Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 6, 2014
UPDATE 10/6/2016 : Its been like what, 2 years since I bought this little red TV and its still going strong. Cant say the same for the remote. Two things come to mind though...

1. WHY HAS THIS AWESOME TV BEEN DISCONTINUED?!?!

2. The price has shot through the roof for the remaining units, so sadly if mine bites the dust I will not be able to get another one.... such is life I guess

vvvvvv----Original review below---- vvvvvv

My first impression when turning it on was "HOLY CRAP!!!". I was not expecting it to pack such a potent sound system, within moments of popping in Destiny on my Xbox One this TV surprised me with its sound system, literally every thing on the table vibrated and shook around when the Destiny title screen came on.

Now the picture is not the best out of the box, its actually to my eyes a little washed out, but if you fine tune the picture in the very intuitive system menu and knock the brightness back a few notches it becomes very crisp, crisper than my brothers 32 inch Vizio.
My settings were 52 Contrast, 49 Brightness, 12 Sharpness, everything else was left alone.

The TV does in fact pack a Potent 2.1 Sound System with YAMAHA amplifier chips in it so there is no need for a sound bar. Also Fun Fact , the carry handle on the back of the TV set is also the subwoofers Bass-Reflex Port. I just didnt belive the claims on the box because a lot of manufacturers tend to lie hence why I was so surprised.
The sound is also kinda hollow sounding out of the box so you do have to tailor the Bass and Treble contols to your tastes, I personally like the Bass at 100 and the Treble at 84 with surround enabled.

(Note on the surround switch FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY LEAVE IT ON!!! by turning it off it makes the TV sound like the worst thing in the world, the bass is shut off and the sound becomes nasally and horrid.)

I Impulse bought this set on the Retro look alone and ,let me tell you, it looks better in person. The shiny red paint job, the big silver power knob, the chrome feet just everything is awesome about this TV set and the looks alone cure all the little nitpicks I stated above. This TV to me deserves its 5 stars!

(EDIT: Included the settings I have on the TV)
11 comment|Report abuse
on November 9, 2014
I bought this after my Cats knocked over/broke my other TV. This one is sturdy (and cute), and the top is slanted, so the cats haven't tried to sit on top either. Works great - has 3 HDMI and 1 USB and component inputs & Cable input. It also has on internal HD antenna that allows access to a limited number of free HD local channels (depending on where you live) if you want to go basic and skip cable (I haven't used it yet, but I'm considering it - and adding an external HD antenna). I wish it came in other colors, but red is growing on me. The legs were easy to screw on. One minor flaw - there is one pixel that is not working - I hardly ever notice it except in a very dark scene; too much trouble to r-ebox and send back. Only other minor flaw is that my Cable box ALMOST fits under the TV, but doesn't quite...Not really their fault. I also love that in the settings, you can change the sound options - the sub woofer is powerful, I had to turn it down. I did have to fiddle with the settings and picture quality to get a better image than initial set up, but it looks great. I also turned on the closed captioning when the sound is off, so if I get a phone call, I can still follow along with a show. I love that it has the retro knobs and dials - so if you (or your kids or my cats) hide the remote - you can still use the TV) Price fluctuates - started at $179, I bought at $119. I can't figure out where to upload the product photo of the input ports. Will try later.

Be sure to check the price when you buy this - when I bought it - in June it was $179, then got down to $119 in July (when I bought it). In December, I guess for Christmas - it is now at $299 - $399 too much for this TV, though it is a good TV, jut not worth all that
11 comment|Report abuse
on July 10, 2014
I bought this "retro" TV for my bedroom because I wanted something other than the usual black or gray industrial looking TVs that I usually see. This one makes me smile every time I walk in to the room. it looks bulky but it is actually very light. I carried it upstairs myself after I took it out of the box downstairs. The box and packing materials it came in are heavy, but the TV itself has a built-in handle which makes it easy to carry. It was easy to attach the 3 legs.
Sometimes I'm confused as to what this TV reminds me of-- it reminds me of something I would have seen on the Jetsons TV show which portrayed the future, and yet the "bulky" design reminds me of the older tube TVs of the past.
The picture is great and the sound is amazing. The sound makes me feel like I'm in a movie theater. Sometimes it sounds like the sound is coming from another room--a surround sound experience.
I think the red color is a nice pop of color for any room.
on July 17, 2014
It is a sweet TV for a room, which was easy to set up. It automatically searches either antenna or cable channels and memorizes them. Since there is no HD tuner in my home, the picture of TV channels isn't great, however it does reproduce in High Definition from Blu Ray and DVD sources on its non-reflective LED screen. This TV got the following connection ports and capabilities (see the customer image which shows what can be connected to which port):

Analog&Digital TV Tuner ×1
Composite Video Input ×1
Component Input (Y,Cb,Cr/Y,Pb,Pr) ×1
VGA Input (15 pin D-Sub) ×1
HDMI Input ×3
USB ×1
Stereo Mini Phono Jack Input (3.5mm) ×1(VGA Audio)
RCA Input ×1(R/L)
AUX Input: Stereo Mini (3.5mm) ×1
Optical Output ×1

The USB memory reader is quite smart. For example this TV makes it easy and friendly browsing through and playing USB music. The systems captures and tabulates in separate fields Artist name, Album title, Year, etc. when the track is selected. I haven't tried yet browsing through USB photos, but I am pretty sure it is intelligent as well.

