Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 224 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 307 reviews
on October 21, 2016
This is a fantastic book. While it is especially valuable for beginners and first year sales reps, it has value for anybody in the profession. As an experienced sales professional myself, I will say that this won't teach a seasoned sales veteran any new information about HOW to sell, but it will help to realign your thoughts with WHY they buy. Huge difference there that we sometimes become jaded to after many years in the business. We get so focused on saying things we like to say, but disregard the things that the customer needs to hear. This book will also help the seasoned veteran to get back to the positive outlook and remember why they started selling to begin with. Sales is truly the best profession in the world, nothing will give you the satisfaction like a successful selling career. I wholeheartedly believe that ANYBODY in sales, regardless of skill level or experience would benefit from reading this book.
on December 21, 2013
Below are key excerpts from the book that I found particularly insightful:

1- "If, in your heart, you really feel the sales process is something you do t0 the prospect, then you are a manipulator. The dictionary defines manipulate: "To control the action of, by management; also, to manage artfully or fraudulently. Manipulation: Skillful or dexterous management, sometimes for purpose of fraud, state of being manipulated." I'll be the first to admit that manipulators make sales, but in my thirty-six years in the profession I have never known even one manipulator who was successful in the profession. If, in your heart, you feel the sales process is something you do for the prospect, then this book could represent a significant addition to your sales library. Your benefits will be considerable because you are truly interested in benefiting others."

2- "You've got to establish that trust and respect with your prospects if you expect to be a sales professional. This should be obvious. but for fear it's not, I'll spell it out. Again, you cannot be one kind of person and another kind of salesperson. You must be consistent in all areas of life if you are going to achieve maximum results in building your sales career. That's one of the major reasons we deal with the entire person rather than just the salesperson throughout this book. This is one of the "not-so-little" things that make the buying difference in the prospect's mind."

3- "People forget price but they'll never forget poor quality or a poor choice. They generally give the salesperson a generous portion of the blame. Some of that goes with the territory, but too much blame means you won't have the territory for long."

4- "High performers in the world of selling establish trust with customers by one-on-one, eye-to-eye communication skills. They maintain n trust by personally assuming responsibility for completing the sale, which means servicing the account on an ongoing basis and utilizing their company support people in the most effective manner. High performers demonstrated great integrity with their follow-through and belief that the sale is not complete until the product is installed and functioning satisfactorily."

5- "The critical step: in the world of selling is this step of honesty which is your total conviction, your complete belief that the product or service you sell is the best buy for the prospect."

6- "Sympathy means you feel like another person feels. Empathy means you understand how the other person feels, though you do not feel the same way...To be truly professional you must be able to comfortably move from the seller's side of the table to the buyer's side. If you know how your prospect thinks and feels, you're definitely going to sell more of what you're selling because you will communicate more effectively."

7- "One myth—that a salesperson should not get involved with customer concerns other than the purpose of the sales call—was exploded, as was the concept that price isn't important and that you should "promise them anything" to close a sale. Customers want and expect heir salespeople to be able to act as trustworthy resources who respond directly and provide them expertise, backed by effective recommendations. One significant characteristic of the high producer is his willingness to explain product drawbacks."

8- " H in the heart of your sales career is honesty, E is ego and empathy, A is your attitude toward you your prospects and profession, R is for physical, mental, and spiritual reserve, T is for tough—and the toughest thing is love"

9- "When the inner man speaks, the I not speak from the heart unless he truly believes in his product and/or service. This means that he must have paid the price by obtaining profound knowledge of his product or service. One must also believe this product/service is unquestionably what the customer/patient needs."

10- "Almost without exception, every product or service can be sold by painting word pictures, especially if the pictures are in the present tense. As I've previously stated, we think in pictures and we buy pictures if we are painted into the picture as satisfied customers."

11- "It's better to have the no today than tomorrow for the simple reason it clears your mind. You can now pursue new prospects and not count on that one for a future sale. Once you do, you fall into the trap of not prospecting for new prospects and the sale you miss today will cost you sales tomorrow."

12- "There is one specific point, however, when I throw in the towel and withdraw my efforts to close. That point is when the prospect makes it clear—after seeing the benefits—that he has no interest and cannot or will not buy. Until that point, however, I am going to make an honest effort to close the sale."

13- "I deal with and use questions in every segment of Secrets of Closing the Sale. There is no doubt in my mind that your career as a salesperson will move forward faster as a direct result of learning how to ask questions and how to use the proper voice inflection than from any other skills you might develop."

14- "To build a sales career, you need to acquire the knowledge made available through sales trainers, books, recordings, and seminars. With that knowledge you should weave in a poetic philosophy of life which says that "you can get everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want." To the knowledge and poetic philosophy, add the common sense of the old farmer which says, "Friend, I don't care what you do, know you've got to work and work hard at seeing new prospects and servicing old customers." You have a moral obligation to work so hard at building your sales career and becoming truly professional that as my friend John Nevin from Australia says, "If anyone ever sees you coming and says, 'Here comes a salesman,' you won't let him down.'"
on April 24, 2016
This book is like eating fish- find the meat and pick out the bones...

