- Save $5.00 on "Secura Stainless Steel French Press 18/10 Bonus Stainless Steel Screen" when you purchase 1 or more "Secura Electric Kettle" offered by Lafraise. Enter code FP5K5K55 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 9% on "Secura Stainless Steel French Press 18/10 Bonus Stainless Steel Screen" when you purchase 1 or more "Secura Electric Kettle" offered by Lafraise. Enter code 76VIKH3G at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Secura The Original Stainless Steel Double Wall El..." and save 62% off the $59.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
4 Year Asurion Kitchen Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Surge protection starts when your product ships; mechanical and electrical failures are covered after manufacturer warranty expires
- If we can't fix it, we will issue you an Amazon Gift Card for full replacement value
- Protection when you need it from a name you can trust
- No deductibles or additional fees. Easy claims online or by phone. Contract is emailed to you within hours of your purchase.
- Fully Transferable. 100% refund within first 30 days
Secura The Original Stainless Steel Double Wall Electric Water Kettle 1.8 Quart
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The Original Stainless Steel Double Wall Electric Kettle. This Hot Water Electric Kettle comes with 100% Stainless Steel Interior. Stainless Steel pot, Stainless Steel Lid, Stainless Steel Spout, Stainless Steel Rim. NO plastic in contact with hot water. Safe Healthy Drinking Water
- BPA-Free Cool Touch Exterior, No Scalding Hazard; Saves Energy and Safe to Use
- 1.7 Liter/ 1.8 Quart Capacity; ideal as an Electric Tea Kettle, Double-Wall Construction Boils Water Quicker and Keeps Warm Longer.
- British Strix control inside, Outlast Other Water Kettle
- TWO(2)-YEAR WARRANTY; 120V 60Hz, 1500W Heating Power; ETL Approved Product
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
SECURA 1.8 Quart Stainless Steel Electric Water Kettle with 'Cool Touch' Exterior
- SECURA has been a leading small appliance manufacturer in North America for years. Our products, sold under the SECURA and DUXTOP brands, are top sellers on many of the leading online shopping services as well as in several large national retailers. We have sold well over 8,000,000 units in the USA and continue to add to our product line at an aggressive pace. SECURA is proud to bring you high quality products in the kitchen, health and beauty and fitness areas. Our products are focused on ease of use, high quality material, ergonomic design and affordability. All of our products come with comprehensive warranties and our customer service is second to none.
BPA-Free Cool Touch Exteior. All Stainless Steel Interior. Double Wall Construction.
Safe to handle even with a full pot of boiling water! All Stainless Steel interior ensures no plastic parts touch your hot water. Locking lid reduces the danger of accidental spills and the single rubber foot pad built into the base allows the base and kettle to 'pivot' in the event of unexpected tipping. The large opening in the top allows easy access to the smooth, seamless Stainless Steel interior for easy cleaning of mineral deposits.
Boils Water in Minutes
1500 watts of heating power brings a full pot of water to a boil in minutes, creating healthy cooking and drinking water. Automatic shut-off feature ensures the kettle will never boil dry.
All Stainless Steel Interior
Safer Water by Design
100% Stainless Steel Interior with unibody construction. No plastic parts come into contact with your water.
Safety as Standard
Strix controller with automatic shut-off feature prevents inadvertent boil dry hazard.
High quality 18/10 Stainless Steel interior, BPA-free Cool Touch exterior, dual layer construction makes for a heavier more 'solid' feeling kettle than other brands.
SECURA-First to Market!
- The SECURA 1.8 Quart Cool Touch exterior all Stainless Steel interior electric water kettle was the first to market with this unique design.
SECURA Stainless Steel Electric Water Kettle with Cool Touch Exterior
Easy Access/Large Opening
Hard water from our water faucets is the norm these days. While boiling the water creates safe water for cooking and drinking, mineral deposits left on the stainless steel interior are inevitable. The large opening in the SECURA Electric Water Kettle allows for easy access to clean those deposits away.
Cool Touch Exterior
BPA-Free Cool Touch Exterior.
High quality 18/10 Stainless Steel Interior.
Attention to details makes this one of the best kettles on the market.
