Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Section 8 is a large-scale, sci-fi first person shooter where fast-paced action meets military strategy in the far reaches of the galaxy. Join the epic battle between the 8th Armored Infantry and the Arm of Orion by taking part in fierce squad-based combat across majestic alien worlds.
Choose the experience you want to play by customizing your own equipment loadouts, and dynamically manipulate the flow of combat with on-demand vehicle requisitions, strategic asset deliveries, Dynamic Combat Missions, and the ability to drop anywhere on the battlefield from 15,000 feet above.
On a completely player-driven and dynamic battlefield, no two games of Section 8 will ever play the same.
- Burn in to battle from 15,000 feet: see the battlefield open up below as you reach terminal velocity; hit the air brakes and choose where you land
- Dynamic Combat Missions alter the flow of battle and remove all predictability. Use your wits to gain victory instead of just doing the same things over and over again
- Call in ‘deployables’ such as powerful gun emplacements, tanks and walking war machines to secure your hard-won territory or to gain a strategic advantage as you advance on the enemy
- Choose your weapons, armor and more; don’t be restricted to a class such as ‘scout’ or ‘medic’
- Incredible graphics, powered by a heavily modified Unreal Engine 3, deliver huge, open battlefields
- Full single-player campaign telling the story of trooper Alex Corde
- Unrivalled multiplayer combat allowing for clan, team and individual stat tracking
- Hard Drive: 6 GB Hard Drive Space
Requires Steam Client to activate.
|OS:||Win 7, Vista, and XP|
|Processor:||Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz, or any Dual Core processor, AMD Athlon 64 3000+|
|RAM:||1 GB RAM (XP), 2 GB RAM (Vista)|
|Hard Drive:||6 GB|
|Video Card:||256 MB RAM Video Card, NVIDIA GeForce 7800 series, ATI X1800, or equivalent|
|Additional Info:||DirectX 9.0c (Shader Model 3.0)|
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
+ Great graphics and smooth frame rates.
+ Fantastic soundtrack by Jason Graves (Dead Space, Silent Hunter, City of Heroes - Going Rogue).
+ Good blend of vehicle and foot missions.
+ Boost run, Repair Tool, Jet Pack and Auto-Target Locking skills.
+ Excellent voice acting.
+ Free-falls into drop zones are always fun to watch.
- Restricted Area Shutdown in 5 seconds. I can't even begin to tell you how much I absolutely despised this in both games! That's fine if I'm not supposed to have access to a certain areas but how about this....put up an invisible wall or at least give me more than 5 seconds to turn around and return to the mission area. You simply don't move fast enough without boost to make it back into the mission area. Failing to do so results in instant death. Simply an AWFUL mechanic.
- Needed more use of vehicles and mechs. (See the Halo series)
- Game uses Windows Live and only saves progress if you're logged in.
- Some areas of uneven difficulty resulting in numerous respawns.Read more ›
multiplayer is dead know but if you and your friends get it its very fun
but if you want a good game with a nice campaign that's more up to data section 8 prejudice the next game is a better buy
and people who keep saying its a clone of halo and all this other BS need to stop saying that yes its a space game but it plays nothing like halo
its a game with mixed playing elements not a halo clone same for section 8 prejudice which you can get on steam
and TotalBiscuit, The Cynical Brit has made videos on it so
Have fun from a Veteran from both games
The only bad thing is that it turned out a little short, but hey, it was worth it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews