Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon startrek startrek startrek  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on November 20, 2013
While I had positive expectations buying these sound journeys, after reading Dr. Alexander's Proof of Heaven, listening to EMDR recordings, and various different sound based meditation techniques, including spending time with monks in a Cistercian monastery, and working guided meditations in a Buddhist retreat, this was the first that I found to be as moving as it was.

Have only listened to CD 1 and 2 so far and twice found the experience to be more intense than any other I have heard. Let me be clear, this is a positive experience. Found that both times in the sessions needed to stop and take a deep breath or two to be able to continue. Suspect that the process of letting go triggered an anxiety response at the moment.

In both monastery and in retreat the time to reach a centered relaxed yet attentive state from arrival was far longer than listening to this cd set for me. Am not yet able to vocalize precisely the experience and will work on that for a later update, however in the meantime feel tremendously centered and present - more so than while listening to any other CD set to date.

Footnote: Headphones are essential. Not noise cancelling ones. If you listen on an I-Pod as I did, the instructions state that you need to change the ripping settings to the highest quality WAVE ripping to catch all frequencies. The required disk space gobbled up by this process is worth it.
44 comments| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 6, 2013
Dr. Alexander's near-death-experience is an amazing story by itself but I wish to write about the brainwave entrainment tracks in this product. Those tracks are supposed to help the listener to reproduce similar states of consciousness that Dr. Alexander experienced during his coma.

I have been trying various audio entrainment technologies in order to boost my meditation practice, for more than a dozen years, and I have always had the same problems: a) I got adverse side-effects due to my sensitive constitution and, thus, could not listen to it, or b) it simply did not have any effect on me at all. This brainwave entrainment product is the first one that really works on me. It speeds up the achievement of a desired state of consciousness and deepens my meditation without giving me a head-ache: that's why I give all 5 stars!
11 comment| 137 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 13, 2013
Of course, anyone who is interested enough in Dr. Alexander's message to purchase these CDs would probably give a positive rating. I've had them just a few weeks since they first came out. Quality is fine. There are 3 CDs. Some of the sound tracks are short explanations/ synopsis of his message or key concepts from his book. Others are 30-minute meditations. A skeptic would be unlikely to purchase the book or these CDs.

I've found the meditations to have a calming influence on my life and to also stimulate my "inner self" concept. So far, I've followed the suggestion to listen to each meditation for a while (days) until I feel ready to try another. I still haven't listened to disc 3, but have been very pleased with what I've heard so far-- on the first two discs.

The sounds include chanting of Om and tinkling sounds and "space sounds" and "heartbeat sounds; the sounds are definitely designed to be heard through ear phones. The meditation works best if you are lying down and can chant along with parts of the sounds. While the immediate effect is not necessarily calming in the way I think of typical chants as "calming," I find the lasting impact afterward to be more calming than typical chants or meditation music. (Hard to explain!)

I think the name "Sound Journeys" are a great description of the experience. There is a female voice who provides calming instructions until the sounds take over and transport the listener. This is a different experience than listening to typical chanting or meditation music. You really need ear phones!!!! Not noise cancelling ones!!!!

If you've read the book and are willing to be open to the experience, I think you can have meaningful journeys. These are definitely meditations to which the listener can return again and again and again. The experience will build.

The only reason I didn't give it 5 out of 5 stars is that I wish the CDs had more meditations on them. I've read the book and had the pleasure of hearing Dr. Alexander speak in person, so I didn't need the "explanations" as much as someone who hasn't had those experiences.
0Comment| 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 2, 2013
I read Proof of Heaven and heard Eben Alexander speak at an Edgar Cayce Center. He is amazing and so is his CD Seeking Heaving. It takes Meditation to another level. Thank you for transitioning us to our next evolutionary plateau! Dr. Alexander will have two additional books based on his original NDE with information omitted from Proof of Heaven to better relay his initial message of "Consciousness". I am so looking forward to this.
11 comment| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 20, 2014
These 4 half-hour binaural sessions are very relaxing and even improve my breathing. I take fuller, deeper breaths while using them. I also experience deep, meditative states during them.
on June 7, 2014
The meditations would be great without the female narrating. Her voice is so distracting and she really sounds like she is addressing children who need to be talked to very very slowly in order to understand her instructions. I hope that they leave any narration out of subsequent meditation CDs.
on August 23, 2015
I like the music, don't like the woman's voice, had hoped for more time without her intrusion.
I must preface this review by making it clear that I am creating this review as a resourceful amateur author/writer who is sharing this Seeking Heaven collection that I bought back in February 2015 from Amazon US. Additionally, at the time of the purchase I did not want to believe that I may have to reincarnate back on earth ever again even with having multiple blessings in my current life such as a loving husband, strong spiritual faith, my basic needs provided for etc. (due to my logic/intuitive awareness that I am always going to be judged in this current lifetime by how smart I’m perceived to be andor my physical attractiveness regardless if I want it this way or not). However, things have positively changed since Feb. 2015 in various areas of my life where I am more accepting of the possibility that I may have to reincarnate back on earth in a future lifetime. As a result, I listen to the three cd collection of Seeking Heaven: Sound Journeys Into the Beyond by Eben Alexander M.D. with Karen Newell as a way to help me decompress and see/experience more through the eyes of my soul/spirit. The good on this cd collection; The sounds on the cd are very calming and there is a good transition at the end of some of the journeys while gently letting the listener know when to wake up. However, the caveat is that the well-intentioned talking throughout the cds could have also been channeled more to remind the listener how long the talks on each of the three cds may last before going in to the journeys involving the background music (in case a person may want to listen to three cds interchangeably before going to sleep more often). For instance, on future cds, cd one could include a talk on track one will be talk for five minutes discussing what the cd is about while the other two tracks will be at least 15 minutes long of the background music, and so forth for the other two cds or whatever number of cds a future collection contains (it doesn’t have to be exactly this way, yet I just wanted to give a gentle suggestion). Aside from that caveat the Seeking Heaven journeys are a worthwhile purchase.
on January 28, 2015
Excellent. Listen daily, and over weeks, notice the difference in your overall level of optimism, positivity, and sense of calm.
on November 18, 2014
Karen Newell's contrived and robotic commentary is a MAJOR flaw. She just doesn't 'have it'.
11 comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse