Lyft Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

on April 24, 2016
This book is like eating fish- find the meat and pick out the bones...

FISH: some good practical ideas about appearance, honesty, integrity and hard work in sales. Good ideas for asking questions and figuring out what the customer really is looking for.

BONES: some techniques are manipulative, guised as doing what is best for your potential customer. It's also very dated with cheesy illustrations. A salesman pitching me who follows all the ideas presented here would not get my sale or a call back.

A good book to add to your list of quick reads, but not my favorite. Buy an audiobook and listen to it when you're bored, or better yet buy it used and save some money.
on April 24, 2016
Zig is amazing, charismatic, and hilarious. The honest salesman he is. Check him.
For those who skip the description:

All of us are involved in selling every day. Whenever we present a product or a principle, inform a client, or instruct a child, we are engaging in the art of effective persuasion. Allow America's master of the art of selling explain proven, practical sales techniques all of us can use every day. He provides vital strategies for specific closes, hundred of sales questions, and dozens of persuasion procedures to help everyone sell their ideas, or themselves. No matter what your age, gender, occupation, or lifestyle, these proven techniques from America's selling sensation can work for you.
on August 4, 2016
Zig Ziglar hit a home run with this book on selling. He gives so much information on the art of sales from his trial and error. I mean, who wouldn't want to invest in this book to save time from making the same mistakes that Zig made? I highly recommend this book and I will be reading it over and over again.

By the way, I just have to say that Amazon is so fantastic. There was a discrepancy with the shipping address for this and 2 other books that I was to receive. Amazon re-shipped the books to me, at no additional cost, and they arrived the next day because of overnight shipping. They were so considerate and took care of me. I am a VERY satisfied customer!
on May 14, 2015
My role is technically not as a salesperson. I do research. But at the end of the day I still have to communicate the value of that research and persuade organizations to fund the activity.

I have had numerous occasions when I knew that an organization would benefit from a research activity - it directly addressed a problem they were facing, but I struggled with handling various objections.

Now I have several ideas and closes that will help me handle objections in a constructive way. Even non-profits need "sales" to be successful!

The only negative: some of the material is dated. However, the closing techniques have apparently stood the test of time.
on November 9, 2015
This book is perfect for everyone. It is funny, entertaining, motivating, and enjoyable.

This book is ideal for people at all stages of their careers.

I bought this before starting my 1st job in sales in my early 20s..... Using what I learned, I became both the top grossing and the most profitable sales person in the B2B Sales company.

My sales kept a Company of 48 people going for many years.

This book reminds us that "sales" is the oldest profession. Even teachers and parents need to learn the myriad of approaches to sell kids on the idea of learning!

I have owned my companies for many years, and I have bought this book in order to re-learn many of the lessons and techniques that I originally learned, internalized, and incorporated into an exceptional sales career.

Now although I have been blessed to be on the Board of Directors of a Media Company, I find myself needing to review these timeless gems.
on November 17, 2013
If you are into the sales profession, Zig Zigler is the ONLY teacher on how to serve your client AND get what you want. As Zig Zigler says, "You will get everything in life you want if you help enough other people get what they want." This CD is an invaluable tool to your selling arsenal. I have been a Zig Zigler student for (22) years now and his teachings are beyond words. He is a true motivator but moreover, he transforms the salesperson into a PROFESSIONAL SALESPERSON. Get the CD. You won't regret it.
on August 29, 2011
"Remember, when a person brings up a logical objection you answer it emotionally, and when he brings up an emotional objection you answer it logically" - That statement is what I most remember about this book. Ziglar's tips on overcoming objections and closing are very helpful; atleast, it helps you validate your ideas. "A calm, confident, positive, reassuring salesperson working from a base of honesty and integrity is the most effective tool to calm the fear of the prospect and get the sale." "Since your integrity is the most important factor in building customer loyalty and career stability, the practicality of a totally honest relationship becomes even more obvious." You see him repeatedly emphasize the importance of honesty and integrity, that coupled with his tone and style makes it a nice read.
VINE VOICEon May 2, 2011
If you're familiar with Ziglar's books, everything is about the close. The stories he tells, and this book has a lot, are just to understand the close. The homework he discusses, preparation work, is performed to result in a close.

I've come to understand Ziglar's sales technique as "closing." In my view, this book is not for those wanting to spend a lot of time doing sales work. It's for those that want to spend the least time selling, because Zig gets to the close using the most direct path. You close a sale without over-selling, without a lot of time and you're done.
on June 14, 2015
I love this book and I am not a reader. My motto, why read the book when you can watch the movie....
Great read for anyone in the sales business no matter the skill level. He gives you real life examples to compare your product/service to and his sense of humor really keeps it interesting. Not only would I recommend this one but all of his titles are great. Sell on!!!
on January 10, 2013
I had the great good fortune to know Zig Ziglar personally and to be able to call him "friend." Following his recent death, I found myself thinking back to all the wisdom I had learned from him over the years in his other books and the multiple times I heard him live. I knew that I hadn't extracted all the wisdom I could from his life, and, given that we are ALL "Selling" in one form of another, I decided to get this classic book he wrote several years ago.

It is quintessential Zig. Straightforward, kind, empathic, self-deprecating, and full of life lessons - not only for sales, but just generally living a better life. If one is "in sales" full time as a career, this book should be in your library (and you should have READ it. :) ) If you do not identify yourself particularly as "being in sales", it's still a useful book. Highly recommended.