- The video quality is good (although, the HDR quality is not great... see cons below).
- The doorbell recognizes people extremely quickly and sends me an alert almost instantaneously.
- Notifications on my iPhone are accompanied by a photo of the person at the door.
- Looks sleek.
- Comes with an angle plate.
- No subscription cost!!
- Really, really fast startup time. I quit the eufy app, then re-open it and the video from the doorbell starts streaming in seconds -- like 1 or 2 seconds. Even the app launches very fast.
- Documentation mentions that if the doorbell glows yellow during the setup process, it is receiving sufficient power and I do not need to bypass the existing doorbell chime with the included bypass wires. However, I noticed that after it had been setup and I tried ringing the doorbell, the doorbell feedback chime (the "ding-dong" sound that the video doorbell makes to let you know it is ringing) would cut out immediately after ringing for a fraction of a second. This issue was fixed when I manually bypassed the existing doorbell chime despite the video doorbell receiving power, which tells me that it was receiving power, but not enough.
- The doorbell keeps recognizing a tree in front of my house as a person and sends me false alerts multiple times a day as you can see in the the attached screenshots. I had to create a detection zone and exclude the tree in order to prevent the false alerts.
- HDR images are not very clear... the HDR video looks fine, but the photos it captures and sends to my phone when it detects a person could be better.
- When I answer the doorbell from my phone, the video is sometimes not recorded and saved. The other day I answered the doorbell, and afterwards I went back into my history to try and download the video clip, but it was missing -- no one deleted it... it was just not saved.
- The doorbell is easy to detach from the wall if you have a thin metal rod... no special tools required, so I am afraid it will get stolen some day.
- It needs multiple detection zones. The single detection zone is very prohibitive.
- It needs an "ignore zone" in addition to the detection zone so I can exclude a section where my street is visible.
- It needs a way to indicate which video clips were a result of a person appearing in front of the door vs. ringing the doorbell. I just see a list of video clips without any indication of whether the doorbell was rung or not. Also, it needs to indicate whether I answered the doorbell, or if it was a "missed" ring.
EDIT [2019/09/16]: After having used the doorbell for over 2 months, I have one more complaint. The eufy Security app logs me out if I don't use it for more than a few days, resulting in me missing notifications from the app. I wish there was a way for the app to tell me that it has logged me off so I know I am no longer receiving notifications.