Industrial Deals HPC Trade in your textbooks Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Secrets of Chatsworth
Format: DVD|Change

on August 2, 2013
While this was somewhat interesting it definitely was not what I expected or was looking for. It's mainly a history of the Cavendish family with an occasional look at the house. They talk about notorious members of the family and ignore the rooms and the art and the sculpture. I kept waiting for them to actually say so and so painted this or this happened here and this is why this was done. They did better on the gardens but even there spent a lot of time on a building that is no longer there. Quite a disappointment. Wish I'd seen it on PBS so I'd've known not to waste my money on it. Guess I should have bought the 25 year old tour instead! I think the same Duke (then Marquess of Hartingdon) did the tour guiding.
on August 3, 2015
Good documentary. I just came back from England and visiting Chatsworth. It was beautiful! I learned quite a bit more by watching this and even saw some of the rooms I actually went through which was exciting.
on October 13, 2013
It's in DVD format and rather poor resolution for todays high definintion TVs, but still a compelling story. If it was remastered in Blu Ray, I'd buy another copy. Good gift for those with limited TV choices.
on September 15, 2017
I visited this building recently and was glad to have a dvd to learn more information.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 9, 2013
I watched this several times and bought it because I kept catching on parts of it on PBS. Gorgeous building and grounds! Very happy they're not my responsibility
on July 25, 2014
This is just one of the "Secrets of the manor house" & I loved it and bought all.
on December 28, 2013
Having watched an English documentary on English Castles "Chatsworth" is one that I want to see on my next trip to England.
on August 25, 2014
Loved all the Secrets of series and this is no exception. Wonderful!
on January 16, 2016
So interesting!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 28, 2014
This is a well done history of Chatsworth. Great photography and commentary. Only thing better would be to actually visit the site.