- File Size: 1907 KB
- Print Length: 110 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1494783355
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: SmartStuff Media Publishing (February 10, 2013)
- Publication Date: February 10, 2013
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00BEAO3ZS
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#664,684 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #2724 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Weight Maintenance
- #2733 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Weight Loss
- #5606 in Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Weight Loss
|Print List Price:||$14.99|
Save $11.00 (73%)
Secrets of the HCG Diet Champions: Book 01:: The Blueprint to Rock Your HCG Diet Journey (Champions Of The HCG Diet) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 110 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
- Similar books to Secrets of the HCG Diet Champions: Book 01:: The Blueprint to Rock Your HCG Diet Journey (Champions Of The HCG Diet)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
And this coming from someone who is an RN, a real nurse, not some LPN or community college nurse trying to cash in on the diet's popularity.
As someone who's been on and off the HCG diet a few times and suffered from following bad online advice, I was ready for a no-nonsense book like this from people with experience. First time I did the diet, I got some hormone-free hCG lost a few lbs but I was eating everything in sight before the first week was up. Needless to say I gained it all back.
The second time I tried that 800 calorie protocol but that was a bust too because my metabolism never reset and I didn't lose much. So having seen Walter's videos, followed his advice on his blog and talking to him on Facebook -- I'm happy to report that his book is everything I was expecting and more.
I liked his interview style -- light, engaging -- but you can tell he's tough and caring as he interviews one of his top success stories. Reading her trials and victories gave me new ways to cope with the emotional roller coaster going on any diet can be.
I like how he bookends sections of the interview by talking directly to me the reader explaining more of what they are talking about. That was very, very helpful.
While there are a few missing pieces in the book, it's a must-read for any one going on any diet, whether it's the hCG one or not.
* His interviewing style is perfect. Warm, compassionate and funny, just as you'd expect from a good coach (apparently the author had himself gone on the hCG diet several times).
* I loved the little action plan things he had at the end of chapters.
* Between the two of them, they address every situation that causes stress and mistakes on this diet and not only that, shows you how to either avoid, manage or resolve them. For example, Kathy tells you what to do when your spouse isn't on a diet while you are and how to deal with that.
* Throughout each chapter he weaves teaching lessons into her personal stories. Reading their back and forth made me think alot.
* I felt that I wasn't alone in the mistakes I made on previous rounds (he even reveals how it wasn't my fault but all the bad info out there), that my feelings were normal and shared by others, and that there are real, practical solutions to the most common mistakes on this hCG protocol.
* Surprisingly, there's a section on the mental game and how she got hers. At first, I rolled my eyes because I always think this woo-woo stuff is a complete waste of time. But he makes a convincing case for it and hearing how she applied it to her own life -- I now think it could be a powerful resource for managing my mental and emotion state. Everything the two of them say, it's so common sense and easy to follow. It's possibly one of my favorite chapters of the book.
* The author doesn't teach you everything you need to know how to do the hCG diet. I would have liked to see more specifics on that, especially his way of doing it. No recipes either.
* He doesn't cover which medications can interfere with the hCG hormone. I would have liked to have seen a list of those.
* While the chapter on unintended consequences was more thorough than other hCG books, it still didn't answer many of the questions I had.
Despite these drawbacks, I still recommend this book - but only giving it 4 stars. First, because it's the only book told from the perspective of the most successful person to do the hCG diet and one of his top success stories. Just some of the things they talked about had me taking notes.
I confess. I have alot of hCG books.
While other books reprint the original protocol report from Dr. Simeons and overwhelm you with details of this diet protocol (or wild claims), this book felt very down to earth and made sense. If you're feeling overwhelmed by all the conflicting advice about the hCG diet, this is a good book to start.
I've heard of it. There is so much conflicting info
out there in the world, that I didn't really believe
in it. Until today, it pretty much sounded like a big
ol hyped up scam. Of course people are going to lose
weight consuming 500 calories...but they are also going
to be starving their body, starving their brain, etc.
Reading Walter's take on it, I can see that there may actually
be some scientific basis to a well-planned, well-directed approach
to the HCG diet. I get the impression that Walter really cares
about providing high quality information in an industry filled
with hype and re-hashed rumours and fads.
Since this was my first introduction to a non-hypey explanation, I
was a little disappointed that it didn't actually outline the steps
or recommendations or process of a 6 week HCG program. What kinds of
foods, what's the up-front fat loading process? What do you eat? Why
do you say no to the intensive exercise during the diet? Why was it
okay that Kathy did exercise intensively? It was as the title says, some
of the tips and secrets of successful HCG participants, but it wasn't really
a blueprint for someone who doesn't know what exactly is involved. I felt
more like it was a Part 2 (written to improve the results you get),and that
I had missed the Part 1 where the basics of the program were all
All in all though, I did feel like he cared about getting good quality
info out there so that people could maximize their HCG journey and
get the most out of it that they can.
Just because he promoted his blog and coaching program doesn't make
the info any less valuable. Every book you've ever read has an agenda,
his mission is obviously to help those he can. Letting the reader know
about his coaching program is an obvious next step if you are interested
in more info. If he doesn't resonate with you and you're not interested
in his help, no one is coming out of the book to hold you
at gunpoint until you sign up with him. At least not in my copy.
As a fellow male, seeing the only man or woman in HCG history to lose that much, let alone keep it off, I was relived to be in his program and figured if he could do it, so culd I.
I lost 55.5 lbs and 16% bodyfat during my first round using his program.
Even though Walter was my coach, I thought this was a good book to have and will use it in my next and final round. I wished he had it published during my round. He clearly practices what he preaches.
This may, in fact, be the only book you'll need for what goes on INSIDE the mind of someone who's done this diet and done it successfully. This book is a two-fer - get a peek inside Kathy's mind and Walter's.
Walter effectively argues against random anonymous online advice that could be coming from anyone, especially for first time HCG dieters. Apparently He is the most accomplished perosn to do this diet ever and he shows that unless you really know what you are doing, then doing round after round and settling for small losses is not worth it at all.
What I didn't like was I would have liked to hear more about success on this diet from a guy's perspective but in all fairness, that may have been hard to do with this book.
I also would like to have seen more things like meal plans and supplement lists. But overall, a good read with a lot of information that's worth taking notes on.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
D have returned it
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Other Diets
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Weight Loss
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Weight Loss
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Weight Maintenance