Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Seidio BD2-HWSSGS4-BGOBEX Waterproof Case and Holster Combo for Samsung Galaxy S4 - Retail Packaging - Black/Gray
|Price:||$65.99 + $4.88 shipping|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Case meets the IP68 rating, signifying that it is both dust-tight and protected against complete, continuous submersion
- Exceeds the MIL-STD-810F standard and can survive drops from up to 6 feet
- Soft rubber stoppers keep dust and liquids out of headphone and USB ports while still allowing easy access in dry conditions
- Spring-clip lifts for easy access while it securely holds your Samsung GALAXY S4 with a top-clip that locks
- Designed so your Samsung GALAXY S4 remains fully functional for daily use
- Case meets the IP68 rating, signifying that it is both dust-tight and protected against complete, continuous submersion^Meets the MIL-STD-810F test, which evaluates the case from 6 feet drops at multiple angles^Soft rubber stoppers keep dust and liquids out of headphone and USB ports while still allowing easy access in dry conditions^Spring-clip lifts for easy access while it securely holds your Samsung GALAXY S4 with a top-clip that locks^Designed so your Samsung GALAXY S4 remains fully functional for daily use
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Protecting your Samsung GALAXY S4 is not always easy, but Seidio's OBEX utilizes advanced technology that not only safeguards your device against drops, but also keeps external elements from damaging your device. This daily use case will protect you from water and accidental coffee spills, inclement weather including rain and snow, and from the dirt and grit of everyday activities. We have simplified the OBEX design to ensure that your GALAXY S4 is protected at the highest level possible in the form of a slim and sleek case that is easy to install and devoid of any loose parts or covers. Our unique tunneling design enables true passage of sound, while the built-in screen protector promotes touch sensitivity and clarity. OBEX will give you the ultimate protection -anytime, anywhere.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. It doesn't add much bulk- For all the protection it offers, its quite a slim design compared to others I've seen.
2. Sound is exceptional. As I've read and experienced, this is a major complaint for most all other waterproof cases. People can hear me and I can hear them. Anyone that experiences this issue has not turned off "noise canceling" as the instructions suggest.
3. Touch sensitivitiy is unaffected.- I have found ZERO loss of touch screen sensitivity on this case.
4. Screen protector scratch resistance- I am always concerned the clear screen protector that is built into the case will scratch and degrade over time. The case is built with a clear plastic screen cover that features a 4H hardness rating. (search "pencil hardness") Although I haven't had the case that long yet, time will tell its overall durability. But at least Seidio is stating their screen protector hardness standard and not just saying "scratch resistant".
5. Waterproof rating is everything I expect- Another reviewer gave it a low rating for its waterproof attibute because they took it diving. C'mon really? Diving??? The case can go down 1 meter (3.3 feet) under water for continious submersion or 2 meters (6.6 feet) for up to 30 minutes. My phone comes with me kayak fishing in the ocean, but if you want a dive case, this case is not for you.
6. Wearability of port latch -For charging and audio connections to this case there is a waterproof port latch that is molded into the case that must be opened regularly. At first glance I thought the plastic hinge would quickly wear out. After looking closer it is NOT plastic but actually rubber and very ingeniously designed to keep water out. Sedieo states it has been tested for xxx amount of wear cycles. Time will tell for sure, but it is clear that the design and engineering was well thought out in this critical area.
7. Piece of mind- If the addage is true "you get what you pay for", this case applies for a reasonable level of protection and insurance against damage. You paid good money for your phone. You know its not a matter of "if" but "how often" you are going to drop your phone. Then there are those of us that will never admit you have ever sent you phone through the wash machine....
Hope this helps
My only issue is that the charging port cover fell off, rendering the case not waterproof and useless for what I require. Also the screen cover was well scratched up within a few weeks. So I wish I could order the top and bottom pieces separate. But when the charging port cover came off, I decided to not order another one, as I knew it would happen again.
*Durablity: I have a tendency to drop my phone and it saves it every time.
*Screen Protector: It's been through many purses and bag lady bags which would have various things in it like knives, metal, books, pens, I'm basically Marry Poppins when I go to work. As mentioned before I drop the phone and on many different surfaces on a regular. No scratches.
Waterproof: *I work in video and photography shoots which means in all weather. I used to laugh in torrential rains, as well as take the phone into the shower with me. I'm pretty sure I would take it other places too. Of course don't be stupid and submerge it in water for long periods of time and or deep water.
*Case clip is handy to put on my belt when working and I don't have to worry about forgetting it, people stealing it, falling out of pocket or sitting on it.
*Never had an issue with sound quality. I can hear everyone and everyone can hear me.
*Case doesn't really make the phone bulky. I can easily put it in my back pocket and I have girl pants, which means small pockets and tight pants.
*The rubber parts break off after a year and the whole point of having this case over other cases was the waterproof aspect. This is an issue because of my line of work and one job that is outside so happens to land during the rainy season. The chance of it raining is about 50%. The phone is a key element to my job and I need to keep it dry.
*It's kind of expensive to have it replaced because of a default of the product's rubber and I do not have that kind of money in my budget for things like this.
Most recent customer reviews
Bought Seidio Obex case for Galaxy S4.Read more
Also dropped my phone once it fell down some stairs and my phone was perfectly fine will buy again
The holster is flimsy and broke in two weeks.