Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Fire TV Stick: $29.99. Offer ends 3/26/18 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18SW_gno

on June 5, 2014
"Proof of Heaven" opened new doors for me in a significant way, spiritually. Now, Dr. Eben Alexander takes the next step in helping the rest of us experience what he did in the afterlife. I've found the recordings in "Seeking Heaven" to penetrate more and more with each listening. I can feel deep-seated changes welling up, as a result. I recommend "Seeking Heaven" if you have at least a little experience with meditation or something like it. I say that because it's my belief that listening to it if you're nowhere near the "frequencies" of the sound could be either disappointing or even troubling (I experienced the latter after listening to Seeking Heaven while in a bad mood. It didn't lift my spirits but rather seemed to do the opposite).

In addition, I find myself getting annoyed by the woman narrating the production. She is obviously not a professional (she's the co-owner of the company that produced the recording)... and it shows. Her delivery is distracting and sounds like she's reading to a kindergartener. I wish the company - Sounds True - would have hired a professional to equal the quality and integrity that Dr. Alexander brings to "Seeking Heaven." Hopefully, if there's a "sequel," they'll boost the production values with a professional narrator/actor to do the narration.

Overall, I recommend "Seeking Heaven." And I applaud Dr. Alexander for all he's doing to raise the awareness and consciousness of people everywhere.
66 comments| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 20, 2013
While I had positive expectations buying these sound journeys, after reading Dr. Alexander's Proof of Heaven, listening to EMDR recordings, and various different sound based meditation techniques, including spending time with monks in a Cistercian monastery, and working guided meditations in a Buddhist retreat, this was the first that I found to be as moving as it was.

Have only listened to CD 1 and 2 so far and twice found the experience to be more intense than any other I have heard. Let me be clear, this is a positive experience. Found that both times in the sessions needed to stop and take a deep breath or two to be able to continue. Suspect that the process of letting go triggered an anxiety response at the moment.

In both monastery and in retreat the time to reach a centered relaxed yet attentive state from arrival was far longer than listening to this cd set for me. Am not yet able to vocalize precisely the experience and will work on that for a later update, however in the meantime feel tremendously centered and present - more so than while listening to any other CD set to date.

Footnote: Headphones are essential. Not noise cancelling ones. If you listen on an I-Pod as I did, the instructions state that you need to change the ripping settings to the highest quality WAVE ripping to catch all frequencies. The required disk space gobbled up by this process is worth it.
44 comments| 100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 10, 2014
I originally bought this via my Audible account, and the downloaded version was very small MB. After reading feedbacks, noting that my experience with the downloaded version didn't match up to what I was reading from other people's experiences, I got help from another person who commented on Seeking Heaven: Sound Journeys into the Beyond. He pointed out that his high quality transfer from CDs to his iTunes/iPod was a much bigger sound file.

This is a great CD, very thoughtful introduction and beautiful sound. I didn't have an "experience" but I think I should find time to do this in the day, not at the end of the day when I am tired and will fall asleep. This isn't magic, and I have to continue to work on developing a meditative mind and ability to focus. These CDs are a fantastic tool to help toward that goal. (Among others as well)

