, 2014
This is a crap costume, but it is recognizable as Princess Leia. You will have to do work to make it fit. I am 5'4" and weigh 115, and my body type is very Shakira (large hips and small breasts, 36B). I ordered the medium, and the bra cups were too large. I also couldn't get the skirt over my hips until I removed the side rubber adornments that were preventing the elastic from stretching. On top of that, one side of the skirt was showing a sexy amount of leg and the other side was showing my whole thigh.

I would gladly pay up to 40 extra dollars to have a better costume, but it did work with some alterations. Your only other option is spending over $100 on Etsy for a custom costume. If you can afford that, you should do it, but otherwise this will work.

You will also want a week to let the toxic rubber smell air out.
on May 9, 2014
Ok so what you get will look nothing like the picture.
Luckily I read the reviews, and I bought this with the intent of modifying this ALOT, so I used this as a starting point. It worked beautifully for me in that aspect but if you want to wear what you get out of the bag you will hate it.

The bra has a velcro back. You'll want to safety pin it. The green background part of the bra overflows around the gold cagey bit so you'll need to trim that too. The briefs go down alot farther than they do in the picture - I cut them out completely. The skirt also is much wider, and you'll have to trim the skirt to make it narrower in order to have it be accurate to the movie/the picture. The plasticy crotch place/bra pieces/etc are mishapen out of the bag and you'll have to try to sew it down/flatten it out or something. I never got mine to be PERFECT but it looked fine. Also the color isn't really gold it was kind of an ugly greeny gold gross color. I ended up ripping it off spray painting it gold, sealing it with clear nail polish, and then sewing it back on. The arm band is a joke and doesn't stay up or anything. The collar is uncomfortable and the chain is super short. Also the halter strap was green cloth not chain.

So if you're willing to spend some time and money to modify this you can have a bangin costume. I started a couple months before halloween so I had time to get everything together and spread out the money. It all together probably cost me 100 bucks or so. First I pulled all of the "gold" plasticy bits off, and spray painted them real gold. I tossed the collar and went and bought a dog collar and spray painted that gold too. I bought some gold chain from home depot and attached that to the collar instead. I sewed the greenish bra bit to a strapless bra and then sewed the gold bits over that, and then trimmed the excess. I took the green halter strap off and attached a thinner gold chain instead.

For the skirt I cut out the boyshorts and made the skirt strips thinner. I reattached the gold bits after spray painting them and added some thin gold chains draping around the back of the skirt since their isn't any plate back there and its kind of plain. So I definitely put a decent amount of time and some extra money into this but I found it worth it. You can definitely do a less intensive overhaul and have a decent costume. If you're hoping to wear this straight out of the bag though don't buy this.
on May 14, 2017
As other reviewers mentioned, this is a bit small for the sizes indicated (I am usually a Small, but purchased a Medium, and it was still way too small) and the quality was really sad. I bought it anyway, hoping that the one or two reviewers with a good experience were more accurate than the rest, but it was a waste of time.
on September 29, 2016
First - I bought this of my own will and was not offered anything for a review

Gonna keep it short and sweet

This is a Halloween costume and comes packaged just like the ones in Walmart.

I got a large, but should've got an XL

Me:
5 5 tall
175 ponds
38c chest
41 inch hips

The top is way too small despite what the previous reviews said. I normally buy xl but thought I'd go down a size since everyone said it ran big. It did not in my case. The gold is made of rubber and yes it's cheap so it bends and a hard to mold back. The bottom is off centered which drives my OCD crazy but it's fixable. Other than that it's not bad for a costume. I have a big booty and the large bottoms were hard to get on but they did cover my mommy fanny quite well
on August 26, 2015
Per review on other sites of this exact costume, it's poorly made, but that's what I was expecting to receive. Its trademarked by Star Wars so you'd think they would do a better job of providing a quality product. The gold detail on the top and skirt is poorly molded resin plastic which is sewn onto the bra top in an unwearable way. The bra top is constructed of poorly cut cheap gray fabric and foam, no seaming was done - literally looks like it was cut out using scissors.The top has a Velcro closure, too. So you pretty much have to deconstruct, removing all the plastic details of the costume, and put it back together if you want it to resemble even close to the picture and accept that the snake armband (also made of molded plastic resin) is a lost cause. The choker chain is not the same as pictured. It's shiny gold metal with really small links. Its an okay costume for the price. Pick your poison. Crappy cheap costume that needs some work but gets the job done or buy the real deal replica for a lot of $$$.

As far as the distributor goes...product arrived on time and as expected. I had done research on the product previously and chose the costume vendor with the cheapest price knowing what I was going to get wasn't going to be worth much.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.