Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

on November 20, 2013
While I had positive expectations buying these sound journeys, after reading Dr. Alexander's Proof of Heaven, listening to EMDR recordings, and various different sound based meditation techniques, including spending time with monks in a Cistercian monastery, and working guided meditations in a Buddhist retreat, this was the first that I found to be as moving as it was.

Have only listened to CD 1 and 2 so far and twice found the experience to be more intense than any other I have heard. Let me be clear, this is a positive experience. Found that both times in the sessions needed to stop and take a deep breath or two to be able to continue. Suspect that the process of letting go triggered an anxiety response at the moment.

In both monastery and in retreat the time to reach a centered relaxed yet attentive state from arrival was far longer than listening to this cd set for me. Am not yet able to vocalize precisely the experience and will work on that for a later update, however in the meantime feel tremendously centered and present - more so than while listening to any other CD set to date.

Footnote: Headphones are essential. Not noise cancelling ones. If you listen on an I-Pod as I did, the instructions state that you need to change the ripping settings to the highest quality WAVE ripping to catch all frequencies. The required disk space gobbled up by this process is worth it.
44 comments| 100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 13, 2013
Of course, anyone who is interested enough in Dr. Alexander's message to purchase these CDs would probably give a positive rating. I've had them just a few weeks since they first came out. Quality is fine. There are 3 CDs. Some of the sound tracks are short explanations/ synopsis of his message or key concepts from his book. Others are 30-minute meditations. A skeptic would be unlikely to purchase the book or these CDs.

I've found the meditations to have a calming influence on my life and to also stimulate my "inner self" concept. So far, I've followed the suggestion to listen to each meditation for a while (days) until I feel ready to try another. I still haven't listened to disc 3, but have been very pleased with what I've heard so far-- on the first two discs.

The sounds include chanting of Om and tinkling sounds and "space sounds" and "heartbeat sounds; the sounds are definitely designed to be heard through ear phones. The meditation works best if you are lying down and can chant along with parts of the sounds. While the immediate effect is not necessarily calming in the way I think of typical chants as "calming," I find the lasting impact afterward to be more calming than typical chants or meditation music. (Hard to explain!)

I think the name "Sound Journeys" are a great description of the experience. There is a female voice who provides calming instructions until the sounds take over and transport the listener. This is a different experience than listening to typical chanting or meditation music. You really need ear phones!!!! Not noise cancelling ones!!!!

If you've read the book and are willing to be open to the experience, I think you can have meaningful journeys. These are definitely meditations to which the listener can return again and again and again. The experience will build.

The only reason I didn't give it 5 out of 5 stars is that I wish the CDs had more meditations on them. I've read the book and had the pleasure of hearing Dr. Alexander speak in person, so I didn't need the "explanations" as much as someone who hasn't had those experiences.
0Comment| 106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 23, 2015
I have been listening to this CD for over 17 months now and the meditations have had a very palpable effect on me. I enjoy all of it but return every night before I go to sleep to, at least the first meditation which is primarily the sound of Aum. How amazing to put on headphones and hear that glorious sound at will! I feel a greater sense of peace and comfort that walks with me through my days. I am also seeing synchronicity in my life, little miracles if you will, feeling more and more connected to the ALL that is :) These recordings feel to me, to be a rocket ship to deep meditation. They are close to Dr. Alexanders first hand experiences, what a gift to all of us who care to listen! I have as a result purchased other cd's from the Monroe Institute as well and am looking forward to purchasing a package of cd's from sacred acoustics too. The more you listen the more profound it becomes. Good headphones are a must. There is great value here for the spiritually inclined :)
on July 20, 2014
I loved his book and found it very inspiring and looked forward to the meditation dvd. Most would buy the dvd BECAUSE they read the book and do not need all the talking and instruction. It's impossible to relax and and get into a meditation mode when someone is telling you to "relax your body, relax your mind". I jumped around trying to find a track without talking and gave up after becoming very irritated after several tries. If the producer would say upfront this is for beginners who want instruction it would be more informative.
11 comment| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 6, 2013
Dr. Alexander's near-death-experience is an amazing story by itself but I wish to write about the brainwave entrainment tracks in this product. Those tracks are supposed to help the listener to reproduce similar states of consciousness that Dr. Alexander experienced during his coma.

