Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One ft Nina Nesbitt PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 21-30 of 215 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 271 reviews
on March 13, 2013
Wow, I haven't plowed through a book series that fast in a long time! That should tell you what I think of entire Beyonders series--this is easy, fun, popcorn reading at it's best. I loved the story and I loved the characters. Everyone got their deserved ending. I'm left with the characters in my mind, wishing I could know the rest of their story. Now I'm anxious to share the series with my kids.

Thanks Brandon Mull! You've become a favorite at my house. I recommend Beyonders for anyone who loves stories that make you want to skip sleeping and eating just so you can find out what happens next!
on March 22, 2016
After reading this I found that It's a good book, very imaginative and well written. I think this book is good enough to be made into a movie in three parts like J.R.R Tolkien's "THE HOBBIT".
I would also recommend this book to anyone that likes science fiction/fantasy type books.
on September 30, 2013
I bought the first book in the Beyonders series at Goodwill for 99cents, and loved it so much I immediately ordered the other two books from Amazon. I couldn't wait till they arrived to find out what happens. I haven't loved a series this much since Eragon or Inkheart. They are sold as books for 8-12 year olds, but even though I'm an adult, I find the plot rich and surprising, the characters well rounded with depth of feeling, some character flaws, and unique personalities. I will definitely buy more books by Brandon Mull.
on July 14, 2016
Book 2 of the trilogy The Beyonders. Fun light reading adventure. While it is geared for younger readers I enjoyed the story line and plot.
The trilogy will be passed on for others to read and enjoy. Just plain fun adventure and an enjoyable read.
on September 18, 2014
All the little details in this story are so well thought out. Everywhere our heroes go is another story waiting to be told. Each character is given just enough time to develop to the proper level, and our heroes are given plenty of development. The only issue for me was that this book was long; it dragged a little bit. But in the end, everything came together in a marvelous cliffhanger and all the extra parts & long dialogues & whatnot were so worth it.
on September 17, 2016
Originally bought for my son, but read them myself. I love each one of these in the series. Fantastic writing, story, plot, twists, etc. Brandon Mull is a great writer. I also loved the Fablehaven series. Those were excellent!
on May 4, 2013
Got these for my kids but I read all of the books they read so I started the series when my daughter did - I couldn't wait to get this one to finish the story! I got it for her birthday but she was still finishing book 2 so I nabbed this one when it came, lol. I loved the Fablehaven series, too. I try not to let my kids read poor writing, and I find Brandon Mull's books to have well-developed plots and characters; the characters are very three-dimensional. not just caricatures, which is especially hard with teen-aged characters, imo.
on April 22, 2012
Seeds of Rebellion is definitely an enjoyable read. Its blend of tried and true storytelling and Mull's sense of humor allow the reader to thoroughly enjoy every minute. Since Mull is writing the series like a single, extra-long book instead of three, details learned in the second book shed light in the first book. Obscure references in the first book to things such as drinlings, goma worms, Ithilum, etc. are explained in the second book which encouraged me to go back to the first book and read it again (for greater perspective). It's rare to find a book that becomes deeper after you read the sequel.
on July 15, 2012
Remember the first time you saw "Jurassic Park?" Remember the scene when Ellie and Alan are first on the island, riding in the jeep and Ellie is preoccupied with the leaf of some giant plant, trying to figure out how it could possibly exist? The jeep slows to a stop and Alan stands slowly, his hands trembling as he pulls off his sunglasses. He reaches for Ellie's head and turns her so she can see what he is seeing. It is their first glimpse and our first glimpse of the dinosaurs of Jurassic Park.

At the time, the special effects were so convincing, it felt like we were there with Ellie and Alan that we too were experiencing that joy at seeing something no one had seen in millions of years.

It is the beauty of discovering a new world and it is why sequels to such movies or books often pale in comparison. The new has worn off.

I felt that way reading Brandon Mull's "Seeds of Rebellion," the second in his Beyonders series. I had first discovered Mull in reading his Fablehaven series, a series I feel he ended too soon and so when he started a new series with "A World without Heroes," I was all on board. In general I have not enjoyed the Beyonders series as much as I did Fablehaven. I still highly recommend each book in the Fablehaven series.

The Beyonders series begins with "A World without Heroes" and without spoiling too much, follows two Beyonders--kids from our world--as they travel to a new and mystical land. The plot revolves around finding different syllables to a word that will destroy an evil wizard. Again, hopefully without too much spoilage, said word plays a part in the sequel too.

Brandon Mull excels at world building, perhaps not with the finesse or sheer joy that J.K. Rowling brings to her novels, but stunning in its own ways. Mull creates creatures like Lurkers, murderous shades and Displacers, who can remove body parts at will. His world includes half giants and in "Seeds of Rebellion," even zombies.

In the first book, Jason was the primary focus and in "Seeds of Rebellion," Mull seems to want to focus more on Rachel who is discovering new found powers. But the primary flaw of this novel is the overabundance of characters. I had a hard time keeping up with them or even remembering the ones from the last book. When certain characters died, I had a hard time caring because Mull had not spent sufficient time making me care about them. I wasn't invested in their lives.

The other problem with "Seeds of Rebellion" is that is seems like too much of a transitional novel, a book meant only to get characters to certain points so something big could happen in a later book. There was some action, but mostly characters spend far too much time talking, and, as I said before, really fascinating characters like Aram are built up in the beginning only to disappear in the crowd as Mull adds more and more new people.

Still, it's a good enough series to stick with and I do want to know what happens next.
on September 20, 2013
I am not much of a reader but these books are a great read. and the seller was amazing to work with they got us the book quickly and it was in perfect condition I would recomend you buy from this seller