Securing Blockchain Networks like Ethereum and Hyperledger Fabric: Learn advanced security configurations and design principles to safeguard Blockchain networks
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Build secure private blockchain networks to handle mission-critical security challenges such as denial-of-service attacks, user wallets, and pool mining attacks
- Explore blockchain concepts such as cryptography, consensus algorithms, and security assumptions
- Architect network security for mission-critical decentralized apps (Dapps) using design security considerations
- Consider various deployment and operational aspects while building a blockchain network
Blockchain adoption has extended from niche research to everyday usage. However, despite the blockchain revolution, one of the key challenges faced in blockchain development is maintaining security, and this book will demonstrate the techniques for doing this.
You'll start with blockchain basics and explore various blockchain attacks on user wallets, and denial of service and pool mining attacks. Next, you'll learn cryptography concepts, consensus algorithms in blockchain security, and design principles while understanding and deploying security implementation guidelines. You'll not only cover architectural considerations, but also work on system and network security and operational configurations for your Ethereum and Hyperledger Fabric network. You'll later implement security at each level of blockchain app development, understanding how to secure various phases of a blockchain app using an example-based approach. You'll gradually learn to securely implement and develop decentralized apps, and follow deployment best practices. Finally, you'll explore the architectural components of Hyperledger Fabric, and how they can be configured to build secure private blockchain networks.
By the end of this book, you'll have learned blockchain security concepts and techniques that you can implement in real blockchain production environments.
What you will learn
- Understand blockchain consensus algorithms and security assumptions
- Design secure distributed applications and smart contracts
- Understand how blockchains manage transactions and help to protect wallets and private keys
- Prevent potential security threats that can affect distributed ledger technologies (DLTs) and blockchains
- Use pentesting tools for assessing potential flaws in Dapps and smart contracts
- Assess privacy compliance issues and manage sensitive data with blockchain
Who this book is for
This book is for blockchain developers, security professionals, and Ethereum and Hyperledger developers who are looking to implement security in blockchain platforms and ensure secure data management using an example-driven approach. Basic knowledge of blockchain concepts will be beneficial.
Table of Contents
- Introducing Blockchain Security and Attack Vectors
- Cryptography Essentials
- Blockchain Security Assumptions
- Trustless Blockchain Networks
- Securing Hyperledger Fabric
- Decentralized Apps and Smart Contracts
- Preventing Threats for DApps and Smart Contracts
- Exploiting Blockchain as attack vector
- Analyzing Privacy and GDPR Compliance issues
About the Author
Alessandro Parisi has been an IT professional for over 20 years, acquiring significant experience as a Security Data Scientist, and as an Artificial Intelligence Cybersecurity and Blockchain specialist. He has experience of operating within organizational and decisional contexts characterized by high complexity. Over the years, he has helped companies to adopt Artificial Intelligence and Blockchain DLT technologies as strategic tools in protecting sensitive corporate assets. He holds a Master Degree in Economics and Statistics.
- Publisher : Packt Publishing (April 13, 2020)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 244 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1838646485
- ISBN-13 : 978-1838646486
- Item Weight : 15 ounces
- Dimensions : 7.5 x 0.55 x 9.25 inches
- Customer Reviews: