Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Secrets of a Working Dog: Unleash Your Potential and Create Success
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports

on October 25, 2010
We all know that a dog is man's best friend. But, now we learn through Bella the Boxer that a dog can be one's best advisor too. Through simple and fun analogies and examples Bella shares the secrets of how to craft a happy and successful life using what comes naturally to her species - be here now and have fun doing it. I read a lot of business books - this one had me learning and smiling at the same time. Now, let's go out and play!
on November 9, 2010
If you are an animal lover in any way you will really enjoy the 'voice' of the book (it is written in Bella the Boxer's paw!) as well as the funny and insightful stories & case studies which are overflowing. Makes for a really fun read with important lessons about business and life. By the end I was ready to lead what co-authors Ellen & Patrick Galvin call 'A Bella Life' - I loved reading their special final pages too.
on February 8, 2012
It seems every person with a success story is trying to be the next Tony Robbins these days. With the deluge of self-help & life improvement books written by men & women already on the stands, there is practically nothing more that can be said that hasn't already been said before... by humans.

Enter Bella the Boxer. Instead of looking at life through a homo-erectus tainted lens, this four legged friend is able to describe success, happiness and the meaning of life from a birds - err - dog's eye perspective. Rather than lay out formulas that have worked for one individual or another, Bella is able to open up one's eyes to basic, yet so often glossed-over, truths about ourselves. In my career in sales and technology, I can't tell you how often writings have been presented to me with techniques and studies from other tech geeks & sales professionals perspectives, regurgitating their own words and spinning their own propellers. I can say without a doubt, the most powerful and valuable lessons I have gleaned out of life have come from analogies, correlations, parables, and third party perspective. Bella & her book shine this refreshing and revealing light in terms that all us upright, opposable thumb folk can digest.

Thanks for sharing your secrets, Bella! And if you have happened upon this review out there, I promise you won't be disappointed from this book (and will more than likely be posting a 5-star review below mine here!). Enjoy.
on April 9, 2011
This is a very well-written book by a very smart boxer who shares her ideas on how to achieve balance in life and not working to the exclusion of everything else. Everyone, dog lovers or not, will enjoy this book. I love the pictures of Bella!
on December 5, 2012
Did not take long before I was really into that dog talking. Anyone who has ever loved a dog understands. And yes, I did get the points as applies to us humans. We should be equally sensitive to each other, especially those we care about.
on February 2, 2013
I thought this would be just another cute dog story.
But I was pleasantly surprised at the upbeat tone. The author takes a dog's view to get us humans motivated. What makes you Zoom? Great question to ask ourselves. Great book that got me thinking about acting on things I am interested in.
on October 28, 2010
Bella is certainly right. You need to find what makes you Zoom and run with it. Life is to short not to live it to the fullest. I work a high stress job that is fulfilling in that I help people get through the illness or the lose of a beloved pet. Yet all that stress can get to one. Each weekend I spend my time with my akita doing therapy work. Therapy work with my dog is definitely what makes me Zoom. Zadok has taught me that you have to live in the here and now and find the joy in everything you do. Finding my Zoom has certainly made my life better and I think made everyone we visits life a bit better to. Bella has written a great book that can help you use your zoom to and make each day a great day.
on October 28, 2010
Our mom Gail, brought our autographed copy of Bella the Boxer's new book; "Secrets of a Working Dog" to Florida with her on vacation and read it to our doggie cousins Chippy and Rudy. They found Bella's tips very helpful for both their lives and their mom who also has a home office. But don't take my word for it, hear what Chippy and Rudy had to say in their own words! Paws up for Bella, Patrick and Ellen Galvin!
-- Gail Hand, The Power of Laughter
on October 31, 2012
The wise and witty Bella is not barking out the same old rules of business. No, the talented Bella offers holistic wisdom, teaches happiness as well as success, and can even help with your love life. Her comprehensive suggestions for a happy life continue to enlighten those of us who thought she was merely a mascot. Indeed! She is a Buddha among canines! Well worth your while.
on November 4, 2010
As a small business coach, I read a lot of books that pertain to business. It is always good to see information presented in a new way - and a dog's perspective is certainly different! Bella speaks to us about a variety of ways to improve the quality of both our business and personal lives. It is an easy read, with good tools anyone can put into practice right away - something I appreciate.