Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 1, 2013
Activated it on Steam, No probs at all.
At the time I got it cheaper than the price on steam
on November 17, 2011
I've put a good 10 hours into this game so far, and it's been quite enjoyable. If you're a sonic fan, this is the game to consider.
on November 6, 2011
When i first got it installed through steam it wouldn't let me play because it said i didn't have a compatible graphics card. I managed to fix this buy updating my graphics card because the Toshiba website doesn't have the most up to date one on there drivers page. So i let device manager grab a new better driver (no joke its amazing) and then the game let me pass. This is a pretty heavy game graphics wise. If you have integrated graphics, the best game you can play is Minecraft. By switching it to 16 bit color, installing gamebooster, and by dumbing the resolution down, i was able to reduce the lag. This still reduces the games quality. Besides that SEGA always puts the best music in to there games, and the parts that don't lag are amazing.
33 comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 19, 2014
I downloaded the game for my son to play, but found out afterwards that my computer doesn't have the right graphics card to play it. Hopefully, with an update or new computer, we'll be able to play it someday.
on January 15, 2015
Can not play on any of my computers. Every computer I tried it with comes with an error that no video was detected. Wasted my money and there is no phone number to call for assistance.
on July 19, 2014
This game has a lot of lag and it does not go away.
if there is a way to get rid of the lag please let me know.
I don't think its fair to pay $14.99 for a slow game.
on March 1, 2013
This is an awesome games at awesome price, A great classic reinvented for our enjoy! You don't feel that you're wasting your money!
on January 22, 2013
This game is fun to play every now and again, but it is really hard to get set up.

This game is ran through Steam, and if you don't already have Steam installed it was difficult. Amazon downloads a >7GB file, and then if you don't have Steam, it makes you get that, then the 7GB file is gone and you have to download it again through Steam. It was kinda frustrating.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 9, 2011
I downloaded sonic genrations on the 5th of november I couldnt wait to get my hands on this game. I've been playing Sonic the hedgehog games since i was 8 years old and LOVED the idea of the 2D sonic I grew up on mixed with the awesomeness of the morden 3D Sonic. (The biggest Issue I found out was the use of Steam, When I downloaded it from amazon.com I was upset to relize I had to down-load something else. A little info about that on they're page would of ben apreshated) Yet minus that minor hip-cup on the part of amazon.com I loved the game. (Even with the lack of being able to play Shadow, Love that hedgehog)

The story is pretty simple an evil creature is eatting time making both classic sonic and morden sonic meet up in this white and colorless world where time doesnt exsist between the two of them speeding threw time they repair all the damanged this evil black monster has caused. After they complete the few but fun lvls (3 Rival fights (Metal Sonic, Shadow and Silver) and 3 main boss fights (Death Egg, Perfect Chaos and Egg Dragoon) before the end they find out who's behind it all and why. Defeat this evil and save time as we know it.

The game play is great! each lvl has 2 acts Act 1 you play as 2d Sonic which brought back alot of childhood memories for me. (Mostly playing Chemical Plan and Sky Sanctuary zone) Oddly my favorate for 2d sonic turned out to be Crisis City from Sonic The Hedgehog 2006!!! The whole game was amazing.
Act 2 you're morden 3d sonic which was also a blast! It took all the fun from Sonic Unleased without all the anyoying were-hog stuff (and the countless deaths his terr-a-bad camera angles caused) The lock on system was easy as pie and he was really easy to control. (From what I read sonic games have had bad camera angles before this, noteably sonic the hedgehog 2006, which i never played) It was a pleasure to play this game from both 2d and 3d. There is also tons of unlockables and challenges that are 90% optional (If you beat them all more of the world becomes colorized I myself and wondering what will happen) The newest feature is the skills where you can buy and set up your skills depending on your play style.

So, here comes the negative stuff, the PC verson kinda sucks. It's laggy as hell, half the time i miss a S rank because the game slows down or lags to my comands threw my x-box 360 controller. The game is great but if you have x-box 360 or a PS3 get the verson of the game for you consule. Sadly all i have is a PC so I'll deal with the terrable lag from Steam's servers (It's not my lap top, i own a gaming lap top from when i was a WOW addict.) I'd stay away from the pc verson if you can. Minus that great game Sega and tons of fun! I'd recomend this to ANY Sonic fan. (Yes yes, even you fans who think Shadow the Hedgehog was a bad game too ;) )
review image
on January 1, 2012
I bought this for my son and he absolutely loves the game. There is one warning to note.

If you plan on using a game controller instead of the Keyboard - YOU MUST BUY THE X-BOX 360 USB CONTROLLER!!!!!

There is a game glitch with third party controllers where Sonic will move uncontrollably left. The only really good solution is to use the controller that the game was made for - X-Box 360 USB Controller.

Just google SONIC GENERATIONS LEFT BUG and you'll see even more on this.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.