FISH: some good practical ideas about appearance, honesty, integrity and hard work in sales. Good ideas for asking questions and figuring out what the customer really is looking for.

BONES: some techniques are manipulative, guised as doing what is best for your potential customer. It's also very dated with cheesy illustrations. A salesman pitching me who follows all the ideas presented here would not get my sale or a call back.

A good book to add to your list of quick reads, but not my favorite. Buy an audiobook and listen to it when you're bored, or better yet buy it used and save some money.
on April 11, 2015
I strongly believe this book can make most people a better salesperson, especially the ones that, like me, was not born a salesperson. The book expects that you represent a company you believe in and that you assume the customer far better off with your products than without.
A long list of closing tactics are revealed, which gives the trainee a palette of options to choose from when we are out spreading the word, helping others to our goods and services. If only we could bring the book to meetings…
More important than the closing tips are the thoroughly discussed key principles of sales, which are also listed at the end. This gives the reader a throughout understanding of the trade - and for what to practice. From my understanding of the field, the most central here is to be enthusiastic about the products, ask questions, listen and be sincere towards the prospect.
The biggest obstacle to the book is its length and that it seems somewhat repeating at times. This repetition might be a useful learning exercise, but had the book been shorter I would rather have read it twice. There is also quite frequent references to religious topics which might be partially relevant but which in my opinion does not belong in the book. At the end, increased use of parenthesis are cluttering the text and the writing ends up a somewhat clumsy.
on April 7, 2016
Let me just say this guy is a really wonderful story teller and his writing is so enjoyable. I consider Zig and the red head dear friends. Because that's how Zig makes you feel, the whole way. This book is just jam packed with story after story, and that really makes all the lessons easy to remember for a long time. This man definitely had a gift, and this book is a gift. You get done reading one story and you look forward to the next story. And the cool thing is it's just his life! :)
on September 26, 2016
I ordered this book on 1 April 2016. Because of work (non-sales) and other obligations, I recently finished reading the book.

I bought the original book I wanted pure advice without revisions. The book is an amazing read. I look forward to my 2nd and 3rd reviews. Do not feel like you have to rush through this book. Although the advice is given through narrative, it is first and foremost a reference book. Place it on your bookshelf next to How to Get Rich: One of the World's Greatest Entrepreneurs Shares His Secrets.
on May 9, 2016
We are using this book as the basis for weekly training meetings for our staff. Solid advice in an easy to read and easy to understand format. Mr. Ziglar has captured the essence of professional salesmanship based on integrity and truthfulness. We assign a chapter a week then discuss the chapter in our weekly meetings. His approach to selling, his ideas and closing techniques are fundamentally sound and our people are understanding and absorbing the information and taking it into the field with them, The only nit I would pick with the book is that Mr. Ziglar's career was in the 1950's-1960's and a few of the ways he approaches clients' objections can be a little dated. Take those with a grain of salt and the rest of the book is excellent.
on November 9, 2015
This book is perfect for everyone. It is funny, entertaining, motivating, and enjoyable.

This book is ideal for people at all stages of their careers.

I bought this before starting my 1st job in sales in my early 20s..... Using what I learned, I became both the top grossing and the most profitable sales person in the B2B Sales company.

My sales kept a Company of 48 people going for many years.

This book reminds us that "sales" is the oldest profession. Even teachers and parents need to learn the myriad of approaches to sell kids on the idea of learning!

I have owned my companies for many years, and I have bought this book in order to re-learn many of the lessons and techniques that I originally learned, internalized, and incorporated into an exceptional sales career.

Now although I have been blessed to be on the Board of Directors of a Media Company, I find myself needing to review these timeless gems.
Any professional worth their salt realizes that they are in sales. Selling themselves if nothing else. And anyone who is in sales needs to read this book. Zig Ziglar was an amazing speaker and a very entertaining and informative writer. This book is no exception. Taking the reader through dozens of closes and hundreds of questions in his well known and folksy style, Ziglar entertains and informs the sales pro of the tips and techniques to be a success as a salesperson, and to be a good person as well.

Always emphasizing the honest sale and understanding the psychology of both the salesperson and the prospect, Ziglar portrays the sales pro as a consummate problem solver and the profession as one of ultimate integrity and honor.

Every professional, regardless of what you believe, is a sales professional. And every sales professional should read this book (and any other book or audio program by Ziglar) to master their chosen profession.
on August 4, 2016
Zig Ziglar hit a home run with this book on selling. He gives so much information on the art of sales from his trial and error. I mean, who wouldn't want to invest in this book to save time from making the same mistakes that Zig made? I highly recommend this book and I will be reading it over and over again.

By the way, I just have to say that Amazon is so fantastic. There was a discrepancy with the shipping address for this and 2 other books that I was to receive. Amazon re-shipped the books to me, at no additional cost, and they arrived the next day because of overnight shipping. They were so considerate and took care of me. I am a VERY satisfied customer!