- Save 80% on Hair Straightener Comb when you purchase $20.00 or more of Qualifying items offered by Lafraise. Enter code 80BEAUTY at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 67% on Collapsible Sports Water Bottle when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by Lafraise. Enter code PROMOSWB at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save $5.00 on "Secura Stainless Steel French Press 18/10 Bonus Stainless Steel Screen" when you purchase 1 or more "Secura Electric Kettle" offered by Lafraise. Enter code FP5K5K55 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Other Sellers on Amazon
Secura SWK-1701DB The Original Stainless Steel Double Wall Electric Water Kettle 1.8 Quart
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The Original Stainless Steel Double Wall Electric Kettle. This Hot Water Electric Kettle comes with 100% Stainless Steel Interior. Stainless Steel pot, Stainless Steel Lid, Stainless Steel Spout, Stainless Steel Rim. NO plastic in contact with hot water. Safe Healthy Drinking Water
- BPA-Free Cool Touch Exterior, No Scalding Hazard; Saves Energy and Safe to Use
- 1.7 Liter/ 1.8 Quart Capacity; ideal as an Electric Tea Kettle, Double-Wall Construction Boils Water Quicker and Keeps Warm Longer.
- British Strix control inside, Outlast Other Water Kettle
- TWO(2)-YEAR WARRANTY; 120V 60Hz, 1500W Heating Power; ETL Approved Product
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
SECURA 1.8 Quart Stainless Steel Electric Water Kettle with 'Cool Touch' Exterior
- SECURA has been a leading small appliance manufacturer in North America for years. Our products, sold under the SECURA and DUXTOP brands, are top sellers on many of the leading online shopping services as well as in several large national retailers. We have sold well over 8,000,000 units in the USA and continue to add to our product line at an aggressive pace. SECURA is proud to bring you high quality products in the kitchen, health and beauty and fitness areas. Our products are focused on ease of use, high quality material, ergonomic design and affordability. All of our products come with comprehensive warranties and our customer service is second to none.
BPA-Free Cool Touch Exteior. All Stainless Steel Interior. Double Wall Construction.
Safe to handle even with a full pot of boiling water! All Stainless Steel interior ensures no plastic parts touch your hot water. Locking lid reduces the danger of accidental spills and the single rubber foot pad built into the base allows the base and kettle to 'pivot' in the event of unexpected tipping. The large opening in the top allows easy access to the smooth, seamless Stainless Steel interior for easy cleaning of mineral deposits.
Boils Water in Minutes
1500 watts of heating power brings a full pot of water to a boil in minutes, creating healthy cooking and drinking water. Automatic shut-off feature ensures the kettle will never boil dry.
All Stainless Steel Interior
Safer Water by Design
100% Stainless Steel Interior with unibody construction. No plastic parts come into contact with your water.
Safety as Standard
Strix controller with automatic shut-off feature prevents inadvertent boil dry hazard.
High quality 18/10 Stainless Steel interior, BPA-free Cool Touch exterior, dual layer construction makes for a heavier more 'solid' feeling kettle than other brands.
SECURA-First to Market!
- The SECURA 1.8 Quart Cool Touch exterior all Stainless Steel interior electric water kettle was the first to market with this unique design.
SECURA Stainless Steel Electric Water Kettle with Cool Touch Exterior
Easy Access/Large Opening
Hard water from our water faucets is the norm these days. While boiling the water creates safe water for cooking and drinking, mineral deposits left on the stainless steel interior are inevitable. The large opening in the SECURA Electric Water Kettle allows for easy access to clean those deposits away.
Cool Touch Exterior
BPA-Free Cool Touch Exterior.
High quality 18/10 Stainless Steel Interior.
Attention to details makes this one of the best kettles on the market.
