Sega Game Gear handheld video game console
- Zilog Z80 (8-bit) 3.5 MHz processor
- Resolution: 160 x 144 pixels
- Colors Available: 4096
- Audio: 4-channel tone generator composed of three square waves and one white noise channel
- RAM: 24 KB
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The Sega Game Gear is a 8-bit portable game system that features 160x144 resolution and full color gameplay.
Game Gear goes everywhere so you can play in the car, on the bus, or waiting in line. Play the hottest video games from a huge selection of arcade, sports, and action titles. The full-color, hi-resolution 3.2-inch backlit LCD screen gives great detail, even in the dark! It features 32 blazing colors for arcade-quality graphics and animation.
Top customer reviews
1. It uses 6 AA batteries at a time and lasts between 2-4 hours, depending on the battery. Those backlit graphics and excellent sound come at a price. I recommend getting an AC adapter.
2. The Powerback rechargeable battery, which used to attach to the original Game Gear manufactured by Sega via a screw in the back, will not attach to these new ones produced by Majesco. The screwhole in the back is covered in plastic, and my attempt at drilling a hole failed as the screw will not stay in the unthreaded plastic.
3. I heard that the TV tuner made for the original Gear won't work with these new units either. I have not confirmed this myself.
4. Though the number of different games is plentiful, they are harder to find than for other portables. I have yet to find a retail store that carries them. Your best bet is online or at a used game store.