Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 694 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,071 reviews
on July 18, 2015
This book is great. It is much more organized, it cuts down on the wordy crap that you don't need. I gave away my "official" teas V book because I found that some concepts were written as if a five year old was the target audience (especially in math), but then it'd jump into chemistry and assume that you know everything. It almost seems like different people wrote different sections.
The Teas V secrets book seems to stay at a more reasonable level. It skips thd word vomit, and gives you more examples with explanations. I feel like this book makes studying just a bit less horrifying.
That being said, I think they should change the name. Teas V secrets sounds like a gimmick book that gives you tricks on how to guess the right answers, so I almost didn't buy it until I read the good reviews. It should be renamed "The awesome Teas V study guide, written by normal people who don't want to shove a load of useless time consuming word garbage down your throat".
review image
on November 9, 2016
I am so disappointed! First off I purchased both books thinking they were different and wanted to get the most benefit from studying from two books that have great reviews! (See photo) As soon as I opened the first few pages, I realized it is the same exact book!!! I paid for the same book twice!!! (My fault that I didn't look at it within 30 days period to get my refund)! So now it is the same company that selling the same book under two different covers!
Second off, they will give you a free test taking tips DVD if you review them!! So there you go! They buy their reviews by giving you a useless DVD! I didn't get the DVD and I am sure I won't, since this is not a 5 star review!!

Thirdly, I am speaking only regarding Math section! It has very limited information, most of it I had to learn from Google and free websites! TEAS includes probability problems, this book didn't even mention it at all! It fails at explaining how to get to the right answer.

Chemistry was so limited as well. A big chunk of the TEAS exam is focused on chemistry. I learned nothing that was valuable at all. Do your research and get another study guide!

I did score high on TEAS, but not because of this book! Which is really sad!
review image
on February 5, 2017
This book helped me to take the Accuplacer for my community college. Initially, it was for the TEAS, but I decided to enroll in a different school which had different placement testing. However, I just omitted the science aspect of this book, and the math and reading were spot on. I had last taken the Accuplacer about 7 years ago, and did horribly (I failed all but reading). I took it this past November and passed all sections. I was impressed. Study, study, study! This book is very helpful if you need the practice! I will say that the math was especially helpful (my worst subject) and I passed both math sections on my test.
on January 6, 2016
This study guide was purchased several months in advance of my wife's TEAS test, and we are very happy with the results. She passed the TEAS on the first try and scored in the 94th percentile for the nation!

The guide was a great resource for preparation, and even includes a few practice tests. It includes a lot of information, laid out and explained in a way that's easy to understand. It's best to read the book, front to back, then go back and focus on weak areas, then take a practice test. Repeating this process as many times as needed will help you greatly.

I can't see any reason NOT to purchase this study guide if you're looking for help on your TEAS preparation.
on January 14, 2017
Before I buy this book, I saw many reviews from Amazon. It seemed that the book doesn't have flaws and helped many other people whom wanted to go a nursing school like me. when I received it, I liked that the answers on the back had enough explanation to be understood.
on March 4, 2016
I took the Teas and didn't do so well. I used this book to study and although it was helpful, I found it's questions to be easier than the actual exam. So I'm ordering the official study guide from the Teas. I'll update once I take the exam again in April.
on December 3, 2016
Worked amazingly for what I used it for. I scheduled my test two weeks out and didn't realize how much it would encompass. With the guidance of someone who had already taken the TEAS V, I looked up the subjects necessary and studied them in this book, and my math, chem, and bio textbooks. I was only able to study for a couple of hours over 2-3 days, with me studying for about 3 hours before the test on the day of. I ended up scoring in the 97th national percentile rank and in the 93rd program percentile rank.
on January 28, 2015
i just brought this book and the first thing that i noticed is that is very well organize . it also details every subject in a way to make it really understandable and easy for anyone who want to take the teas.it decipher all the subjects to make them very clear for the user .This book is awesome i recommend it for everyone who want to succeed the Teas Exam.
on July 12, 2015
When I opened my TEAS test study guide I freaked out. The first section of the guide was the language arts section. I haven't been asked to analyze a sentence in over thirty years. I had forgotten so much. Fortunately, I ordered Secrets of the TEAS V Exam Study Guide, when I ordered the Teas study guide. I was immediately put at ease when I opened the Secrets guide. Each section gives you specific information to help you. There is also a code number that you can use on the Mometrix site for further review. With the help of the Secrets guide, I have all confidence that I will get a high score on the TEAS test.
on May 12, 2016
I have really enjoyed reading through this study book. It simplifies what you need to know instead of extra useless information. I like the breakdown of the study portions for each section, it is straight to the point and easy to understand. I also have the book from ATI who makes the TEAS V test and after comparing the two I feel like there are more areas in this book that explain to you what is really important to know and areas that aren't as important, but it is all still needed. It is really nice to be able to have a book that makes studying so simple. My first TEAS V Test is May 23, 2016 and this book is already giving me the confidence I need for the test!!