Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by NERD Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 20, 2013
While I had positive expectations buying these sound journeys, after reading Dr. Alexander's Proof of Heaven, listening to EMDR recordings, and various different sound based meditation techniques, including spending time with monks in a Cistercian monastery, and working guided meditations in a Buddhist retreat, this was the first that I found to be as moving as it was.

Have only listened to CD 1 and 2 so far and twice found the experience to be more intense than any other I have heard. Let me be clear, this is a positive experience. Found that both times in the sessions needed to stop and take a deep breath or two to be able to continue. Suspect that the process of letting go triggered an anxiety response at the moment.

In both monastery and in retreat the time to reach a centered relaxed yet attentive state from arrival was far longer than listening to this cd set for me. Am not yet able to vocalize precisely the experience and will work on that for a later update, however in the meantime feel tremendously centered and present - more so than while listening to any other CD set to date.

Footnote: Headphones are essential. Not noise cancelling ones. If you listen on an I-Pod as I did, the instructions state that you need to change the ripping settings to the highest quality WAVE ripping to catch all frequencies. The required disk space gobbled up by this process is worth it.
44 comments| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 6, 2013
Dr. Alexander's near-death-experience is an amazing story by itself but I wish to write about the brainwave entrainment tracks in this product. Those tracks are supposed to help the listener to reproduce similar states of consciousness that Dr. Alexander experienced during his coma.

I have been trying various audio entrainment technologies in order to boost my meditation practice, for more than a dozen years, and I have always had the same problems: a) I got adverse side-effects due to my sensitive constitution and, thus, could not listen to it, or b) it simply did not have any effect on me at all. This brainwave entrainment product is the first one that really works on me. It speeds up the achievement of a desired state of consciousness and deepens my meditation without giving me a head-ache: that's why I give all 5 stars!
11 comment| 137 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 13, 2013
Of course, anyone who is interested enough in Dr. Alexander's message to purchase these CDs would probably give a positive rating. I've had them just a few weeks since they first came out. Quality is fine. There are 3 CDs. Some of the sound tracks are short explanations/ synopsis of his message or key concepts from his book. Others are 30-minute meditations. A skeptic would be unlikely to purchase the book or these CDs.

I've found the meditations to have a calming influence on my life and to also stimulate my "inner self" concept. So far, I've followed the suggestion to listen to each meditation for a while (days) until I feel ready to try another. I still haven't listened to disc 3, but have been very pleased with what I've heard so far-- on the first two discs.

The sounds include chanting of Om and tinkling sounds and "space sounds" and "heartbeat sounds; the sounds are definitely designed to be heard through ear phones. The meditation works best if you are lying down and can chant along with parts of the sounds. While the immediate effect is not necessarily calming in the way I think of typical chants as "calming," I find the lasting impact afterward to be more calming than typical chants or meditation music. (Hard to explain!)

I think the name "Sound Journeys" are a great description of the experience. There is a female voice who provides calming instructions until the sounds take over and transport the listener. This is a different experience than listening to typical chanting or meditation music. You really need ear phones!!!! Not noise cancelling ones!!!!

If you've read the book and are willing to be open to the experience, I think you can have meaningful journeys. These are definitely meditations to which the listener can return again and again and again. The experience will build.

The only reason I didn't give it 5 out of 5 stars is that I wish the CDs had more meditations on them. I've read the book and had the pleasure of hearing Dr. Alexander speak in person, so I didn't need the "explanations" as much as someone who hasn't had those experiences.
0Comment| 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 2, 2013
I read Proof of Heaven and heard Eben Alexander speak at an Edgar Cayce Center. He is amazing and so is his CD Seeking Heaving. It takes Meditation to another level. Thank you for transitioning us to our next evolutionary plateau! Dr. Alexander will have two additional books based on his original NDE with information omitted from Proof of Heaven to better relay his initial message of "Consciousness". I am so looking forward to this.
11 comment| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 29, 2017
Of course this is something out of the ordinary for most. Just my opinion but I would have used the doctors voice guiding and commenting in more of a personal and one to one manner and not some glossy shiny professional company. They kind of throw you into it in a cold way. Not that you can't follow along but it did nothing for me-and most people will not want to spend the possibly weeks on each disk before moving on to the next. Could it be the doctor is out to make some easy money? There are much better ways to work on consciousness exploration found in the books, youtubes and cd's of William Buhlman, Robert Peterson or Graham Nichols.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 20, 2014
These 4 half-hour binaural sessions are very relaxing and even improve my breathing. I take fuller, deeper breaths while using them. I also experience deep, meditative states during them.
on February 24, 2015
I have found semi-snyc in general and "seeking heaven" in particular very very relaxing, and have actually checked my blood pressure after listening and it is consistently about 15 points lower on systolic. I would like to know what exactly my "thought" or "non-thoughts" should be - I always have some type of image in my head when listening, though I try not to think about the days events or problems or what for dinner - when concentrating on breathing I will always have some image like the room Im in in my head, even with eye masks - Not sure how to get to "just your awareness" with mental images going thru my head - I can easily come from a neutral perspective when thoughts occur - If you read this Dr. Alexander, do you have any suggestions/comments? thanks Kevin B
on June 7, 2014
The meditations would be great without the female narrating. Her voice is so distracting and she really sounds like she is addressing children who need to be talked to very very slowly in order to understand her instructions. I hope that they leave any narration out of subsequent meditation CDs.
on August 23, 2015
I like the music, don't like the woman's voice, had hoped for more time without her intrusion.
on May 18, 2015
I loved the books and videos with Dr. Alexander. His message is terrific. This meditation experience is quite good, but the voice work by the woman is very distracting. For me, her tone is robotic and not at all conducive to the meditation process. Eben Alexander's explanations are excellent, so I wish he had done the meditation processes himself, as well. With a better vocal for the induction process, this would definitely be a 5-star review.