From the Back Cover
Securing Business Information provides an approach to security that is derived from numerous successful implementations. The Enterprise Security Plan (ESP) is a six-step process for tailoring enterprise security techniques to the needs of your business.
This book will guide you through these steps to secure your computing infrastructure within the constraints of normal business operations, resources, and today's technology:
- Prepare the enterprise, starting with the staff and their roles.
- Organize a group of security domains and assess the tolerable amount of risk for each.
- Complete a baseline security analysis and derive a set of guiding policies.
- Determine how security policies are being enforced throughout the enterprise.
- Identify gaps and set priorities.
- Plan the projects to implement an appropriately secure enterprise.
020176735XB12132001 --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
About the Author
Dale Kutnick is the cofounder, CEO, and chairman of the board of META group, overseeing all of the company's research and analytical activities. Prior to cofounding META Group in 1989, Mr. Kutnick was executive vice president of research at Gartner Group. Previously, he was executive director and a principal at Yankee Group, and a principal at Battery Ventures, a venture capital firm.