Compare to similar items
This item Secura The Original Stainless Steel Double Wall Electric Water Kettle 1.8 Quart
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||8 x 8 x 12 in||8.25 x 9.75 x 12 in||7.5 x 9.6 x 10.1 in||6.24 x 9.24 x 8.78 in||11 x 8 x 10 in||6 x 8 x 9.3 in|
|Material Type||Stainless-Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Glass|
The Original Stainless Steel Double Wall Electric Kettle. This Hot Water Electric Kettle comes with 100% Stainless Steel Interior. Stainless Steel pot, Stainless Steel Lid, Stainless Steel Spout, Stainless Steel Rim. NO plastic in contact with hot water. Safe Healthy Drinking Water. BPA-Free Cool Touch Exterior, No Scalding Hazard. Saves Energy and Safe to Use. 1.7 Liter/ 1.8 Quart Capacity, ideal as an Electric Tea Kettle: Double-Wall Construction Boils Water Quicker and Keeps Warm Longer. British Strix control inside, Outlast Other Water Kettle. 2-Year Warranty. 120V 60Hz, 1500W Heating Power. ETL Approved Product. WARNING: More materials were used to make this double-wall electric kettle more durable and last longer. As a result, this kettle is slightly heavier than a regular 1.8 Quart stainless steel electric kettle.
Top customer reviews
The other model I've found that has an all-stainless steel interior is designed by Precise Heat. I prefer the Secura for these reasons:
-Double-wall construction keeps the boiled water hot longer. Also exterior is cool to the touch.
-Secura feels more robust.
-Uses British Strix control to conserve energy when reheating already hot or warm water.
It's hard for me to allocate time to write Amazon reviews, but I took the time because I love my Secura kettle so much. With the cold winter weather, I find myself using my Secura kettle 3+ times per day. My only suggestion for this item is to offer a model with all stainless exterior as well, although the black exterior is not half bad.
In kettle news, I was very excited to hear about the new OXO On Cordless Glass Electric Kettle. The see-through glass container with all stainless steel seemed to be the perfect marriage of design, function, and safety. Alas, after doing some further digging, contacting OXO, I was informed that it has silicone seals in the bottom and a plastic inner lid on top. By the way, silicone has also not been proven to be 100% safe for human consumption as some types of silicone could contain siloxane compounds that may cause adverse reproductive, neurological, and immune effects.
Using the product is indeed easy- The cord stashes away in the base with a little wheel to wrap it up. The cord, about 2.5', overall seems short but is more than ample in length to plug it in as needed for use. Keep in mind that the base heats the water in the kettle and the kettle can be removed and used freely outside of the tethered/plugged in base, so the length of the cord is of little consequence in most instances. Keep in mind this shorter cord allows it to stash away nice and neat in the base when not in use.
Simply fill the kettle with a minimum of 2 cups of water, or a maximum of just over 7 cups (there is an internal etches Max Fill line.) Set the kettle on the plugged in base and press the toggle switch down. It will illuminate orange- there is no other visual way of knowing the kettle is on. Keep in mind, for safety needs, that there is also no way of knowing the water inside has been heated once the light is off. The kettle is equipped with an automatic shut off function that is supposed to turn the unit off (flip the switch) once the water boils. I've found that this proved temperamental. It first I was filling directly to the Max Fill line and the unit ran for almost 20 minutes before I manually shut it off. The water, which takes about 7 minutes to reach boiling, was clearly boiling.
After some back and forth with the brand we determined that moisture near the internal sensor was causing the auto-off switch to work temperamentally. I found, on my own, about 5 cups will boil just fine and shut off on it's own without any issue. To help ease the concerns with the auto-off on a full kettle I've been told to allow the unit to entirely air dry, open, overnight, between uses. Also, keep in mind that boiling multiple pots back to back could, potentially, cause the auto off to work wonky- though the brand assures me this is the rarest of cases.
On the topic of safety- I do like that this kettle is primarily cook touch. The handle never gets warm. The base of the kettle (exterior, outside, plastic) does get warm (not hot) to the touch. One thing I do wish this kettle had was a way to lock the lid for transport and additional safety around kids. As this design stands the kettle will pour if tilted (which is needed to release steam,) but the top lid will easily pop up if the handle button is pressed.
Some reviewers have noted how they love that no plastic comes in contact with their water- this is true. The stainless steel design is indeed very fluid and the stainless steel lid a great touch. I do want to note that the steam from opening the lid with the boiling water (which I'm sure would not be a common thing to do) did seem to melt the plastic on the outer rim near the hinge. And, by melt, I mean that it became tacky to the touch and took on a fingerprint imprint.
This kettle is something we use daily for multiple uses- from beverages to even making instant potatoes for dinner- I love that I don't have to pull a pot out anymore, and I still have water leftover for an after dinner cup of coffee. I honestly, seldom put it away- it sits out on the counter nearly day in and out. Because we have used it so much I have noticed that our hard water has left hard water deposit build up on the very bottom of the kettle- this especially happens when the water gets below 3 or so cups. The deposits don't scrub off, but will quickly remove if you swish a little vinegar around the bottom, no big deal! We received this product at a discount in hopes we would share our honest feedback, which we have done to our best ability. Please drop us any questions, we love to answer!