A perfect follow up to the book.
33 comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 17, 2014
After reading Dr. Alexander's book, 'Proof of Heaven,' I was eager to listen to his meditation CD in hopes of experiencing a deeper meditation and hopefully, in time, some sort of transformational moment. While the actual meditation sounds are excellent and I would highly recommend a new CD with just the meditation sounds, the voice of the meditation guide (Karen Newell I think), was distracting. When listening to the CD, just as I began to relax and slip into a meditative state, the guide would start to talk and snap me right back. It was difficult to wait for her to finish because she had long gaps between the words "let" and "go." I actually experienced her guidance on the CD as irritating.
33 comments| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I must preface this review by making it clear that I am creating this review as a resourceful amateur author/writer who is sharing this Seeking Heaven collection that I bought back in February 2015 from Amazon US. Additionally, at the time of the purchase I did not want to believe that I may have to reincarnate back on earth ever again even with having multiple blessings in my current life such as a loving husband, strong spiritual faith, my basic needs provided for etc. (due to my logic/intuitive awareness that I am always going to be judged in this current lifetime by how smart I’m perceived to be andor my physical attractiveness regardless if I want it this way or not). However, things have positively changed since Feb. 2015 in various areas of my life where I am more accepting of the possibility that I may have to reincarnate back on earth in a future lifetime. As a result, I listen to the three cd collection of Seeking Heaven: Sound Journeys Into the Beyond by Eben Alexander M.D. with Karen Newell as a way to help me decompress and see/experience more through the eyes of my soul/spirit. The good on this cd collection; The sounds on the cd are very calming and there is a good transition at the end of some of the journeys while gently letting the listener know when to wake up. However, the caveat is that the well-intentioned talking throughout the cds could have also been channeled more to remind the listener how long the talks on each of the three cds may last before going in to the journeys involving the background music (in case a person may want to listen to three cds interchangeably before going to sleep more often). For instance, on future cds, cd one could include a talk on track one will be talk for five minutes discussing what the cd is about while the other two tracks will be at least 15 minutes long of the background music, and so forth for the other two cds or whatever number of cds a future collection contains (it doesn’t have to be exactly this way, yet I just wanted to give a gentle suggestion). Aside from that caveat the Seeking Heaven journeys are a worthwhile purchase.
on October 13, 2013
Of course, anyone who is interested enough in Dr. Alexander's message to purchase these CDs would probably give a positive rating. I've had them just a few weeks since they first came out. Quality is fine. There are 3 CDs. Some of the sound tracks are short explanations/ synopsis of his message or key concepts from his book. Others are 30-minute meditations. A skeptic would be unlikely to purchase the book or these CDs.

I've found the meditations to have a calming influence on my life and to also stimulate my "inner self" concept. So far, I've followed the suggestion to listen to each meditation for a while (days) until I feel ready to try another. I still haven't listened to disc 3, but have been very pleased with what I've heard so far-- on the first two discs.

The sounds include chanting of Om and tinkling sounds and "space sounds" and "heartbeat sounds; the sounds are definitely designed to be heard through ear phones. The meditation works best if you are lying down and can chant along with parts of the sounds. While the immediate effect is not necessarily calming in the way I think of typical chants as "calming," I find the lasting impact afterward to be more calming than typical chants or meditation music. (Hard to explain!)

I think the name "Sound Journeys" are a great description of the experience. There is a female voice who provides calming instructions until the sounds take over and transport the listener. This is a different experience than listening to typical chanting or meditation music. You really need ear phones!!!! Not noise cancelling ones!!!!

If you've read the book and are willing to be open to the experience, I think you can have meaningful journeys. These are definitely meditations to which the listener can return again and again and again. The experience will build.

The only reason I didn't give it 5 out of 5 stars is that I wish the CDs had more meditations on them. I've read the book and had the pleasure of hearing Dr. Alexander speak in person, so I didn't need the "explanations" as much as someone who hasn't had those experiences.
0Comment| 106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 23, 2015
Impossible to review without feeling a pain in my chest.....wondeerful!!!!!!
on August 22, 2015
I have enjoyed, Seeking Heaven, it has helped me heal a deep pain I had in my legs and body. I can not thank Dr. Alexander for the sound journey.
Patricia Kimball
on March 7, 2016
One of the best products I've ever bought in this realm of things
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 23, 2014
I am relatively disappointed by the "sounds": of course, after reading M. Alexander's book I thought I would listen to "sounds" close to what he heard while in coma and out-of-mind.... was I misleaded???? The heart beat sounds are exquisite to "my mind" getting in tough with my own heart.The Om sound is very similar to the voices tibetain monks, so nothing new to my ears and to my brain waves. On the more negative side, the female reader is talking way too much, too long. I would say the same for Eben: even if what he says is quite profound,he speaks clear ,a lot and fast: this is a repeat of what he wrote in his book; takes away the benefits of the 30 min or so of sounds-brain waves-calming effect...there are 3 CD: as far as I my ears are concerned, they are repetitive in their content (sounds are the same)
I realized that the good old way of meditating, concentration,vigilant awareness of coming toughts and emotions, be observer of inner process and getting to know our own "soul" and stop the thinking proces.will take you to a similar place then this CD:takes more effort from the experiencer than lying down and putting earplugs on. However, this CD is a start...on your inner journey.
I appreciate M. Alexander's dedication to share his experience: I wish he would make another CD without verbal chatting. ONE CD with brain altering waves with sounds only is what I am looking for.