4-Year Appliance Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Secura Automatic Conical Burr Coffee Grinder CBG-018
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 100-watt conical burr coffee bean grinder with 18 grind settings (ultra-fine to coarse)
- Coffee Bean container holds up to 8 ounces; coffee grounds container holds up to 5 ounces
- Grind coffee beans for 1 to 10 cups of coffee with an automatic shut-off when done
- Removable commercial-grade conical burr grinder blades allows for easy cleaning and maximum flavor from beans
- 1-year Manufacturer’s warranty. Safety shield prevents beans from flying out of the bean hopper and automatic shut-off if the coffee grounds container is removed during operation
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Cuisinart DBM-8 Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill
Capresso 560.01 Infinity Conical Burr, Black
KRUPS GX5000 Professional Electric Coffee Burr Grinder with Grind Size and Cup Selection, 7-Ounce, Black
Cuisinart CBM-18N Programmable Conical Burr Mill
Breville BCG820BSSXL The Smart Grinder Pro Coffee Bean Grinder, Brushed Stainless Steel
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||—||7.13 x 10.75 x 6 in||9.6 x 14.6 x 7.8 in||7.24 x 4.29 x 10.4 in||12.12 x 8.37 x 7.62 in||6.25 x 8.5 x 15.25 in|
|Item Weight||4 lbs||4.5 lbs||4 lbs||3.2 lbs||4.75 lbs||6.4 lbs|
|Material Type||—||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel Grinder||Plastic||man-made-material||Stainless Steel|
Burr coffee bean grinder… do you know what it is and how it can help you?
Before you can learn how this device can assist you in getting a tasty cup of coffee, it’s important you know what it is. Simply put, it’s a grinder with two slicing discs that are grooved. These discs can be moved closer together or farther apart, all depending on how fine or coarse the grind needs to be (for your taste). These slicing discs are more precise and provide a more consistent grind than the propeller grinders; they work slower and create a much more consistent grind. They are accurate and reliable, which makes a considerable difference when brewing coffee every day. The Secura Automatic Conical Burr Coffee Grinder, with its 18 grind settings, 8 oz. coffee bean holder and 5 oz. coffee container, is ideal for grinding coffee beans for as little as 1 cup of coffee at a time or as many as 10 cups of coffee at one time. The burr coffee grinders are what experts consider to be the real thing. Burr grinders actually grind the coffee beans by crushing them with the integrated grinding wheels. The advantage of using the grinding wheels is that they create a more consistent grind and do not produce a lot of extra heat and that means the coffee will brew evenly and keep its real flavor. Another advantage of using a burr coffee bean grinder is the fact that the grinding wheels can be adjusted. By adjusting the wheels you control how fine or how coarse the ground coffee should be. That means you can grind beans very coarsely for a French Press to ultra-fine for espresso or Turkish coffee, or anywhere in between.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. static causing the bean dust flying around in the air and sticking to the plastic parts and everything else - true but the first batch was considerably worse that subsequent ones. My wife and I drink perhaps three pots of coffee a day, mostly decaf but we do like our coffee. After a variety of beans were used and somewhat of a coating was accumulated (not visible necessarily) the static thin calmed down a lot. I also noticed that this varies a bit depending on the relative humidity in the house. The dryer it is the more of a problem of static exists.
2. Coffee beans not falling down smoothly into the grinder mechanism does occur but rarely. It seems to me that beans which are by their nature more oily can get stuck at times. This happen rarely to me but it has happened. A slight tap on the top of the grinder fixes this immediately and for me has not been any real problem.
I Love the smooth taste this grinder allows me to have in my coffee and I Love being able to vary this at will as the mood suites me. I have only had this grinder a few weeks but am confident that it will last me quite a while. If something else changes my mind I will repost but I have had quite a number of coffee grinder over the years and feel sure that this one is a winner!
However, during grinding the beans never fall into the hopper without shaking the entire grinder for the duration of the grind. As frustration mounts during the early uncaffinated hours of the morning, this grinder will shortly find itself thrown across the kitchen in pieces. This grinder is too much frustration and won’t live long on our countertop. Recommend don’t buy.
As others have mentioned, the plastic container the grinds fall into is poorly designed for several reasons:
1. It attracts a lot of static which catches the grinds on its sides. When the lid is removed to pour it into a standard coffee machine, the bits stuck on the side spill over and make a mess in the machine/ on the counter.
2. The opening of the container is only slightly smaller than a coffee machine's standard filter holder, which worsens the above point.
3. When the cup collects the grinds, bits spill over and make a mess. More grinds fall out from the transport tube above the cup as it is removed.
The second, more annoying flaw with the unit sprouts from the bean hopper. After grinding several pounds of coffee, there is no respite to the difficulty that I have in just pressing the button and letting it run: the beans get caught and I need to relentlessly shake the machine as it is grinding to prevent it from becoming jammed. I have even removed the little plastic limiter from inside the hopper, which helped, but it still occurs four out of five times - enough so I need to stand next to the machine, ready to shake it if need be.
On the upside, it is significantly quieter than blade grinder I used to use.
To get it to grind, I have to constantly shake the unit while grinding so that the blades are grinding coffee beans versus air. The dial is so loose for the grind grading, that just touching it could shift it. Same with the timer. Don't accidentally touch it because the time will shift. Finally, there is ground coffee all over the counter-top every day because the cup is so static that there is coffee in and out of the cup. I don't usually write reviews much, much less bad one. But this was a waste of money.
I think I'll go back to the Breville we had for a few years (which ironically had worse reviews than this one!).
I read where static was a problem but I have had zero problems with this.
So, unless you measure each particle of the grind for uniformity, I am sure you will be happy.
I never knew what I was missing.
Most recent customer reviews
Second, the plastic used for the grounds catcher carries a lot of static...Read more
I have used this 4 times so far for grinding beans for Cold Brew Coffee. This does grind from very course to very fine grounds.Read more