YED Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 STEM nav_sap_shop_all_hm_cal Shop now Shop Popular Services SneakyPete SneakyPete SneakyPete  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Go Explore Outdoor Recreation on Amazon STEM
Customer Discussions > Far Cry 2 - PC forum

SecuRom Hall of Shame Games

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 25, 2008 2:51:17 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 31, 2009 10:27:49 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2008 7:17:26 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2008 7:17:53 PM PST
Gaming has to return to the roots that made it a multi-million dollar industry. By crippling the computers of their market with Securom and its brothers, gaming companies are defeating their own desires by driving more and more people to pirated securerom amd drm free versions. The gaming industry may calculate that they lose millions to game piracy but they only stand to lose billions more when they "poison" their own wells.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2008 2:42:04 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 31, 2009 10:27:48 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2008 4:32:27 AM PST
Scott Beaton says:
They just want to kill off PC gaming, and force everyone only consoles.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2008 9:43:01 AM PST
That doesn't make any sense. They wouldn't devote time, money and resources to making the PC versions if that were the case. Both the music and movie industries are still going through issues with DRM as well, because the execs of all these large companies are still under the impression that a) piracy represents lost sales and b) they can stop it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2008 10:03:39 AM PST
Brian W. says:
I don't necessarily agree with you Erik. Once a game is made for the Xbox 360 it's pretty easy to port it over to Windows, and vice versa with a Windows game being easy to port to the 360. Microsoft purposely did this so their PC operating system and shiny new console both benefit from each other.

A select few publishers *cough, EA, cough* do want to kill off PC gaming. But they are only thinking short-term. The new consoles are pretty much on par with PCs at the moment, but within the next year PCs will surpass what these consoles can do. Even though that's how it's always been, they can't think past the short-term. That kind of mindset will kill your company. How long did it take for the short-term thinking in the financial industry to kill off some firms? Was it 10 years? Yes, they got gains during that time but now quite a few have died off and more are on the brink of extinction.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2008 4:53:22 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 31, 2009 10:26:50 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2009 9:26:58 PM PST
Paul Tinsley says:
The simple truth now is ... the more DRM publishers push out, the less sales they will have. The word is out and the game is up ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2009 3:00:27 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2009 3:01:58 PM PST
If you really want to kill Securom hire a lawyer! :)

Posted on Mar 17, 2009 10:55:47 AM PDT
Cam Daabs says:
Mark, you could not have been more right, SecuRom is absolute rubbish. Thats why any game with it I find easier to go play on my Xbox. I have Bioshock, Dead Space, RA3, and Mirrors Edge (my fav game atm) for Xbox 360. I want EA to kill off SecuRom, but as they say, what the biggest company says, goes. And they say NOT to pirate games, it needs to put on a DRM so it will protect their precious game(which then makes people more anxious to pirate it...maybe out of sheer diappointment) AND it will lose their multi billion dollar company money, and we dont want that now...do we?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Far Cry 2 - PC forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Nov 25, 2008
Latest post:  Mar 17, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about
Far Cry 2 - PC
Far Cry 2 - PC by Ubisoft (Windows Vista / XP)
2.8 out of 5 stars (412)