Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

on October 7, 2017
AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING book series thus far! This was recommended to me by a friend after I finished reading something similar to warping from world to world and was left wanting more of the same theme. Brandon Mull is a fantastic writer who knows how to not only indulge in the imaginations of kids but also attract an older audience to his worlds too! (I hear FableHaven is just as good! Need to read that too, after this was so good!)

I am 24, whereas this book series was rated for 8-12 year olds. I have no regrets! This was a dynamite read! This is a great book and series which you will not regret getting for yourself or a friend. The characters - both good and evil - make you sit at the edge of your seat, ha ha. :D
on June 2, 2014
I love Brandon Mulls books! This series shows more depth and better character development than his earlier works. Don't get me wrong, Fablehaven is a series I absolutely adore, but there were a few things about the different characters that just didn't have enough of a learning arc throughout multiple books. I still enjoy reading them again, but in this new series his writing skills are getting even better!! The storyline is new and exciting, the characters grow and develop well from book to book, and the new twists to old fairytale creature are great! He has invented some great new cultures and races that are so different and fun! The world that we travel to is descriptive and captured my imagination hard and fast! I was IN the books, unable to return to reality for long stretches of time! I suggest all of his works to my friends and even strangers in stores who are searching with their kids for a great universe for them to explore! Keep up the great work Brandon Mull!!
on June 16, 2016
Like all of Brandon Mull's books, Seeds of Rebellion is packed with non-stop action sprinkled with wonderful, insightful dialogue.
In this sequel to the first Beyonders book (A World Without Heroes) the heroes are striving to unite the different free peoples to stand up to the evil emperor Maldor. And what a ride! Even better than the first book!
Even my 11 year old son couldn't get enough of this book and read it through in just a couple days!
on June 27, 2013
I absolutely loved Fablehaven, and I enjoyed The Candyshop War, so I had high hopes and expectations for Beyonders. Two books into it now, and I am just not engaged. I'll definitely read them all, but I'm not driven to read the next one immediately, like I was with Fablehaven. It is odd, because I am unable to say why. It has the quirky odd characters, and unique/immaginative, environments/worlds that I've come to expect from Brandon Mull. But, for some reason, it just feels flat to me. He says it is something he started writing when he was younger, before Fablehaven, so maybe it is just that it suffers from being started when he was less experienced. I told many people they had to read Fablehaven. I haven't recommended Beyonders to anyone.
on August 3, 2013
Both my son and I have read all of the books in the Beyonders and Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull, and my son has also completed The Candy Shop Wars set. He highly recommends them all, and for those that I have read, I whole-heartedly agree. Best target audience seems to be late elementary through middle school, and I suspect boys in general will like them better than girls. Having said that, they have been some of my favorite reading over the past couple of years as well -- great imagination, great character development, interesting plot twists, and continuing fast-paced action that makes them hard to put down. The Beyonders series is my personal favorite, but you won't be disappointed with any of them.
on March 13, 2013
Wow, I haven't plowed through a book series that fast in a long time! That should tell you what I think of entire Beyonders series--this is easy, fun, popcorn reading at it's best. I loved the story and I loved the characters. Everyone got their deserved ending. I'm left with the characters in my mind, wishing I could know the rest of their story. Now I'm anxious to share the series with my kids.

Thanks Brandon Mull! You've become a favorite at my house. I recommend Beyonders for anyone who loves stories that make you want to skip sleeping and eating just so you can find out what happens next!
on May 20, 2014
I'm a big fan of Mull. He has an imagination and creativity that is unmatched. Too many elements of fantasy books are cliches ripped from Tolkein. Mull manages to make Lyrian feel fresh and yet familiar. In this sequel, we get to see a while lot more of the world that was so exciting in "A World Without Heroes." A lot of books like this get bogged down in camping and walking scenes, but Mull keeps a brisk pace that keeps you turning the pages until long after you should have gone to bed or returned from your lunch break.
My only complaint is that the story seems out of balance. We have two protagonists, Jason and Rachel, and much like in the first book, the point of view is mostly from Jason's eyes unless Rachel is needed as a generic plot device. It makes Jason a great character that is growing up in front of us, but I think it wastes some potential for truly seeing the world through a second opinion. This was a strength in Mull's Fablehaven series that we don't get here.
Overall, though, I loved reading it and can't wait to read the next one. As an aspiring author myself (even if only in my dreams), I can say that this book reinforces what I already knew: out of the active authors currently writing, Mull is my writing inspiration. If I could write something like this, I'd quit my day job.
on September 30, 2013
I bought the first book in the Beyonders series at Goodwill for 99cents, and loved it so much I immediately ordered the other two books from Amazon. I couldn't wait till they arrived to find out what happens. I haven't loved a series this much since Eragon or Inkheart. They are sold as books for 8-12 year olds, but even though I'm an adult, I find the plot rich and surprising, the characters well rounded with depth of feeling, some character flaws, and unique personalities. I will definitely buy more books by Brandon Mull.
on May 4, 2013
Got these for my kids but I read all of the books they read so I started the series when my daughter did - I couldn't wait to get this one to finish the story! I got it for her birthday but she was still finishing book 2 so I nabbed this one when it came, lol. I loved the Fablehaven series, too. I try not to let my kids read poor writing, and I find Brandon Mull's books to have well-developed plots and characters; the characters are very three-dimensional. not just caricatures, which is especially hard with teen-aged characters, imo.
on November 20, 2014
This is the second of the Beyonders series by Mull. I have the complete 3-book series in both hardcover and audiobook, and we love it. The writing is tight and clean, the story is very original, fun and appropriate for almost all ages. In this book, much as he is glad to be back home, Jason has to figure out how to get back to the world of Lirian because he has learned something vital to the friends he left behind. Thus begins a new quest to defeat Maldor and bring peace and freedom to this magical world.