Compare with similar items
The Original Stainless Steel Double Wall Electric Kettle. This Hot Water Electric Kettle comes with 100% Stainless Steel Interior. Stainless Steel pot, Stainless Steel Lid, Stainless Steel Spout, Stainless Steel Rim. NO plastic in contact with hot water. Safe Healthy Drinking Water. BPA-Free Cool Touch Exterior, No Scalding Hazard. Saves Energy and Safe to Use. 1.7 Liter/ 1.8 Quart Capacity, ideal as an Electric Tea Kettle: Double-Wall Construction Boils Water Quicker and Keeps Warm Longer. British Strix control inside, Outlast Other Water Kettle. 2-Year Warranty. 120V 60Hz, 1500W Heating Power. ETL Approved Product. WARNING: More materials were used to make this double-wall electric kettle more durable and last longer. As a result, this kettle is slightly heavier than a regular 1.8 Quart stainless steel electric kettle.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The other model I've found that has an all-stainless steel interior is designed by Precise Heat. I prefer the Secura for these reasons:
-Double-wall construction keeps the boiled water hot longer. Also exterior is cool to the touch.
-Secura feels more robust.
-Uses British Strix control to conserve energy when reheating already hot or warm water.
It's hard for me to allocate time to write Amazon reviews, but I took the time because I love my Secura kettle so much. With the cold winter weather, I find myself using my Secura kettle 3+ times per day. My only suggestion for this item is to offer a model with all stainless exterior as well, although the black exterior is not half bad.
In kettle news, I was very excited to hear about the new OXO On Cordless Glass Electric Kettle. The see-through glass container with all stainless steel seemed to be the perfect marriage of design, function, and safety. Alas, after doing some further digging, contacting OXO, I was informed that it has silicone seals in the bottom and a plastic inner lid on top. By the way, silicone has also not been proven to be 100% safe for human consumption as some types of silicone could contain siloxane compounds that may cause adverse reproductive, neurological, and immune effects.
Note that some people have worried about a small circular hole at the top beneath the lid -- this is there so that the lid can close. When you're boiling water, that hole is completely blocked by the thickness of the lid as it closes; the interior of the lid is the same stainless steel as the rest of the interior. There is thus NO plastic that can be contacted by water or steam in this kettle. (See photos. The first shows the hole just beneath the rim, and the second shows that the thickness of the metal in the lid will completely block that hole.)
I've been using the kettle multiple times per day and it works simply and beautifully. It boils water quickly, and it shuts off by itself once it's reached the boil. For those of you considering a kettle with temperature settings: (1) testing of such kettles indicates that most of them are off the desired temperature by as much as 10 degrees, defeating the purpose of setting it at different temps for different teas; and (2) I have a ThermoPop thermometer (not available through amazon, alas) and another less fancy one, and both of them indicate that once you pour the water out of the kettle, the temperature drops really quickly. If I pour into an open cup, the temp falls to ~180-185 degrees as soon as I've stopped pouring; the temp remains a bit higher in a closed teapot (and will differ depending on whether the teapot is glass, ceramic, or metal). So I'm not sure that even an accurate temp gauge on a kettle would be that useful.
Some reviewers have complained that it is too large, but it is the generous 1.8 quart / 1.7 liter capacity that makes it sizable. It is well-balanced and easy to handle. It is easy to left off the base -- the cord attaches to the base of the unit, not the kettle itself -- and reposition back on the base. The 1500W heating element heats the water very rapidly, faster than a conventional kettle of the same capacity heats on my electric cooktop range.
One early observation I had was that the cord was too short: I measured it at about ten inches. It was when I read other Amazon product reviews here that I realized my unit's cord was wrapped around a base storage device; when I unwrapped a turn or two, the cord length was fine.
The power indicator comes on while the kettle is heating but there is no "Hot" indicator or warming function. If you want really hot water, just flip the power switch again to reheat your water. I'm sure an indicator light and a warming feature could have been added to the design but the cost would go up as well.
One reviewer disliked the interior vent near the top of the handle. The vent is part of the mechanism by which the kettle senses steam from the hot boiling water and shuts off the heating element.
The Secura kettle is now a permanent and welcome part of our kitchen counter "coffee station".
Most recent customer reviews