Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 520 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,220 reviews
on September 24, 2013
I really enjoyed the message behind this book, treating your baby with respect and empathy. I really appreciated the approach to forming a schedule for your baby and even as a mother of four I found some use in he approach to understanding and communicating with your baby. The only thing that didn't really work for me was her approach to sleep training. I don't mind the pick up/put down method in theory but putting it into practice was very physically demanding. My 6 month old weighs in at around 19lbs and I found out quickly that I didn't have the back strength to lift him, put him down, lift him again etc. more than a hundred times in two hours. We weren't getting anywhere with it so I decided to modify her approach and Ferber's approach to find a solution that would work for us. I'm not saying that Tracy Hogg's method won't work just that it didn't work for us. I encourage everyone to pay attention to the cues from their babies to find an approach that will work for them.
on February 5, 2017
Totally loving this book! I am a Nanny and find this is packed with useful advice. I recommend it highly for parents and caregivers who wish to raise...or help shape...young children in a loving way.
on August 7, 2017
This book has been my best purchase in this subject so far... Tracy explains things in a very clear and caring way, helping first time moms like myself to better understand this emotional rollercoaster we've gotten ourselves into! Babies don't come with instructions, but this book comes close enough... it's very reassuring and calming to read about other people's experiences and how to handle different aspects of raising a newborn.
on November 17, 2015
It was ok. I did learn a few helpful tricks, but I think the most important thing is to learn your baby. Not every baby is going to fit a book & you will have much less of a struggle if you invest your time in trusting your own gut and intuition when it comes to your child, rather than what everyone else is telling you to do.
on April 10, 2003
I highly recommend this book for all new parents (especially if you have twins!) If you don't buy any other parenting book, get this one!! I have twins, and this book was such a big help in deciphering what they needed! A friend of mine also had twins and said she wished she had read this book before her first child. So, even if you already have a child, this book is for you! Unfortunately, I didn't read the book until they were 1 month old (when I was on my own all day long with no help!), but it helped so much! They were on a schedule early on and slept through the night at 6 weeks! This is so important when you have twins!
I recommend reading the book before your child is born so you can start right away communicating with your baby. The book puts all babies in different categories according to temperament, which really helps figure them out. My girls are now almost two, and they are the happiest kids! Everyone comments on how independent they are and how happy they are all the time. I'm not going to give this book all the credit (I think their parents have a lot to do with that), but it did help to get them off to the right start.
One note: I DO NOT agree with her philosophy about twins because she thinks they should be on different schedules so as to have time with each. If you do this, you never get ANY time to yourself. I nursed my twins, and I did so simultaneously (like most twin moms), so they were on the same schedule and still are!! My girls are still very independent and have their own personalities.
This is a great book if you want to communicate with your baby, treat your baby as a unique human being, and keep your sanity!! The best thing for me was all the advice on schedules, how to calm your baby, how to give a bath (sounds silly, but her way works), and getting baby to sleep (eventually without a pacifier -- we got rid of ours at 6 months).
As with all books, take what you want and leave what you don't. Not everything is perfect for every parent or child.
on September 24, 2016
This was a great start and I highly recommend it, but the Solves All Your Problems version/edition really addressed our issues in a more nitty gritty manner.
on October 25, 2014
I stupidly read this book while embarking on what turned out to be a growth spurt week. Instead of Tracy's EASY (eat, activity, sleep, you) plan, we were doing EEEEEEEEE. But you know what? That's what my kiddo needed at the time! I guess all the advice these baby experts peddle works for some people and not others, so I won't try to evaluate it. My big problem with this book is that Tracy doesn't stop at making recommendations, she really goes the extra mile to make you feel like crap for doing things any other way. While I was reading I felt like I was one on-demand feeding away from creating an entitled, needy monster of my sweet baby boy. Going through some of the negative reviews here helped me to get over it, as did seeing that slowly but surely things get calmer and easier with a newborn whether or not you follow a rigid schedule.
on October 26, 2016
This book was single handily one of the most helpful, important books I read during my first pregnancy. It was as "black and white" as a totally gray situation can be, and it gave me some clear cut answers. For example, I loved there was a chart that has many basic "complaints" or situations a newborn might have or do. I could "look up" that when baby's kick their legs and cry its probably because they have gas. The EASY system is also a great guideline as well when your trying to find your way as a new parent. I have already bought 3 for gifts!
on July 29, 2015
This was a fun encouraging read. I purchased this before I had my first baby (have 2 now). What I remember most from it was her E.A.S.Y technique. Was this the most helpful baby book on sleep? No. Was it a great read in addition to other books? Absolutely. She's a really fun Brittish Nanny sharing her experiences. (getting baby sleep tips was my primary reason for reading it because I NEED lots of sleep). I also read Baby Wise (helpful and informative but not exactly my parenting style) and Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child (the best sleep book FOR SURE!).
on November 29, 2014
This book has helped tremendously with creating structure for our little one and our family. My only comment is to be realistic with your expectations. I read this and expected that my baby would be a perfect sleeper as long as I followed the book....Not so much. Not every baby is a textbook baby. By 6 weeks, she was falling asleep on her own in her own crib in her own room, with no crying (most of the time). I attribute this success to the book (which we used together with BabyWise). However, at 5 months she still wasnt sleeping through the night. I ended letting her cry for a couple nights and since then she sleeps great. I would highly suggest this book for any parents.