The last best thing about this TV is its built-in 15W subwoofer which complements TVs two 8W stereo speakers and built-in YAMAHA amplifier chip - all these can reproduce optional virtual surround sound, which isn't bad.
review image
9 helpful votes
10 helpful votes
on March 12, 2016
 I got this as an upgrade/replacement monitor for my PC and new TV. My PC has a dual VGA video card so I'm able to use two monitors at the same time. I have a USB TV tuner connected to my PC so it can serve as a TV. The problem was if I wanted to use my computer for some heavy tasking it would have a negative effect on my TV viewing. Now that the TV stands alone and not going through the PC that issue is gone. Nice.

The 2.1 sound and the USB input for flash drives etc. is the frosting on the cake. It's light weight and the handle at the top makes it easy to move.

I read a number of reviews, specifically the one and two stars; I hope I don't need to call Seiki customer service. As for the "poor" TV video it does not have a QAM tuner, ATSC/NTSC only, so HDTV requires a digital cable/satellite box with HDMI output. I was unable to find an HDTV with a QAM tuner that also had a VGA input for a PC so the trade off for me was OK.
review imagereview image
on January 20, 2015
This TV is everything I wanted out of it.
+ SMALL AND PORTABLE
There's a little carrying handle on the back of this TV, which makes toting from a car to a tournament or house easy. The TV is also a great size and I personally decided not to attach the legs just to keep it small- it works perfectly fine like that.

+ NO GAMING LAG
I primarily bought this TV to bring to Super Smash Bros Wii U tournaments and friends houses, and it hasn't let me down. There's no noticeable input lag, so everything runs smooth and everyone is happy. I have yet to test this with older consoles (SNES, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, etc...), but I'm very happy so far.

+ IT LOOKS SUPER SPECIAL AWESOME
I've already brought this to a few Smash Wii U tournaments and gatherings and everyone always compliments it and says how awesome and unique it is. I personally love retro/mid-century designs, and this TV fits right in with my mid-century thrifting finds. The red is a bit bright for me (I'm considering painting it), but it's a great glossy finish and very fun to look at.

+ SURPRISING SOUND
I wasn't expecting this TV to sound all that great, but it certainly puts out some great bass and treble. I feel no need to attach any external speakers, thankfully. I usually keep the volume between 6-8 for gaming while not disturbing others.

- VIEWING SWEET SPOT IS A BIT SMALL
I have this TV set slightly higher than my bed, and I've noticed that the screen is darker when viewed from low, high, and side angles. It's not a huge let down, considering I only paid a little more than a hundered dollars for it, but it's a bit annoying when trying to watch shows or play games that are dark in color. And on that note, the black are not incredibly black, so don't expect a ton a contrast from this TV.

Overall, I would definitely buy this TV again if need be. My friends and a few tournament goers were considering getting their own as well, but unfortunately Amazon no longer has any in stock as of this posting.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 5, 2014
This review will be two-fold, one for the retro concept of this TV, and the other taking into effect the price and value.

The TV part itself looks great - I would dare to say that the design and form is top ten regardless of price, including TV that cost more than $20k. Just taking the design and form, I would place this TV with the LG retro TV and the Sony XBR **X900A series as having the most elegant form factors in the whole industry. This TV will always stand out and be a great conversation piece.
Even the knobs look great, and continue that retro concept. There is a mechanical On/Off switch just like a retro TV, although once you leave it on the "On" side you can use the remote to wireless turn it on and off.
For such a small TV, the sound is quite mind-blowing. The two speakers are behind two cool-looking mesh grils. There is also a downward-firing sub-woofer on the bottom sideof the TV which adds great rumble. For such a small and cheap TV, the sound department is a huge positive.
There are legs which make up the stand and completes the retro look.

Now for the cons:
The biggest flaw is the picture quality. When you take the price into consideration, you can't complain too much. And it is a decent image quality - it's just that after seeing this TV set looking oh-so-sweet, to have an average looking visual experience is a letdown.
The next prominent flaw is the material and design quality. I know LCD screens are a lot thinner and tube screens, so you don't need all that cabin space, but if you're going for that retro look, then you have to complete it. So when the back only curves out a little, it feels chopped off, and looks incomplete, almost weird in a way.
And since this is a cheap TV, the knobs and legs are plastic with that mock-chrome finish - they will scratch off very easily.

Taking everything into consideration, especially the price(right now at $150), this makes a very cool/attractive TV for your den/dorm room/play room/kitchen.
If they make a 27"-32" version of this TV with better qualities for around $250 it would be the perfect second TV.
on February 23, 2015
We've received 20398404982 compliments over this little television. Best addition I've made to the home in years. I use it as a TV within my screen porch AND as a tv in the guest bedroom. I have a google chromecast device plugged in and guests are able to watch Netflix on it and listen to Pandora radio. And need I tell you, the sound from this television is amazing. Booming bass. Sounds as good as a full size boombox if not better. This is a gem. BUY IT.

Also, I removed the legs. Was a little toooo retro for me, but at least you have the option to take them off. Two thumbs up for that.
Enthusiast: Cookingon December 10, 2014
I love my new TV! In most rooms that have a TV, it's the focal point and this one makes a fantastic statement. It's picture is clear...I made the adjustments another reviewer suggested. As I always go through the entire set up process and almost always turn off the auto stuff, must have control :) , I'd have done it anyway but he explains it well. The sound is some of the best ever for a TV with no sound system attached. I'm very happy with it and wish Seiko would come up with a bigger version of this.
on December 19, 2014
It's okay. The design of the product is nice. The monitor used is not as good as I had expected. The retail price is $399.00. It was on sale for $129.99. I figured that it was a good quality product at a sale price. It turned out that it was a mediocre product that was overpriced but then put on sale. I regret buying the product. I'm actually pissed off because I had bought it for my mom with the impression that my mom was going to receive a quality tv at a discount price. I was wrong. It's a bad prodcut at a reduced price. My mom's old tv worked better. I will avoid Seiki in the future.