I have been trying various audio entrainment technologies in order to boost my meditation practice, for more than a dozen years, and I have always had the same problems: a) I got adverse side-effects due to my sensitive constitution and, thus, could not listen to it, or b) it simply did not have any effect on me at all. This brainwave entrainment product is the first one that really works on me. It speeds up the achievement of a desired state of consciousness and deepens my meditation without giving me a head-ache: that's why I give all 5 stars!
11 comment| 139 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 29, 2017
Of course this is something out of the ordinary for most. Just my opinion but I would have used the doctors voice guiding and commenting in more of a personal and one to one manner and not some glossy shiny professional company. They kind of throw you into it in a cold way. Not that you can't follow along but it did nothing for me-and most people will not want to spend the possibly weeks on each disk before moving on to the next. Could it be the doctor is out to make some easy money? There are much better ways to work on consciousness exploration found in the books, youtubes and cd's of William Buhlman, Robert Peterson or Graham Nichols.
on April 10, 2015
The angel's voice doesn't feel like she is completely present and that she has actually experienced what she is presentlng.
At times it feels like she's reading rather than speaking from her heart.
I would have liked the explanation on one CD and the music on another.
on November 4, 2013
I got off to an inauspicious start, as my CD player ate disc 1! Undeterred, I began listening to disc 2 over the weekend going though two 30 minute meditations. I felt as though it hadn't made a huge impact, except that it was very intense and I am an optimistic person. The fact that these were sounds as close to what Dr. Alexander experienced in his NDE I found very exciting. By Sunday evening(after one session Saturday and one Sunday) I began to feel very peaceful and happy.

On Monday, I have to be honest, I feel more peaceful & happy than I can ever remember that isn't related to specific life events. I have found myself repeating the phrase "I have thoughts, but I am not my thoughts, I am an eternal being" It is a peace and knowing that appears to be in a new dimension for me.... stay tuned.....
0Comment| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 24, 2015
I have found semi-snyc in general and "seeking heaven" in particular very very relaxing, and have actually checked my blood pressure after listening and it is consistently about 15 points lower on systolic. I would like to know what exactly my "thought" or "non-thoughts" should be - I always have some type of image in my head when listening, though I try not to think about the days events or problems or what for dinner - when concentrating on breathing I will always have some image like the room Im in in my head, even with eye masks - Not sure how to get to "just your awareness" with mental images going thru my head - I can easily come from a neutral perspective when thoughts occur - If you read this Dr. Alexander, do you have any suggestions/comments? thanks Kevin B
I must preface this review by making it clear that I am creating this review as a resourceful amateur author/writer who is sharing this Seeking Heaven collection that I bought back in February 2015 from Amazon US. Additionally, at the time of the purchase I did not want to believe that I may have to reincarnate back on earth ever again even with having multiple blessings in my current life such as a loving husband, strong spiritual faith, my basic needs provided for etc. (due to my logic/intuitive awareness that I am always going to be judged in this current lifetime by how smart I’m perceived to be andor my physical attractiveness regardless if I want it this way or not). However, things have positively changed since Feb. 2015 in various areas of my life where I am more accepting of the possibility that I may have to reincarnate back on earth in a future lifetime. As a result, I listen to the three cd collection of Seeking Heaven: Sound Journeys Into the Beyond by Eben Alexander M.D. with Karen Newell as a way to help me decompress and see/experience more through the eyes of my soul/spirit. The good on this cd collection; The sounds on the cd are very calming and there is a good transition at the end of some of the journeys while gently letting the listener know when to wake up. However, the caveat is that the well-intentioned talking throughout the cds could have also been channeled more to remind the listener how long the talks on each of the three cds may last before going in to the journeys involving the background music (in case a person may want to listen to three cds interchangeably before going to sleep more often). For instance, on future cds, cd one could include a talk on track one will be talk for five minutes discussing what the cd is about while the other two tracks will be at least 15 minutes long of the background music, and so forth for the other two cds or whatever number of cds a future collection contains (it doesn’t have to be exactly this way, yet I just wanted to give a gentle suggestion). Aside from that caveat the Seeking Heaven journeys are a worthwhile purchase.